Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18: Happy Records in 6 Minutes

Wait. Before you read any further, gather up some supplies: paper or your journal, a pen, and a timer.

Hang on. You’re still reading. No fair reading on until you follow the above instructions.

All right, have you got them? Good. Set your timer for three minutes. When I say go, write a list of as many songs you can think of that make you happy. Maybe it’s the toe-tapping beat, or the memories attached to that tune. Whatever it is that brings a smile to your face, write it down. Ready? Go!

Time’s up, pencils down. Now set the timer again, this time for two minutes. When you start the timer, write as fast as you can a list of books or stories that make you happy. They can be self-improvement books, classics, novels, poetry, or any genre. You’ve only got two minutes this time, so hurry!

Wow, that time went by fast. For the final exercise, it’s going to even go faster, because we’re only giving you one minute to complete the last brainstorming session. Record the color or colors that make you happy. If you have a few extra seconds, make a list of items that are that color. When your 60 seconds are up, give yourself a pat on the back—you’ve made not one but three Happy Records!

Paint a room or wear some earrings in your happy colors. Pull out one of the books on your list and eat some popcorn while you read. Turn the stereo up full-blast and dance in your living room. Be happy!

But before you put on your dancing shoes, leave us a quick comment telling us three things that make you happy—one from each of your Happy Records. You’ll be entered to win a Felicity Collection papercrafting kit in our daily contest. What a bonus!

P.S.—The papercrafter in you is probably itching to create a project from your Happy Records. Go right ahead! You can create a mini album or a layout or a jar full of strips of paper, each printed with something that makes you happy. The sky’s the limit!

181 comments:

Jamie Jay said...

Candyman, My Children's Handwritten Stories and Robin's Egg Blue for the Color :)

Nalazoo said...

This exercise reminded me of the Book of Me journaling book that was taught at Convention years ago...my Happy Records are:
Move It, Move It
The story of our family trip around Jenny Lake in the Grand Tetons
Green!

Anonymous said...

Song - If You're Wondering, Wheezer
Book - Anything by Christopher Moore, who makes me snort out loud
Color - Yellow, my new favorite color (Buttercup, specifically)

sgoodbrand said...

Wow, what a good exercise, to remind us what really makes us happy in life!!

Lynaya said...

Song-I Hope You Dance
Book-The Book of Morman
Color-pink, it always reminds me of spring.

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Song - Red Red Wine
Book - Just having a book in my hands makes me happy!
Color - Yellow

Karen said...

song: Life is a Highway

book: Don't have time to read books--mostly read articles.

color: Blue---all shades of blue.

monicac said...

song-"Brick House"-commodores
book-Anything by Janet Evanovich
Color-Purple

Nicole said...

Song - In your Eyes
Book - Nicholas Sparks - The Choice
Color - blue

Anonymous said...

Song: It's My Life
Book: The Bible
Color: Lots of them-purple today!!

Gina Stockfisch

Corrie said...

song-Here without you by three doors down
book-Guess how much I love you
Color-Teal

Laura C said...

Song: The Rose - Bette Midler
Book: Lots of Favs - I can't pick just one
Color: Red

Anonymous said...

Song-Devil Went Down to Georgia for all the happy memories it brings back..
Book-Anything Nora Roberts is good, but currently what's making me happy is the Financial Peace Planner by Dave Ramsey
Color-Blue and Teal, or Burgandy are my favorite :)

Tammy Wynard said...

Song - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Book - I'll Love You Forever (I'll Like You For Always, As Long As I am Living My Baby You Will Be)
Color - Purple

Barbra Otten said...

Song - Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
Book - Twilight series
Color - Blues and greens

Rachel Carter said...

Well, now I am scrambling in my mind to find all the pictures and remember all the happy times. My grandmother passed away Sunday the 17th. I wish I had more pictures and more memories. I will be creating a book dedicated to her memory.

Amy said...

Song - Amazing Grace
Book - I don't know if it made me happy but I really enjoyed reading The Help
Color - blue

Julie said...

Song- Movin' On
Book- Beach Trip
Color- Brown/Neutrals

Teresa said...

Oh, man. It is so hard to choose just one!!!!

Song - Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) -- or anything by Chris Tomlin
Book - A Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Mooreland, Indiana by Haven Kimmel
Color - Lilac Mist

Kristine said...

