
We asked a few avid scrapbookers to answer the question, “Why do I scrapbook?” Here are some of their answers:
“I scrapbook because I love the art and creativity that I can put into the layout. I also scrapbook to remember ages and stages of family members.”
—Cindee
“I love to do things with my hands; I’m a tactile-oriented artist and am drawn to art forms that I can touch and move around with my fingers. It is very satisfying to look at something and say to myself, ‘I made that. That’s entirely my creation.’ Techniques used in scrapbooking can be used in and applied to the other forms of art I enjoy so much.”
—Laura
“Besides being a creative outlet, scrapbooking is a way for me to connect with my friends and sisters. I love to take photos, and scrapbooking is a way I can display those photos that doesn’t take focus away from my shots, but enhances their beauty. It offers me the opportunity to interject my own personality into my photo albums. Scrapbooks, for me, are essentially journals with sass. Scrapbooking is also a way to pay attention to simple everyday moments—memories that may be overlooked but are just as important as the big events.”
—Carlie
“I love having an idea and seeing it come to life. I love working with my hands and learning newer and better ways to make things.”
—Katie
Why do you scrapbook? Leave a comment here telling us your motivations. We’ll reward one lucky winner with a Felicity Collection, available in January 2010 only as our way of celebrating National Papercrafting Month.

229 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 1 – 200 of 229 Newer› Newest»-
Sheila H
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:12 AM
-
Rhonda Mitchell
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM
-
Smashing Cake Designs
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM
-
Linda Fleur
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM
-
Sheri M. from MN
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:18 AM
-
Joy
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:18 AM
-
Kelli U
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:20 AM
-
CarrieB
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM
-
Christine David
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM
-
Elaine Hollander
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:23 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:24 AM
-
Cheri Hill
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM
-
Maryann Martorelli
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:33 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:35 AM
-
Rosalynd Kelly
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM
-
Alexis Crossland-Smith
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM
-
Laura O.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:40 AM
-
Trishkj
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM
-
Lynaya
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM
-
Karen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:46 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM
-
Parchey Family
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM
-
Gayle Mink
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:56 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:56 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM
-
Me Again
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:00 AM
-
Julie
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM
-
Debbie Tuggle
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM
-
Jennifer
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM
-
karen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM
-
Teresa
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM
-
Guiselle
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:13 AM
-
Karen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM
-
Lisa Shemko
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM
-
Nina N
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM
-
Terrie Mathison
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:22 AM
-
Jody
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM
-
AZconservativeMOM
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:28 AM
-
Kellen's Mom
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM
-
Scrappin' this and that
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM
-
Cheryl Even
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM
-
Helen Van Daalen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM
-
KellyC
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM
-
Geri Conley
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:46 AM
-
Rachel
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM
-
Tami
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM
-
Ranette
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM
-
Cheryl Potter
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM
-
Vicki Wizniuk
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:57 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM
-
Karen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:04 AM
-
glenda
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM
-
Purrfect Paper Creations
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM
-
Margy
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:19 AM
-
Becky Sorensen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM
-
Jessica
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:22 AM
-
Christina
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM
-
Michele
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:29 AM
-
Lacey
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:34 AM
-
Ann
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM
-
Crystal Pledger
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:36 AM
-
Lisa P
said...
-
This comment has been removed by the author.
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM
-
Nicole *Ü*
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM
-
Lisa P
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM
-
Maggi
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM
-
Sherry Hawa
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM
-
Marcia K
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM
-
triciagall
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM
-
Tammy C.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM
-
smahrty
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM
-
Korine
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:08 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:14 PM
-
Sarah Raddatz
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM
-
Penne
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM
-
Kerry J
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM
-
Shannon
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM
-
JodiLynn
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM
-
Tracy
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:43 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:46 PM
-
MrsSuzyQ
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM
-
Juliet A
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM
-
Amy
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM
-
Tracie
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:08 PM
-
Anna
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM
-
SAR girls
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:13 PM
-
Semi Granola Mom
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:20 PM
-
Julie A.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:33 PM
-
Laura C
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:34 PM
-
This Is My Fibro
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM
-
Paige Dolecki
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM
-
WhyamIdoingthis
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM
-
Kristina
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM
-
Wendy K.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:05 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:11 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM
-
sgoodbrand
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM
-
monicac
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:34 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:37 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM
-
Patti B.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:40 PM
-
Dove
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:49 PM
-
Denise G
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:52 PM
-
Roberta Dermody
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM
-
Tammy Wynard
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:55 PM
-
Lori L
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:57 PM
-
Cindy Vernon
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM
-
Lucie Hale
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM
-
Sheila Bennett
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM
-
Nicole Steele
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:24 PM
-
marlene
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:54 PM
-
CRcr
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM
-
Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM
-
Shauna
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:00 PM
-
Flair Girl
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM
-
Amy Ulen
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:08 PM
-
Lya Lin
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:11 PM
-
Barbi
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:15 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM
-
shena84
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:19 PM
-
Nicole
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM
-
Brendakaye
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM
-
Gretel
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM
-
Carolann
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM
-
aggie
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:00 PM
-
Kevin Renz
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:02 PM
-
Erin
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:03 PM
-
Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM
-
Sally Murray
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM
-
Elizabeth H
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:21 PM
-
Myra D
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:22 PM
-
Tara
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM
-
Stephanie Smith
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:35 PM
-
sandyh50
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM
-
Stacey Barrows
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:43 PM
-
Lora
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM
-
LARAINE
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:54 PM
-
KimberleyG
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 5:56 PM
-
Katherine C
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:00 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:03 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM
-
StacyC
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:13 PM
-
Laura
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:22 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:23 PM
-
Joyce
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:26 PM
-
Dory G
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:28 PM
-
Nathan Jay
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM
-
Michelle H
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM
-
Simonetta Bois (Simmie)
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM
-
Debbie Taylor
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM
-
Lilly
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM
-
Amy
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:27 PM
-
Kristin H.
