Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15: Enriching the Colors of Stamped Images

We don’t want to brag or anything, but there’s something we can easily do with clear My Acrylix® stamps that rubber stampers can’t. It’s called double (or triple) stamping.

Check out the stamping on the layout we featured yesterday.




See how rich the Autumn Terracotta is on the letters and bird images? And see how crisp the flourishes are, even though they are stamped atop dark or patterned paper? The only way to achieve this kind of color saturation is by stamping multiple times. Ink up your stamp, line it up precisely with the original image, and stamp on top of it. Then repeat, if necessary, until you reach the color you want.

Rubber stamps can’t do that. Even if you mount a rubber stamp on an acrylic block, you still can’t see precisely where it will be placed. But with My Acrylix®, the stamps and the blocks are crystal clear. You can stamp in the exact same spot time after time, which can achieve color saturation that is impossible to reach any other way.

If you’d like to receive the Felicity Collection, with gorgeous B&T Duos® papers and a versatile stamp set, you can buy it for $34.95 US/ $40.95 CAN, or receive it free with select purchases. (See your Consultant for details.) Or you can enter to win it here by commenting on this blog post.

Tell us about your favorite colors. What are they, and what do they represent to you? We’ll draw one winner at random, so come back tomorrow to find out if you won.

203 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 203 of 203   Newer›   Newest»
Unknown said...

the deeper richer autumn colors always appeal to me

stampinfranni said...

My faves change depending on my mood and the season. But some of my "go to" colors are blush, hollyhock, chocolate, crystal blue, buttercup, tulip, sorbet and juniper. I think it's safe to say that I love ALL the colors!

Deb30906 said...

For years and years, my favorite color has been purple. Purple people have rich personalities. I loved the Whoops a Daisy collection because of the purple and rich pink. It appealed to my personality. I find that the older I get, the brighter the colors I like and the more bling I like to add. I've been told that it's because old people can't see well. LOL

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 203 of 203   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.