Song - Best Years of Our Lives (Baha Men)
Book - the Close To My Heart Idea Book of course!
Colour - Red

Unknown said...

Song: Mais si moi (French)
Book: Anything by Dan Brown and James Patterson
Color: Tulip

scrappernic said...

Song:Anything Beatles--love them and love that my kids now sing the songs I grew up listening to
Book: I'm happy whenever I have a book (or my kindle) in my hands
Color: Sweet Leaf-the color of my scrap room :)

ilovepink said...

Song-Great Things (This is one song that makes me happy, but I have so many others!!)
Book-Bible
Color-All shades of pink

Anonymous said...

What a cool activity especially in light of what is going on in the world around us.
Song:Black Eyed Peas..Today is Going to Be a Good Good Day
Book: Simple Abundance
Color: Purple

Unknown said...

Song: Brown Eyed Girl
Book: Secret Garden
Color:Purple / Twilight

Noreen Smith said...

Song - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star sung to my babes
Book - Whatever I am currently reading - Right now it's "Wolf Hall"
Color - Turquoise - how happy can you get?

featheredheaven said...

Hhmmmm this is kind of a hard one! There are soooo many songs, book & colors!
The ones that popped first inmy head were:
Song- From this moment-I walked down the isle, (my daughter gave me away)to the man I waited a lifetime for!
Book- anything that has romance to it...mushy romance novels!
Color- yellow- reminds me of the sun which warms everything!
Sue

Rachel Carter said...

Song:Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Book: All the Berenstein Bear books since they are fun to read with my daughter.
Color: Red and Pink and Lavender so many beautiful colors out there hard to call one my absolute fave.

Cindy Vernon said...

Song - Any songs sung by my little ones.
Book - 19th century classics
Color - REd

sandy e said...

I love this idea!
song- anything from the Black Eyed Peas they always get you moving!
book- Dear John-Nicholas Sparks
color - green all shades!

Kelli U said...

Song - It's a great day to be alive - Travis Tritt
Book - Happy romantic books, some of the Janet Evanovich ones are great
Color - blue

Michelle H. said...

Song - All My Love (Led Zeppelin)
Book - anything by Nora Roberts
Color - Pansy purple (reminds me of my Grandma)

Denise said...

Song-Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Book-Any by Clark Higgins

Color-Pink. I always like pink happy and springy!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Juliet A said...

Closer to the Heart by Rush, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, and Red like my many red hats!

Anonymous said...

Song: Beatles songs
Book: Tacky the Penguin series
Color: Sunflower

Myra Grodzuik said...

Song: Hole In The World by Eagles
Book: Little House On The Prairies by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Color: Pinks and Purples

AZconservativeMOM said...

Bahp! Budddda duddda duh duh duh duh da! Walkin' On Sunshine! Katrina & the Waves!

Kristin H. said...

Too many choices!
Song today - Shambayla by Three Dog Night
Book - Any mystery or saga
Color - Green

Laura said...

Things that make you happy. Wow.

Song: IT's going to be a good day - Black Eyed Peas
Books: Anything by Jayne Ann Krentz
Colors: Ocean Blue

Laurie R. said...

This was a fun exercise.
Song: You Are My Sunshine
Book: The Bible
Color: Purple

Geri Conley said...

My favorite song in my head right now is "Lay them Down".
My favorite book is "Over in the Meadow".
My favorite color is lilac in whatever shade my lilac bushes bloom.

L. said...

Song - most anything from the 80's to get the blood pumpin'!
book - I love to read the Skippyjon Jones books to my kids
color - I've been enjoying pink lately!
Fun idea! Thanks!

jodi said...

Song: You are my sun shine- I sing it to my boys
Books-sciptures and twilight
color: Lavender

Trishkj said...

My favs are always changing. My favs today are:
Song: Dream Big
Book: Spurgeon's Lectures to His Students
Color: Green - since my entire world is white and will stay that way for several more months. I miss green grass!

Anonymous said...

Song - Twang
Book - any mystery
Color - purple

Unknown said...

Song: Im Yours
Book: Twilight
Color: Aqua
This was a fun activity!!

CarrieB said...

Song: Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the waves
Book: Anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Color: CTMH's sweet leaf (paired with chocolate)

Nina N said...

Here Comes the Sun
Bridget Jones' Diary
any ocean colours

Julie said...