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM
-
Mitsy#9
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:43 PM
-
Myra Grodzuik
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM
-
Tonya W
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 7:55 PM
-
Deborah Young
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM
-
dclawson
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM
-
CVOChristi
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM
-
Corrie
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM
-
Barbra Otten
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM
-
Lynn
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:27 PM
-
Elaine
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM
-
Nalazoo
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:35 PM
-
Unknown
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 8:53 PM
-
Anonymous
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:00 PM
-
Kimberly
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:02 PM
-
Janette
said...
-
-
January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM
«Oldest ‹Older 1 – 200 of 229 Newer› Newest»I started to scrap in order to display my sons' heritage to them. Now I have a grandson, and I also want him to know all his family. This hobby is educational, informative, creative and fun!
I love to scrapbook because of my sister. This was something that the two of us could do together. We started scrapbooking over seven years ago. Although, I don't get as much time to do it as she does, I do enjoy it!
Thank you,
Rhonda
I scrapbook to showcase the pictures and create a story behind them rather then just throwing them in an album. I of course also love the creative outlet it has become for me.
I scrapbook because the Lord blessed me with a short memory. That's really great because it means I don't hold a grudge (can't remember what I was upset about), but it also means that if I didn't scrapbook those precious memories of my family and loved ones, I couldn't hold them in my hands and heart forever.
I love to scrapbook! I started when my friend was scrapping all of her baby girl's firsts. I started with my wedding, vacation pics, first home, etc. I was esctatic when I could finally scrap pics of my own kids. I treasure each photo, memory & page that I create.
I scrapbook to be able to tell the stories that go along with the photos of my loved ones and my life!
I started scrapbooking when I was still in high school because I didn't want to lose any of the great memories that I knew I would soon forget. Now with child three on the way I continue to scrapbook and even though I don't have as much time to scrapbook, I still find time because I know one day my kids will be able to look through the books and think back with fond memories.
I started out with a camera at about age 10. I loved taking pictures and when a friend introduced me to scrapbooking in the mid-90's, I was hooked!! It is my creative outlet! I love the products, the process and the end result!
I scrapbook because I love being able to revisit my life.
I scrapbook for my daughter so that she will have something to look back at.
I started scrapbooking when I had my first grandchild. I wanted them to be able to look back on all their childhood memories. I now have 5 grandchildren and lots of pictures and when they come over to my house they run in to look through their scrapbooks. I know it is appreciated.
I love scrapbooking because I want my children to have lots of memories when I am gone. My mom died when I was young and she had done a scrapbook for us that I absolutely cherish. I want my kids to have that as well.
I love to scrapbook as a way to relax. When I am concentrating on how I want a page to look, I am not thinking about things that stress me. I may take an hour or more on a single page, but I truly am happy. When I look at my family or friends (in the pictures) enjoying something, it makes me happy. I think scrapbooking is my "outlet".
so that my kids can cherish memories
I scrapbook to preserve our family memories and I love the patterns and textures of all the diffent papers out there. I definitely have a paper addiction!
I scrapbook for my sanity, without this creative outlet I would go crazy.
As an added bonus it allows me to document my family and what we do.
I love scrapbooking because I love being creative. I used to draw, paint, and play piano before I had kids. Scrapbooking is what I do now while preserving memories from their childhood.
My friend at work is getting me into scrapbooking and I love what she does. I love taking pictures and displaying them in way that people will enjoy looking at them.
I scrapbook so as to leave my children a record of all the wonderful memories they can have of growing up; and so that they will really know me as a person and not just their mom.
I love to memories I have while scrapbook my pictures. I go to a scrapbook class to do my scrapbooking and that time out of the house is greatly needed, and I come home with more love for my family.
I scrapbook because I like how easy it is to feel really creative and produce keepsakes and memories for my children to look at with the inclusion of written down stories which don't exist in the photo albums of my childhood.
I have really progressed by attending your workshops.... I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the world you have opened up for me.
