Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30: What Makes You Happy?


How about laughter? The occasional giggle, silliness for no reason, or late-night crack-ups all boost our spirits and remind us of how good life can be. We all have had a free five minutes where we looked up a silly website and found ourselves laughing out loud! A good compilation of giggle-inducing websites can be found here. Check it out, then send it on to a friend. Share the giggles.

What makes you giggly, silly, or happy? What websites or blogs boost your happiness? Give us a comment and you’ll be entered to win some happiness of your own, the Felicity Collection.

109 comments:

Unknown said...

Scrapbooking makes me happy because we capture very special moments. We bring them to life with colors and creativity. Going back through all my albums, it makes me giggle, remember the silly times, and brings out the happiness we shared. Also making layouts are fun to do with friends and family.

Julie said...

My kids getting along and loving each other makes me happy.

sgoodbrand said...

Mu daughter makes me giggle! She thinks she is really funny these days and says "Tennessee so funny!" She is 2 1/2 and getting really silly and we love it!

Michelle H. said...

Hearing my kids laugh always makes me smile!

Mary, PA said...

My kids will find the silliest, most ridiculous thing to laugh about, and just completely dissolve into giggles. It reminds me not to take everything so seriously!

Julie said...

My husband always knows how to make me giggle. He's so funny especially when he isn't trying.

scrappernic said...

My kids make me happy. Their silliness and laughter are irresistable. Scrapbooking definitely makes me happy, as well as giving handmade cards from the heart.

Simonetta Bois (Simmie) said...

My dogs make me giggle. I love to watch them play. Their expressions are hillarious! I almost have as many scrapbook pages about them as I do the rest of the family.

Anonymous said...

Cooking up something with my hubby makes me silly, funny and happy! The moments after are wonderful too because we relax and watch a little TV. We relax each evening together! These memories will last a life time! I should take a few pictures of such a common occurance! SandySec57@aol.com

Darcy Keener said...

My husband always makes me laugh! When I am mad at him he always does something funny and makes me laugh even when I don't want to! I can never be in a bad mood when he is around. I am truly blessed to have such a loving and funny husband.

AZconservativeMOM said...

My husband just recently took on the project of saving all of our home videos to the computer. The children are mesmerized by the footage of themselves as toddlers, babies, and mom pregnant! My husband and I have been reminded of the journey we've been on together the past ten years while raising them. And, I am reminded of great pages I still have waiting to scrap! Plenty of laughter and some tears, too, as I realize those days have passed. Thank heavens for scrapbooks to keep these memories forever!

Sheila H said...

Besides scrapping, dancing is what makes me happy. I just love dancing! I smile, laugh and think happy thoughts when I'm moving to music!

sandyh50 said...

What really makes me happy and makes me laugh out loud are the gals in my scrapbooking club. Oh what fun we have!!!

Jamie Jay said...

My family makes me happy. That's for certain! You might laugh or maybe make fun of me if you click on my name shown above. Who knows? Give it a try :)

Jena said...

My kids make me happy - their laughs are contagious!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours!! Can't wait for Tuesday nite...scrapping

Anonymous said...

My dogs make me smile and sometimes giggle! Our oldest is an 140 lb lab mix and our new small basset hound can walk under him and totally rules the roost. So many comical situations with the two. My favorite movie that makes me laugh is Christmas Vacation. Then, my card making group makes me laugh and one member says I have a Betty Ruble laugh/giggle which makes me laugh all the more. It is good therapy for sure!!!

Chris R. from Iowa

Karen said...

I like watching old sitcoms and some recent ones that aren't on regular TV anymore, King of Queens, Everyone Loves Raymond. They never fail to make me laugh, no matter how many times I've seen an episode.

Me Again said...

My husband cracks me up sometimes. He has a wry, dry British sense of humor and will make an offhand comment that just makes me laugh. And then there are the dogs, especially our absolutely-not-vicious pit bull. He's a born comedian, and seems intent on working both our "aw cute" meters and our funny bones each and every day. I can also attest to the fact that he is my therapist - he got me through the rough times when my mom was dying with his antics and his love. Oh, am I talking about my husband or my pit bull? Yes.

Lauren said...

I love to laugh... my husband is usually the one that makes me laugh, but lately my son, who is 11, is starting to become quite the clown himself. He's developing quite a keen sense of humor, and it's so fun to watch!

jessicaF said...

hearing my kids cracking up makes me happy. they are getting old enough now to understand the humorous dialogue in the kids movies they watch and during family movie nights we all have sore stomachs from their laughing.

Anonymous said...

Lots of things make me laugh and giggle, but you can always be assured that when I get together with my girlfriends, we will be giggling.

Gina Stockfisch

aggie said...