Song: Walking on Sunshine
Book: I Love You
Color: Blue

Nathan J. said...

Heartbraker
German Book
Red

KellyC said...

If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback
Harry Potter series
Blue, blue and more blue

Nicole J. said...

Golden Girls Theme Song (Don't Laugh!...it's great..it's about a party and friends)
Bible
Pink

Rachel said...

song - I Want Candy
book- anything by Bodie Thoene
Color - chocolate and baby pink

Anonymous said...

In the Garden
Anything by Janet Evanovich
Purple of any shade

Brendakaye said...

song All the right moves by One Republic
book Twilight series
Color Lime green xmas ornament paper my purse anything lime green has to make you happy

Kellen's Mom said...

song- Smile - Uncle Kracker
book - any scrapbooking idea magazine
color - red

Roberta Dermody said...

Song: Today Is Gonna Be A Good Good Day by Black Eyed Peas
Book:I am more into magazines (PaperCraft)
Color: I have two favorite, Purple or any hues of (since early childhood and Green. Preferably w/purple.

Dawn said...

Song: Stand By Me by Ben E. King
Book: All by Nora Roberts and Debbie Macomber
Color: Purples (I love Spring Iris and Petal!)

Muma said...

song: I've Got a Feelin'
book: picture albums
colour: green and pink

family, friends and scrapbooking make me happy!

Krista Heres said...

Song: 80's music! Brings back memories and keeps my toes tappin'. I love to scrapbook while listening to my 80's Pandora station.
Book: As a librarian, I've read too many, and have too many more that I want to read, to pick one. However, love Evanovich's Plum series for something that is LOL funny! :-)
Color: green...dress in it, paint my walls, etc.

Unknown said...

Song: What a Wonderful World

Book: Pet's Speak (the one I'm reading now and so enlightening too...our pets really do try to communicate with us!!)

Color: Clover Meadow/Sweet Leaf

Elaine said...

Song - Anything my 4-year-old sings - "Jesus Loves Me" is her favorite right now.

Book - Click, Clack, Moo, Cows that Type

Color - Pink

Sheri M. from MN said...

Song - The Reflex by Duran Duran
Book - Heat Wave by Richard Castle (yes, from the TV show)
Color - Blue always makes me happy.

What a great little exercise. I cannot wait to incorporate my answers into some pages. Thanks!

Heidi said...

This is a great exercise! So many favorites right now! Songs I like are Contempory Christian and hymns.
Books I read over and over; The Clan of the Cave Bear series. Love it!
Color I love right now is Tulip!

Cary B said...

Song - Bon Jovi - any of their songs (Keep the Faith would seem appropriate here ...)
Book - Have a Little Faith - Mitch Albom
Color - RED! it's just gotta be red.

Lori Miller said...

Love this exercise! And yes -- the ideas for a mini book are already percolating! :)

Song - Song of the South by Alabama
Book - The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
Color - Red

qsogirl said...

"that's how you know" from Enchanted; "Jane of Lantern Hill" by L. M. Montgomery, and the color orange!

Thanks for another chance to win :)

Guiselle said...

song- unlimited (wicked)
book- twilight
color - blue

Penne said...

Song Star Spangled Banner
Book Gingerbread Girl
Color Green

Anonymous said...

Hummm, lets see. My favorite music is anything by Alan Jackson. His voice is just music to my ears. My Fave book is the classic Jayne Ayre. And last, the colour that makes me happiest is yellow. So sunny and inviting!

Karen said...

Song - anything by Keith Urban
Books - anything that I can read without interruption
Colour - pink/brown combo.. very warm and comforting to me:)

MrsSuzyQ said...

Songs:

Romantic: Karate Kids "I'll be the hero you've been dreaming of"
Hymn: "I need thee every hour"
Fun: Abbas "Mamma Mia"

Books:
Romantic: "The last time I was me"
Religous: "Standing for something"
Business: "The 7 habits"
Intellectual: " The guernsey literary and potato peel pie society"
Childrens: "but not the hippopatamus"

Colour: Lavender to admire, Red for fun, Pink to enjoy, green to refresh and blue to wear.

Kelly Schelske said...

Hmm, this isn't so hard, but I can't even narrow anything down:
Song, love so many fun tunes, country of course but just fun toe tappin songs
Book: well anything I can read...when I get the chance, Nora Roberts is my fav author
Color: my favorite color is blue, any form of blue, even teal, aqua, etc!