Paula Stevenson
I love to scrapbook for amny reasons. Probably the biggest reason I started was becasue I could make a layout show just how much I appreciate the people in my life in a way I might have never expressed in words. Angie
I want to give my daughter a story of her life and our life together. I want to share my thoughts and feelings with her through scrapbooking and hope she will treasure these memories forever. After 18 years of working in engineering, I enjoy challenging my creative side. I especially have enjoyed the friendships I have built through scrapbooking.
I scrapbook to enhance the millions of pictures I take! I love adding my own touch to each page and to look at it when it's done and think "I did that!" It's a creative way for me to display all of our memories in an easy and fun to review way. Growing up (and still now) all our pictures where in a box and it was hard to enjoy as there was no order. With scrapbooking, it doesn't matter so much to me if my pages are in chronological order, but that I can see them and enjoy the memories!
I enjoy scrappin' because I can be creative and have fun, and also be doing something that will last forever-so that all generations after me will be able to capture a glimpse of their heritage. I would love to have photos and written accounts of my family, but they just didn't take the time to prepare them. Hopefully, I can start a tradition that will last for many generations.
Gina Stockfisch
I stated scrapbooking when my first child was born, my mother had all kinds of pictures of my sister and I when we were little but they were all on slides so they got seen very rarely. I did not want that for my kids so I stated albums which now as the kids are older they love! We often pull out the scrapbooks on a rainy day just to look and I even catch my two kids sitting on the couch together flipping through the books, this is too cute!
I find that scrapbooking helps me remember and gives me perspective on the past. I love going through old photos and remembering stories. I also love showing other people these memories through my scrapbooks.
We have so many wonderful memories, and often wonderful pictures to go with them. But putting them together into a scrapbook that is not just functional but also attractive and tells a story - that brings it all together for us to enjoy and to share with others.
I scrapbook to have a record of our lives.
Scrapbooking allows me to tie in writing down my memories with the pictures in order to have a complete story!
I scrapbook to preserve memories for my daughter.
I started scrapping after my brother died. I scrapbook as family history and journalling. I want to document certain moments for my family. It makes me happy.
I like to scrapbook because I can show off my girls to family and friends is a very cute and stylish way!! :D
I love to Scrapbook - it allows the 1st grader to come out in me - I love to cut, paste and create!
I scrap to preserve memories. Most of my scrapbooking consists of mini albums. I'm horribly impatient and just can't stand not having a project done the same day I start it! Most of these albums center around a family event. I also scrap calendars for my mom and myself every year. These are more everyday events, so I have most things covered!
I love to scrapbook because I love to have an organized way of viewing our family pictures. I love to keep the memories we are building in our lives. And what's more fun than being able to use some crafts to display your pictures!
I love to scrapbook as a creative outlet and to preserve family memories.
I love scrapbooking because it gives me a chance to make special pictures even more special. I find it relaxing, and it is a chance for me to use my creative/artistic side.
I too love having a creative outlet and I love being able to use my pictures for something other than photo album filler.
I scrapbook for the memories I'm preserving of my precious family.
All of the above, lol. I scrapbook for all of those reasons above, i.e. so my daughter will have all those memories of her childhood, so I can reflect back to all those memories, so my hands can have something to do, I love creating. Scrapbooking is a wonderful, wonderful past-time and I can't imagine my life without it now.
I scrapbook for the fun times with my scrappy friends, and to create keepsakes for my kiddos!
I love to scrapbook to show my creativity and preserve memories, it is also a great way to get out and connect with family and friends.
I scrapbook to perserve my family's memories! Also my scrapbooking revolves around my friends. We love to get together and share in celebrating our families!
I scrapbook because I love the feeling of completing a page and thinking, "Wow, I did that!" I am totally untalented in other crafty areas like sewing or knitting, so it is nice to have one thing I can do well. Plus it is wonderful to look back through my scrapbooks and remember the great times of life; it shows me how blessed I really am.
I scrapbook because I love doing a variety of crafts and this is just one of the ones I enjoy. It enables me to tell more of a story for each picture.
I scrapbook because I love the hobby and also to remember all the precious moments in life. It's lights up any picture.
I scrapbook as a way to preserve my family history and because it's like quilting with paper!
It is the only outlet I have for creativity due to my busy schedule of working and being a mom :)
Many people don't like or understand scrapbooking but everyone has stories. My kids are always given assignments that has them ask their grandparents how life was back then.
It is my goal to make scrapbooks that tell those stories. I also like to do themed books, like the family recipes and favorite family traditions. It's all scrapbooking.
I absolutely love making things with my hands. I have had a love affair with paper products since I was very young. My nana introduced me to scrapbooking but not as we know it today. It was Victorian-era style where you collect images you fancy from magazines and flyers and newpapers and paste them into an oversized newprint "scrapbook". Scrapbooking has come a long way, baby!
I scrapbook for so many different reasons from taking a mental health moment for 30 minutes of bliss, sharing time with my scrapbooking sisters, or relishing in the feeling of accomplishment when a page is finally finished. But the most important reason for me is to tell the stories that are behind the pictures. I know that one day I will not be here to explain and answer all the questions that may come up about any particular picture left in a blank photo album. With scrapbooking, I can use my unique creativity too tell and share my stories for generations to come.
I scrapbook for a couple of reasons. You rarely take pictures of bad times in your life so you're spending time looking at pictures of happy times and being creative. That is a great way to keep your mind on positive things. Secondly others enjoy looking at your pictures more when they are scrapbooked so it is a way to share your good times with others, it's a great social outlet in many ways.
I love to scrapbook because I want to preserve the memories in the photos I scrap and because I love to create the pages-- putting together papers and embellishments with the photos is soooo satisfying....
My main reason for scrapbooking is it's my creative outlet! I love to sit down and create. And the idea that my pages will likely be around for my future grandkids to be able look at glimpses of our life, makes it even more pleasurable!
I love having a visual record of our family, our kids as they grow, the trips we've taken.... AND I love working with the papers, patterns and colors to create a pleasing page for the photographs!
It gives me a creative outlet
I scrapbook because it relaxes and makes me happy. I am so happy to be doing something to record my children and grandchildren's lives. To be able to document the years before they were born, so that they will know what there great-grandparents lives were like.
I love scrapbooking because I love being able to save our family memories and stories. My kids love being able to go and read about when they were little!
I scrapbook because it's less expensive than therapy, and much more effective!
I scrapbook for my kids, so when they are older they will have those memories together, not in boxes like all my pictures from growing up.
I scrapbook to preserve my memories on paper,my mind does not always remember all the little details.
I love to scrapbook because it's fun! Yes, I enjoy preserving my family's memories and I think that's important; but I truly love playing with paper and scissors!
I scrapbook to give my family memories to look back on for years to come.
I scrapbook so after I'm gone, my kids and grandkids will have something to remember me by. And they will know how much I love them
I am just getting started on scrapbooking. I scrapbook because I want to keep my memoires in more than just an album. I like being able to create pages that have more than just photos, tell more of the story. I enjoy it too!
I scrapbook because I like to be able to share the books with others and relive those precious moments that slip away from our memory too soon.
I scrapbook because it's fun and I love the creative aspect of it. I also scrapbook to leave memories for my kids. I take tons of photos, so I know I'll never be able to scrapbook them all, but to add my thoughts about things to some photos I think will be priceless for them in the future.
I scrapbook to preserve memories and leave a legacy for my descendents. I started out in this hobby as a way of preserving the family history that I have been researching since since Grade 11. It's a way of leaving a little piece of myself behind.
It's also a great creative outlet and has allowed me the opportunity to meet some of the nicest people you can ever hope to meet. Another bonus is it led me to CTMH. :-)
I need a creative outlet for the artists that dwells within me. I don't draw that well but feel like there is much creativity in me that I can express through photography and scrapbooking. I also love to write. My writing skills and artistic nature are a perfect combination for scrapbooking.
I scrapbook to preserve memories for my children and grandchildren. I also love the creative aspect of scrapbooking -- anything that lets me play with paper, adhesive, ribbon, buttons, and glitter has to be a great thing!!
Scrapbooking brings all my favorite hobbies together in one fun-filled activity: photography, paper-crafting, stamping, and yes, even journaling (although that is my biggest challenge.) I love preserving the memories of our family activites for my children and they love looking at the pages. It is such a joy to watch them revisit all of the fun things we have done together as a family. That really is the greatest reward of scrapbooking!
I scrapbook to document the events in my life. Also I love the creative portion of it!
I started scrapbooking to get my photos out of their little packets and into albums where they can be enjoyed. Also like meeting with other scrappers and getting new ideas.
Each page of a scrapbook is a work of art! I love creating the artwork and reliving the memories!
I scrapbook for my family :)
I wonder just the opposite, how can you not scrapbook? It is so fun and everyone can develop their own style. Great way to show off photos!
I love pictures. I love pretty things. Put the two together and you have a perfect combination. Plus, it's a great way to release some artistic energy!
I scrapbook because I want to remember . . . to leave a legacy.
I scrapbook for my kids to have something when they are older that I did for them. And there is no right or wrong way to do it!
I scrapbook because I like to see the finished project.
I scrapbook because I want to teach my daughter to celebrate every aspect of her life. My scrapbooks tell the story of how lucky an grateful we are to have her in our lives and brings focus on the little things that mean so much. Like the first time she experienced corn on the cob and how much she enjoyed it. Her favourite park to visit. If a picture is worth a thousand words.. how many words does a scrapbook layout express when telling the story of someone's life?
simply to tell my families story! My children love to look through their pictures, and scrapbooking tells more of a story!
I scrapbook to have keepsakes of our past. It is a way of telling our family story. Someday, these scrapbooks will be passed on to my children and then they can retell our family story to their children!
Scrapbooking is my escape. I put on some music or a good movie and get carried away with creativity. I love that I am productive yet relaxing. I love to take photos and scrapbooking enables me to tell the story behind the photo for years to come! It lets me remember the little things and the memories we may soon forget.