What a fun exercise!

Amy Ulen said...

The Biggest Loser theme song, "Proud", makes me happy and motivates me at the same time! The Harry Potter novels make me happy; I can read them over and over again. Twilight and Sweet Leaf make me so happy that I can't choose one!

Amy Moore said...

My Faves~

Song~ You & Me {Dave Matthews Band}
Book~ Twilight Series
Color~ Garden Green

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Song--It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Book--Scrapbook my older daughter made my younger daughter last year
Color--anything pink!

Unknown said...

This is cool.

song - girls just wanna have fun
Book - If you give a mouse a cookie! (my kids loved that)
Color - turquoise

Hanna Ahn said...

Any song sung in my car alone, as loud as possible, Mercy by Jodi Piccoult, Pink because it reminds me of my daughter.

Helen Van Daalen said...

Here are my happy records: Song - Dancing Queen by ABBA
Book - Baby Happy, Baby Sad
Colour - Pink

triciagall said...

Song - Love of a Lifetime
Book - ??? I need to read more!
Color - blue, all shades

Maureen said...

song: the one from Ghost, I think Unchained Melody
Books: Gone with the Wind
Color: Red

Janette said...

Song - On Top of the World
Book- Goodnight Moon
Color- PINK

Felicia C. said...

Song- Do You Love Me by The Contours (Dirty Dancing Soundtrack)

Book: Pride and Predjudice (anything Jane Austen)
Color: green

Tami said...

Song: A Baby Changes Every Thing, by Faith Hill
Book: Letters to my Daughter, by Maya Angelou
Color: Chocolate
This was so much fun!

Lori L said...

Song - Too Much Time On My Hands by Styx

Book - will always be Calvin & Hobbes, that kid makes me laugh

Color - green and maybe some purple mixed in too!

Smiles all around.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound like a "humbug", but I don't like to choose favorites. There are too many wonderful songs and books out there to choose from. I do lean toward deep rich colors and earth tones in this season of my life, but those can change with the mood of the day. Isn't it grand that we have such variety in life!

Janet's Joy said...

Music-anything by Abba
Books-anything by Janet Evanovich
colour-green
Cool exercise!

Susan Rolfes said...

Song: Call My Name (anything Third Day)
Book: The Bible
Color: Bard Red...warm and passionate!

Kate M said...

I'm so glad I came to this site, especially with this topic!
Song: Walking on Sunshine
Book: Bible
Color: the rainbow and every shade of it!
Thank you

Korine said...

I love anything by Nicholas Sparks.... "I Loved Her First" and navy blue/burgandy......

I'm reading "The Lucky One" - the first song at my daughters wedding was "I loved her first" and my kitchen is Dark blue on the bottom third, white on the top and a vine and heart chair rail strip to bring the two together. It's my favorite room.

Randy said...

Song: I'll be right here waiting for you
Book: CTMH idea books
color: Tulip!

Jody said...

My favorite song is the theme song from Top Gun, "Take My Breathe Away". Have the movie, turn it on just to hear that song sometimes. Favorite Book - The Bridges of Madison County, love Meryl Streep, Clint Eastwood's not to shabby either. The book was really good but the movie was excellent. And my favorite color is purple. My whole bedroom is all shades of purple. It is such a soothing, comforting color to me,I just the color purple.

Unknown said...

My song is Cinderlla By Stephen Curtis Chapman, book is the "the last lecture" I just think its awesome how unselfish he was and color would be Sky Blue, it reminds me a beautiful day

Jennifer said...

Songs- I love the way you love me and Old time Rock n Roll
Color - Purple!!

Shauna said...

Song: Ice Ice Baby
Book: Harry Potter
Color: Yellow

Unknown said...

Song- its my life
Book- anything romantic
color- sky blue

Jessica said...

Song: Swing Life Away
Book: the Twilight Series
Color: Purple

Anonymous said...

Song -- Free by Lighthouse Family
Book -- anything by Sandra Boynton (children's author)
Colour -- Emerald Green

Gotta go scrap! :) Michelle LB

Lacey said...

Song: I am a child of god. (it's a church song)
book: prob twilight
color: purple :)

Nicole *Ü* said...