I scrapbook because I love the art of photography and especially love stationary! Now that I have been introduced to stamping, I'm even more addicted!!
I scrapbook for almost all the the ideas mentioned above. lol. My first reason to start scrapbooking was the day I found an old journal with a few pages of cute things my oldest child had said. I realized that I didn't remember any of then until i reread them. There was also some pictures tucked in that I didn't remember either. I realized how much I was missing having stopped recording those moments and what the story was behind those pictures. I then went to A CTMH party and the rest is history. or HER-STORY!:)
I love to scrapbook because one, it is a great stress reliever. My friend and I block everything out and work together as we talk and share. I also love the finished product, the completed pages, I love using all kinds of embellishments. My scrapbook albums are so special to me, I love pulling them out and looking at them over and over. They are so much more interesting than my old, plain photo albums.
Too many photos in my family have lost their meaning because there were no names, dates, or any frame of reference for them. Scrapbooking keeps the important memories alive. As the scrapbooker int he family, I feel like a historian.
I love to scrapbook because I want my 2 boys (ages 4 and 2)to have something special to look back on when they are older. I really enjoy watching my boys excitement when they look through their books and remember the event. It makes me giggle sometime when they remember the event totally different from what I remember.
I scrapbook so my children don't get a big box of pictures when I'm gone & ask each other, "Who are those people?" It allows me "me time" & time to share creatively with others.
Relaxation, calming, quiet mommy time, exciting family time. Lots of reasons to scrapbook but mainly to look through it and to see how my creativity has grown along with my children and our family.
I scrapbook for many reasons. 1. It is creative outlet for me. 2. To showcase my photos. 3. Spending time with my sisters and scrapbook friends. 4. And most importantly that when I am no longer sharing this world with my family & friends they can look back and know me, know themselves, know us!
The main reason why I am beginning to scrapbook is to gather all our old photos and any new ones and the history of our families into suitable albums to pass on to our children. It is a wonderful creative way to preserve memories of events and family. Hopefully, it will help them know and remember the years past and all the good times and memories and be a basis for them to continue scrapbooking their families. For current day enjoyment, I do card making to share today with them.
I scrapbook to capture a moment in time. A time we can remember years from now when our memories may dim. I also do it for selfish reasons-it gives me a few minutes to myself to indulge my creative side.
I scrapbook so that I don't forget :)
~C
I originally started scrapping when my daughter was born. I thought I was working on her baby book, but it turned out to be the first of many scrapbooks! It's my creative outlet, that allows me to still "be" with my girls. I also need help in the memory dept, since I forget lots of stuff! - Julie A.
I'm not very artistic but I am creative -- scrapbooking provides the perfect outlet! I have an outlet for my creative juices, but don't need to draw, etc. I love recording memories and am always thinking about my children (3 months & 2.5 years) showing their future grandchildren the books that I've created! Michelle LB
I love incorporating my pictures into scrappy pages. It takes away the stress and minutes turn into hours of peaceful enjoyment.
Because one day I may not remember. I'm afraid of losing these precious memories.
I scrapbook to put all my thoughts together, to relax and be with people I enjoy being with. Scrapbooking has become my therapy.
Barb K
My sister in law started scrapping for her baby and then she scrapped me a calander for Christmas. I fell in love w/ creating and accenting our precious memories. Also, it's a 'me time' thing, I can let go of stress and relax. Although, I do love when the kids want to get involved on which stamp or papaer to use.
I need the creative outlet that papercrafting gives me but scrapbooking is a way to capture forever a golden moment in time that shows the bonds of love, the joy and laughter and the unique individuals that I have been blessed with as a family. No matter what happens tomorrow, I had today and today was good.
Paige
I love this hobby because it relaxes me and I get to use the little creativity that I have. My sons just love to look at the albums and comment and laugh how they looked over the last 30 years ago. Their wives love them also. But mostly I do it for future generations of my family because I personally love to look at my old family photos and will scrap them too...one day!
I am desperately afraid of losing my memories to time and the ravages of Altzheimer's disease. I want to leave a tangible reference to the life I have led, for those who will come after me, and for my own foggy future.
I scrap because I want my children to recall the pleasures of their childhood, the roots which they grew from and the faces of those who love or loved them while they were on this Earth.
I love making stuff, especially with paper. I always have since I was a child. I also love the idea of showcasing our memories for my daughters to have one day.
I scrapbook because it's a beautiful art form, and it shows off photos of my family like a photo album never could. There's so much room for creativity and originality in scrapbooking, and you can't make a mistake, because it's art!
that's an easy question... I LOVE IT! It lets me take time for ME that doesn't involve being a mom or a wife and I don't feel guilty because I'm preserving my families memories! As an added bonus,my husband doesn't mind when I spend to much money on CTMH stuff because he likes the pages too!
Danica TG
I scrapbook because I love the creative aspect. It's a plus that I am also recording my family's history and I know there are things that we would forget if they were not in a scrapbook!
I started scrapbooking when my oldest son was about 6 months old. That was about 10 years ago... wow how time flys! I wanted to keep his pictures and memories about them for him to see when he got older. I am always looking for whats new and fun to make all my kids books the best! Thats why I love CTMH, they help me do just that!
Scapbooking is an addiction for me but in a postive way.
I love buying paper, embellishments & every tool available.
With these products I can spend hours in my room or cropping with friends & let all my creative juices flow. In this way I can preserve everyday moments of my family & friends. I love the look on their faces when they go through the albums that I have done. It is important to leave behind family moments of history & it is so much enjoyable looking at a scrapbook as opposed to a bunch of pictures in a box. Finally it is great mental therapy for me, I forget all that is going on around me that is negative & focus on all the joy from my pictures & what I am going to create.
CM fr Bradford, Ont
Creating a scrapbook is my way of relaxing, having a tangible result for my efforts is rewarding. CTMH makes it so easy to create beautiful and artistic pages that I feel like I am already an accomplished scrapper after only a year. Honestly I also love how everyone gushes over the pages when they look thru the book. :) And I get rid of those dusty photo boxes...ugh I hate those things!
I love to scrapbook because it allows me to creatively capture my memories! I enjoy matching the textured papers and figuring out how to layout the photographs. Plus, figuring out where to text is the most challenging part! However, when all said in done, I'm always in love with the end product.
This summer my parents had their 25th anniversary and as a gift I organized over 25 years worth of pictures that were just in boxes!!! It took many months to get my families pictures organized and it inspired me to take more care in preserving my families memories. I had not printed pictures off my digital camera in 5 years!! So I have bit the bullet and printed them all off and have spent many more months organizing them into albums. I have had a blast reliving moments in the pictures and I want to scrapbook our pictures from now on to make sure that when we have our 25th anniversary my daughter doesn't have so much work to do!!
I like to scrapbook because I don't know much about many people in my family. Many have passed or I never met, so my history is very limited. I try to do as much journaling as I can, so my grandchildren and generations thereafter will know about their past.
I scrapbook loving that my creations will be saved, for the love it shows, and the memories it helps preserve. Pam W.
I scrapbook for fun and to have memories for future generations to see! Carol W
I love taking pictures and looking thru my photo albums. I remember my first scrapbook session and I was hooked. two of my favorite things, photos and crafting all in one. I love looking thru the photos and being able to recall the memories of what took place because of the journaling.
It's a fun way to get together with friends and an outlet for my creativity.
I LOVE scrapbooking, both as a creative outlet and as a way of preserving information about our lives. I embroider/crossstich too, but scrapbooking is so much faster! I also think it's important to preserve our family's history, for future generations.
I started Scrap booking just recently, when I found out my Mother might have breast Cancer - I took a leep of faith and grabbed a small 12 page paper album and used it to share thoughts, photos, and prayers for my Mother, in doing so I healed my heart, and gave my mom a wonderful gift that will continue to keep giving. I now have found Scrap booking to be a way for me to let my feelings flow - I enjoy working with my smaller children making memories for future generations. I really don't know how I have not know about scrap booking for so long. I love all the ideas I find on-line, in blogs and peoples photos - the best is that scrap booking gives me Peace, and in todays world, we all need more Peace!!~ I am so excited for album I am working on now, for my daughter about to turn 16 - there are many memories and pieces of information, my journaling, my Love gets to be placed on something that lasts generations!
I love to scrapbook because it lets me be creative while leaving a piece of love and family for all to treasure. There's nothing better than waling in a room and seeing that your 18 year old son has pulled out the scrapbooks to show his friends!!
I love to scrapbook because I LOVE to take photos and do fun things with them. I love to look back over the years and remember the things that have happened in my life.
I love to scrap book for two main reasons. I enjoy being creative and I have always enjoyed looking back at old photos of family and friends even as a young child. I hope to leave an even larger picture of our family and our way of life for my future family members.
Of course I scrapbook to preserve memories, but more importantly I scrapbook to feel a sense of accomplishment and feel fulfilled. This enables me to help others learn how they are fulfilled.
I scrapbook because I love to look back at all my memories and remember all the emotions I went through during that time.
I scrapbook to preserve my memories! My children love looking back and see what we've done.
As of Saturday, I will officially meet my very first CTMH consultant and will begin my new shopping relationship with CTMH. I am so excited about buying the Felicity line. I can't wait to play with the papers! I have saved the whole day just for scrapping!
I like to re-live the moments while scraping pictures.
I scrapbook to pass along life lessons, values, morals, memories, and other things I feel my family should know. Scrapbooking is a visual journal. I've always loved to write. I always start with what I want to say, then I let that dictate my photos and artwork.
I just did my first scrapbook last year for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I enjoyed looking at all of the old pictures and creating something special. But, I must admit, cardmaking is my favorite papercrafting activity. Laurie W. Seguin, TX
I scrapbook to see something coming from the materials, and I also love that the end products are things that people can see, touch and enjoy. It's a way for me to show someone that I'm celebrating with, sorrowing with or simply thinking of them.