Song: "Hey Soul Sister" by Train (current fave)
Book: "Gone With The Wind" by Margaret Mitchell (overall fave)
Color: Turquoise (current fave)

Julie Wasson said...

song - Who am I? Casting Crowns
book - Bible
color - blues

Amie said...

SONG - SUGARLAND "ALL I WANNA DO"
BOOK - LOVELY BONES
COLOR - TEAL

Margy said...

"Let the Sunshine In"
The Drifters
nearly every shade of green

sue said...

Song-You belong with Me
Book-Pride and Prejudice
Color-Juniper

Amy R said...

What an awesome way to scrapbook parts of ME!!!
Thank you for this reminder, and such a wonderful brainstorming idea! Too many times, we as scrapbookers and moms forget to record the things that make us US!! Take the time!!
amy

KimberleyG said...

song - puppy chow jingle
book - Harry Potter series
colour - happy is yellow, but fav's are greens

Scrappin' this and that said...

it's rgood to have a list pr reminders of things that make us happy!

Debbie Taylor said...

Song: Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, takes me back to age ten and silliness (always makes me smile and happy when I recall the antics of me and my sisters as we "danced" to this song)
Book: (for life) The Bible (for entertainment) The Notebook
Color: Spring Green

Cheryl said...

Song: American Girl
Book: Twilight (yes, I'm one of THOSE people!)
Color: Bright Blue

:) Cheryl S.

Cathy said...

A happy record is any day when I can work on a page or layout with my favorite music playing. Even better when I can scrap with my sister, like last Saturday. So great!
Cathy

Sherry Hawa said...

Song: Brown Eyed Girl
Book: Any in the Mitford series by Jan Karron
Color: Blue

Unknown said...

Song-Celebrate or Escape (the Pina Colada Song) There are stories that go along with each song.lol
Book-Nora Roberts is my favorite author
Color-Red
Whenever I am crafting by myself, I put the music on. Not ususally those songs, but more relaxing music.

shena84 said...

Song: She Country. I love Jason Aldean!!!!
Book: Sleeping Beauty. I also know its a movie, but my husband calls his beautful everyday.
Color: Purple. I love all colors of purple.
This is a great way to get your creative juices going thanks.

Sheila Bennett said...

song - Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful Or Are You Beautiful Because I Love You from Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella

book - Stephanie Plum series of books by Janet Evanovich

color - yellow

Georgia Nettleton said...

Song: I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
Book: Twilight, the first one.
Color: Pale Pink

Anonymous said...

Favorite song, ummm not sure as it can vary with my moods. Same for the book. I love to read and have lots of favorites - but you have to be in the right mood! Color - well, my favorite is honestly an evergreen color but my happy color is red - a bright clear red! I just thought about my favorite happy/sad childhood book - the Saggy Baggy Elephant - I love when he romps but I still get upset at the end. Boy, do I try to complicate things or what?

Chris R. from Iowa

Stephanie said...

I would say that a song is You Had Me From Hello...it's my husband and I song. Also, the books I am into right now are twilight or anything vampire related...Then, my colors are purple, orange, peach, green. Just some bright colors right now. Thanks for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

song: What a Wonderful World
book: Anything by Nicholas Sparks
color(s):outdoor denim, ponderosa pine, garnet
Laurie W. TX

Unknown said...

song I'm henry the eighth
book Amelia Bedelia Plays Ball
color cranberry and ponderosa green

Denise G said...

Song-- How Great is Our God
Book--Light in My Window
Color-- pink and brown

MitaMaid said...

Song: Children are our Future,
Book: Giving Tree
Color: Crystal Blue and Dutch Blue

Lauren said...

Song: Come Back To Me by David Cook
Book: Anything by Nora Roberts
Color: Sunny Yellow or Dutch Blue

Me Again said...

Song - stuff from the singer/songwriters of the '70s.
Book - The Bridge of San Luis Rey
Color - Teal. I think I have a special gene for this color.

Anonymous said...

Song: "Let Me Be There"
Book: The One Minute Manager
Color: Tulip
-SandySec57@aol.com

Unknown said...

Viva la Vida by Coldplay
Novels by Evelyn Waugh
tulip

Haley D., the Inky Scrapper said...

*Dancing Queen by Abba (or my husband serenading me with "Stamping Queen!" LOL)
*Any of Janet Evanovich's novels make me LOL
*Turquoise

Thanks for a great challenge! I love reading everyone's responses too.

Terrie Mathison said...

Amazing Grace
Shopaholic Series
Deep Umber Red

Wenonah said...

wow, so easy, yet so HARD!!
song... teach me to walk in the light
book hmm RIGHT NOW it's Fablehaven
color - bright cheery orange (but no, not on my clothes or walls!!)

LyaL said...

Song: Heart of worship
Book: Blue waters of the ocean(translated ed.)
Color: Lilac mist and Spring iris

Jessica said...

Song: Amazing Grace
Book: Bible
Color:Pink

Lorrinda said...

Song: I Got A Feeling (Black Eyed Peas)
Book: Breaking Dawn (Stephanie Meyer)
Color: Teal Blue
Great exercise, now I'm happy!

Unknown said...

Song: You are My Sunshine
Book: Confessions of a Shopaholic
Color: Yellow

Anonymous said...

Song: Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue
My late father used to take us down to see the Christmas window displays at Hudsons on Woodward in Detroit when I was a child. This song talks about that and brings back happy memories.
Book: Mama Do You Love Me?
A favorite childrens book that I loved reading to my children about an Eskimo mother and how she explains to her children how much she loves them.
Color: Green- a sign of growth and spring and of course what you see from the plane window as you descend to Ireland!

Stephanie said...

Happy Song Clocks by Cold Play (a lot of their music is happy!)
Happy Book Ekhart One Fish Two Fish by Dr Seuss
Happy Colour light green (its all over my house)

Michelle said...

Song- My Wish by Rascal Flatts
Book- don't read alot.....mostly magazines and the Bible
Color- any shade of pink

sandyh50 said...

Song: Amazing Grace
Book: any Christian fiction (I read all the time so it is hard to choose 1)
Color: magenta

Unknown said...

song: Don't you know you're beautiful (Kellie Pickler)
Book: twilight series
color: green
-Shannon in Columbia, MO

Gretel said...

The entire sountrack of "A Knight's Tale"
The entire CTMH series
Metallic midnight blue cars

marlenenAlaska said...

Can't try any of the ideas right cuz I am away from home.

Debbie Tuggle said...

Music: Fingerprint of God by Steven Curtis Chapman
Book: Epic by John Eldredge
Color: Red and black

LARAINE said...

Song: You are My Sunshine (from my childhood - only knew the chorus!)
Book: Just Give Me Jesus by Anne Graham Lotz
Color: Yellow (I like yellow & red papers together....love yellow, red & purple flowers together)

Sonya said...

Song: anything on the infamous album by Milli Vanilli (doing that crazy dance just makes me laugh out loud - come on you 80s girls! (you know the one...)
Book: "The Shack"
Color: Orange because it is bright and reminds me of the sun (which is scarce this time of year in Alaska!)

Cheri Hill said...

Song: "You are my sunshine"
Book: "Love You Forever"
Color: Blue

Unknown said...

can't think of any right now- but I still want to be entered in the drawing

Debbie said...

Song: I Will Rise- Chris Tomlin
Book: The Bible
Color: Green

Abbey said...

song: you are my sunshine - from my childhood
book: my daughter's first year scrapbook!
color: purple

Unknown said...

Song - so many to choose from, how about "Brown Eyed Girl"

Book - Twilight Series (loved them all) and
The Very Hungary Caterpillar - loved reading this to my daughter when she was a toddler -she pointed to all of things the caterpillar ate!

Color - pink is my fav color- which is why I painted my scrapbook room pink and the color I picked for my room when I was a little girl!

Jenny Hockett said...

Song- Lucky by Jason Mraz
Book- Cherish (I use it constantly)
Color- I LOVE purple!

Unknown said...

Song - Lucky by Jason Mraz
Book - The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Color - Blush

Anonymous said...

Song Waltz Across Texas With You
Book Chicken Soup For the Soul
Color Blue

Thanks CTMH Karen in IL

Michele said...

Song - Stairway to Heaven
Book - any James Patterson book
Color - purple

Rosalynd Kelly said...

Song: Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
Book: Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
Color: teal

Teri Baxter said...

Fun creative exercise!
"Pocket Full of Sunshine"
Gone with the Wind
Cranberry

Unknown said...

music- Siyahamba (a zulu song)
book - Janet Evanovich's books
color: peach!

Patti B. said...