One reason I scrapbook is because I'm feeling my age and want to leave a memory legacy before I forget it all!
I scrapbook to preserve memories. To take a few pictures and tell a story is priceless for future generations. I also love the art & creative side of making my pages and books.
Deb Schaefer
www.alteredartstudio9010.blogspot.com
I started out scrapbooking as a way to get my creative fix. Since having children I do it also as a gift to my family. I'm sure when they are older they will really appreciate all memories we have collected.
To me scrapbooking is like painting, you start with a blank canvas and create something beautiful. I can't paint, but with all the great paper, stamps, and embillishments CTMH offers, I can create beautiful scrapbook pages! It is so satsifying recording our family memories by scrapbooking/
I love to create and I love to record my childrens lives and my own for future generations!
That's always been a question that troubles me, for I feel I should be more purposeful. Ultimately, I scrapbook for the art of it, and to record my heritage!
Plain and simple, I scrapbook to remember! I don't want to lose these important memories to time.
I really never thought of myself of being crafty until I started scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is so fun and a great way to be creative. I love to take a pattern and make it my own. Just need to learn to do for myself.
I love Photography and all the goodness it brings. Things, places, people...my family, my baby.
Scrapbook is just the only and unique way to put everything I like the most - pic shooting, paper crafting and journaling.
I love to scrapbook, I started when my oldest daughtet who is now 33 years old started kindergarden. It not only is a way for me to tell our family story and leave something for our children, and remember our memories, but also I have made lots of wonder friends over the 10 plus years I have been with Close to My Heart. I just love all our wonderful products!
Scrapbooking allows me to document memories for my family, provides a creative release from the stresses in my life, and makes me happy.
-Shannon from Columbia, MO
I scrapbook to relax. I also do it to remember the good and bad times. It reminds me what I have been throught and what I am able to do in my life. The time I scrapbook just makes me so happy. I loving looking back at the past years of my life and, the lifes of people I know and love
I started scrapbooking because I wanted to make a memory book for a friend going off to college. Now I scrapbook to preserve my own memories and to have fun!
I don't really scrapbook but love to papercraft and make cards. I do want to make some photos into something special so I am sort of collecting still ideas and such to figure out just how to plunge in and make such. My consultant is more than willing and able to help me!
Chris R. from Iowa
I scrapbook to preserve my memories for my children and grandchildren. My grandchildren never knew my father, who died before they were born, but with my scrapbook they can get to know what he was like and feel like they know him.
I scrapbook because it helps me to remember. I also scrapbook because I love the creative outlet--it's such a release for me. I love to talk about scrapbooking with my best friend. So many reasons!!
Scrapbooking has a twofold benefit for me. I so enjoy it as a past time (art was always my favorite subject). I also hope to leave behind a legacy for future generations.
...I scrapbook because...it is nice to carve out time to yourself or spend with friends and to have something special for years to come...there is always more to a picture than you see...scrap booking can give it the story and life it needs!
It's fun, besides it helps me to preserve my memories in a way that not only tells a story, but displays my photos and jounaling in an attractive way.
Scrapbooking has allowed me to be creative,preserve memories and has cultivated many friendships!
I scrapbook for the same reasons that all the other ladies suggested.
I scrapbook because I have always, since I was a little child, enjoyed looking at the baby books and scrapbooks my mom did for me. I hope my children feel the same one day.
I scrapbook to preserve all our family memories that can be passed down to my children, grandchildren and someday great grandchildren.
After spending a week with my mother, going through photos and journals, I am sold on the idea of scrapbooking while memories are still fresh... and while you still remember the person in the picture. If anything it will save countless hours, days, weeks of time later in life and allow you to take joy in the little things when they are still new!
I scrapbook because it is relaxing and it is a way to nicely capture the moments.
I love to scrapbook because it allows me to be creative while preserving memories. I usually enjoy the fellowship of my creative friends while I work. Most of all I rarely scrapbook for myself. I love to take those cherished pictures of times past, make copies, scrapbook them, and suprise someone with a gift from the heart.
I scrapbook to remember moments in my kids and my families life that I might forget about. I also love seeing the finished results of my pages and stare and stare at them forever. I also love using CTMH products because they are fabulous!
I scrapbook because I want to remember moments my family has in a creative way.
I scrapbook because it's fun and I love doing it with my scrapbooking group. I have tons of pictures that need to be put into a scrapbook so my kids and grandkids will know who the people are and what is going on.
I am a crafty person and I find scrapbooking a great way to let out my creative style. I also like know that I have documented events in our life to treasure in years to come. Layouts are a great way to tell a story.
I love photography and scrapbook is a way to do something creative with some of my favorite photographs.
I am scrapbooking photos of my grandchildren. It's a great way to showcase photos rather than regular photo albumns, and it's so much fun!