Song-The Christmas Song
Book-Twilight (Even tho I've read it twice)
Color- Sunflower Yellow

Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post... was feeling a little down when I started this excerise, but who wouldn't feel happy when you are finished :). Thanks!!!

Song - Hotel California (Eagles)
Book - Woman of Substance
Color - Red, Red...

Vickie A.

Unknown said...

It's my son's birthday today & I'm ready to scrap it!!!

Anonymous said...

Victoria B.--MT

Song-Keeper of the Stars-by Tracy Bird-our wedding song
Book Serise--Centennial--love western history
Color--Green-the perfect background for all bright colors

fl7holt said...

Colour My World by Chicago
Agatha Christie mysteries (I have all 85)
Color: Blue, red and yellow

Cheryl P said...

Fav song today is "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns -- I don't have a favorite book now but when I was a kid it was CHI WEE--- Color is red -- I love to wear red- it makes me feel happy and powerful!!

Jenn said...

My Sharona by The Knack, books about organizing, and purple!

Anonymous said...

Song - 'Just the Two of Us' by Grover Washington
Book - The Bible, NIV or other versions
Color - Purple or Blue

Audrey horsebasket1@yahoo.com

Lora said...

Song- Amazing Love
Book - The Bible
Color - Red, and bright colors

Dakotacrafts said...

Song="Looks Like We Made It" by Shania Twain (because it always reminds me of me and my husband of 20 years)
Book=The Holy Bible
Color=Indigo Blue

Fun fun!

Rebecca's Card Hobby said...

Song: Butterfly Kisses
Book: I don't have a favorite
Color: Any shade of blue
Rebecca:)

JoanneR said...

Walking on Sunshine
Janet Evanovich (Laugh out loud funny)
Orange

Unknown said...

Song: Never Say Goodbye - Bon Jovi
Book: Any of the Dune novels
Color: Red - Strawberries!

Shirley said...

Song: Pocketful of Sunshine-Natasha Bedingfield
Book: anything by Nicholas Sparks
Color: Pink!

Brittany said...

Song: "It's A Beautiful Day" by U2
Book: "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"
Color: Violet

Unknown said...

Song those from Mama Mia
Book I like a lot of different ones but right now reading those from Laura Childs
Color Hollyhock

Tara said...

Song - I love the way you love me
Book - Church Novels
Color - Pink and Brown (couldn't pick just one)

Anonymous said...

song = Hope of the Nations
book = Twenty Wishes
color = steel blue (like Twilight)

Nanceeq, CO

Celeste Hull said...

Song: Love and Marriage(My little granddaughter
learned and memorized this song when she was four
years old).

Book: Gone With the Wind

Color: Blues and Pinks

Anonymous said...

Song: "Just the Two of Us" by Grover Washington
book: The Bible, NIV or any other versions
Color: Purple and Blue - any and all shades!

Audrey K. horsebasket1@yahoo.com

Sophie Oh said...

Songs - this one was tough! there are so many songs that make me happy and feel good. top may have ot be 'happy together' by the turtles
books - i don't read much but when i need a real pick me up i go through old diaries i wrote when i was a kid and so care fre.
colour - purples and blues for sure! i always had a blue or purple coloured room when i was growin gup until i was 20!. i have a blue and purple comforter that i sleep with each night and alot of my clothes are blue too!

Jayma Malme said...

Song: I'm So Excited - Pointer Sisters
Book: Harry Potter series
Color: Depends on the mood. Right now tangerine orange makes me happy.

Nicole Steele said...

A song that makes me happy: "Just Dance" by Lady Ga-Ga
A book that mkes me happy: "The Little Princess" by Frances Hodgsen Burnett
A color that makes me happy: orange

Patty Williams said...

Fun stuff ! Will do it , soon as I get the kids to school !

Tara said...

Song - anything by the Dixie chicks
Book - If you Give a Cat a Cupcake
Color - Yellow - reminds me of the sun and summer!

WhyamIdoingthis said...

Song-Go Fish Guys music and Tim McGraw songs
Book-The Bible, Count of Monte Cristo, Twilight saga, Pride and Prejudice, The Kissing Hand and SOmething out of Nothing
Color-blue (because I love the way my two year old says it)

smahrty said...

Fun game! Song--i'm yours, color YELLOW!!! the color I painted my kitchen--yellow makes me happy.

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.