I'm just learning, but it's a fun, creative outlet that allows me to add keepsakes, etc to enhance my photos and turn my pages into a part of the experience; otherwise it's just a photo in an album.
I scrapbook so that I can have all my families memories preserved. I love watching my kids as they go through their books - seeing the happiness in their eyes as they see how much they have grown. It lets us remember all the special moments that we have had.
I love to scrapbook for sooo many reasons!!! It gives me a chance to remember and preserver important family memories! Without my scrapbooks, there is no way I could remember all of the great things that happen! It also gives me a chance to spend much needed time with my great friends!! We plan days, even weekends to be together and to scrapbook, what could be better? I also love that it lets me, the crazy accountant, be creative!
I feel in love with scrapbooking because of my daughter. When she was diagnoised with cancer in 2008, I thought my world was coming to an end. Since her remission...the experience taught me that things can change in an instant. I love taking pictures and I love telling the stories behind the photos. I want a reminder of everything that goes on in my family's life. For myself as well as the next generation.
I started scrapping many years ago, before it became popular.. I have always loved to document things in my life...
I love to scrap because I joined a group and it's nice to meet up with everyone once a month. I love making special pictures even better.
Laura
I scrapbook because I have five children, so I have lots of pictures!
I started to scrapbook because I love all those patterned papers and embellishments!
To decompress after a hard day at work.
I scrapbook with my wife. It's good quality time to spend together. Scrapbooking doesn't just have to be for women. I do a lot of scrapbooking with old family photos. It is interesting to research our past.
I scrapbook so that I may leave memories for my children and their children. I love to use different patterned papers and see my ideas come to life, and to know that others will be able to enjoy them in the future.
When I became disabled and became a "Technical Home Engineer" I was introduced to CTMH. Though I have been scrapbooking for 10+ I discovered my style through CTMH and later became a consultant. Scrapbooking allows me to be creative. It may be a layout or making an ornament. Receipt of new paper and new pictures (not necessarily at the same time) really gets me excited. I can't wait to sit down to create.
My scrapbooks are prettier than I am. They are not flawed like I am. They hold onto memories where I so quickly forget. They last and do not fall apart or let down. They bring smiles from warm recollections, all this and more. How could I not scrapbook?
I scrapbook because it fills my heart and soul with joy and for no other reason than that. Debbie
I love to work with all those cute papers, embelishments, stamps...And it is a fun way to remember the good moments with my family.
Thanks.
I scrapbook because I love the way it looks when I am done and I can't think of something I value more than the photographs that help me remember all the great times with my family and friends.
It's good girlfriend time. No guilt - you're doing something you enjoy and will also be enjoyed by others.
I scrapbook because it is like quilting but we use paper.
Mitsy#9
I scrapbook because I am an artsy kind of gal and I love fast instant projects and what better way than with paper!!
For all the obvious reasons....to preserve memories, to showcase family & friends, to show my love for others....and also for the FUN OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love showcasing my pictures!
I scrapbook for so many reasons....creating a legacy, showcasing photos, enjoying the creative process!
I scrapbook because it allows me to tell a story with my pictures without actually having to explain them.
I love to scrapbook to review my memories from time to time. It's so easy to forget where we've been in life, it's nice to look back and reflect.
I love to scrapbook because it allows me to preserve the memories.
I scrapbook to tell the lives and times of my family.
My children were all adopted as older kids and I scrap to give them the memories that they did not get when they did not have much of a childhood. They love seeing themselves in my pages and remember way more than I do in every event. All three of my children love the pages we do together too, thank you for the great kits.
Creating scrapbook pages gives a wonderful feeling. I love looking at beautiful scrapbook pages.
Scrapbooking is such a great hobby and it was the one thing that my daughter and I could do together when we were having a "bad" day during her teen years. Now that she is grown, we still enjoy the hobby together and share the love of pictures.
Joy Ann
I look at the photos left by my grandmother and wonder - who are these people? How did my grandmother know them? Where were they and why were they there? I want my children to know the stories behind the photos. I want them to know what's important to me and why.
I scrapbook to preserve memories and stories. I also do it because I love the creative side of it. WOrking with beautiful papers, stamps, ribbons etc. I am also an avid sewer and love that I can do that on my scrapbook pages and cards also. The carry over between the two make both hobbies so much fun. I feel I am missing something in my day if I haven't been able to craft a little.
I scrapbook because I will not live forever and I may not even live through tomorrow. No one else in my family preserves memories like I do through scrapbooking. That's why I do it. I hope someday one of my family members will realize how important it is to know how their life was lived. And I not even going to tell them how much fun I've been having! I'm going to let them find out on their own! SandySec57@aol.com
I was dragged reluctantly into scrapbooking - I was already an avid quilter and had a roomful of projects. Once I went to my first crop, I was hooked! I love the feel of paper, the joy of remembering and the a-ha moments when it all comes together.
I scrapbook because I love my family and I want them to remember... and becauseI am addicted to pattern paper and you have to do something besides collect it!
Post a Comment