Look like a lot of people have said kid, and I'd have to concur! Just I was relaying a few stories about my nephews that truly make me smile....just thinking about them puts a smile in my heart!

Kathleen said...

My children, grandchildren and doggies keep me laughing all the time. I love how even at 7 weeks my littlest grandchild manifests his manly personality! His mom just sent me a picture of this little guy sleeping with his dad, but the funniest part is that this big weightlighter guy sleeps with one arm over his head, head turned, mouth open and his little 7-week-old "mini-me" son is laying right next to him in exactly the same position. What a hoot!

Kellen's Mom said...

Watching my son and his cousin interact, who are only a couple of months apart in age keep me laughing! Little boys with big imaginations.

Parchey Family said...

My youngest son makes me giggle when he dances to music and has his father join in. Angie

Crafty Stamper said...

By far my fiance make me laugh so hard, it's not even funny. He has the best sense of humor. Here is my morning routine (everyday) Get up, get ready, drive to work and review all of my scrapbooking blogs (Jeanette included), this gets me ready for the day. I find that the scrapbooking blogs are always filled with happiness, laughter and inspiration.

Rachel said...

Giggling with my sisters and my mom - that's what make me happy! We get laughing so hard over the silliest stories that most of us are in tears before long. Mostly we laugh at the funny stories and happenings in our own lives. We don't have to look far and wide for funny silliness... we have plenty to laugh about in our own family!

Rachel

Teresita Arvelo said...

I just have to share this with you all. As I am testing our Studio J I did a layout of a very spreciall ocassion some time ago. It was on New Years Eve of 2003. My son was 7 years old. We decided to spend the day / evening at a hotel near the beach. It was espectacular & memorable. Not only for the environment, but also because my son was so Happy that for the first time in his life he asked me to dance with him. Fortunatelly all this was capture in photographs. And as I was working on the layout using Studio J I was laughing so much remembering him dancing with me , and remembering all his comments. I'm working on the journaling because I want my son to laugh as much as I did when years from now he looks at this layout.For me this is what scrapbooking is all about, to preserve our lifes , write our own history and be able to laugh. !

Terrie Mathison said...

The belly laughter of my children. It is precious, real and uncontrollable!!

Karen said...

always, always my 3 year old dd.. she has a fabulous sense of humour that showed itself at 6 mths old when she's belly laugh at her brothers 'falling down'

and what makes me smile - with out fail.. Keith Urban :):):)

Barbra Otten said...

My family and I like to watch you tube videos. There are so many funny ones out there.

Michele said...

Hearing my son play and laugh always makes me smile!!

Korine said...

Sitting around the kitchen table talking with my family and playing games makes me happy

A favorite website beside CTMH and Jeanette? :) would have to be bakerella.com. The woman is insane when it comes to baking and often what she does makes me smile. When I try her stuff and it works - it makes me happy!

KimberleyG said...

Periodically, my dog Bandit decides to give me a thorough face wash. She gets so frantic about it she makes me giggle myself silly, which winds her up even more. These kiss fests last anywhere from five to fifteen minutes, so that's a lot of laughter.

Jennifer said...

My daughter makes me happy... especially her laughter. Scrapbooking makes me happy too!!

L. said...

Seeing my baby's eyes and face light up when he sees his momma just melts my heart. If I'm ever in a bad mood, he can always make me smile! I just love babies for that reason.

Cheryl said...

My 3 year old son makes both my husband and I laugh the most. It is so fun to see the world from their perspective.

Outside of family I must say my favourite comedy show is Big Bang Theory - it gets me inner geek giggling each and every time!

Gretel said...

Lately we've been indulging in a daily dose of AFV on TV.

Unknown said...

See if this strikes your funnybone!

John was on the side of the road hitchhiking on a very dark night in the midst of a storm. No cars were traveling that night. The storm was so strong he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly, he saw a car slowly coming towards him and stop. John, desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, got into the car and closed the door... only to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn't on!! The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road ahead and saw a curve approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his life. Then, just before the car hit the curve, a hand appeared through the window and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched as the hand repeatedly came through the window, but never touched or harmed him. Shortly thereafter John saw the lights of a pub appear down the road. So, gathering strength, he jumped out of the car and ran to the pub. Wet and out of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the horrible experience he had just had. A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying and... wasn't drunk.
Suddenly the door opened and two other people walked in from the stormy night. They, like John, were also soaked and out of breath. Looking around, and seeing John sobbing at the bar, one said to the other: 'Look Joe... there's that idiot that got in the car while we were pushin' it.'

Unknown said...

My husband makes me laugh a lot. We have been married for 39 years and he can always make me laugh, or just put a smile on my face. Talking with my very close friends, that know me the best, is always a joy and we have quiet a few laughs.

LucieShines333 said...

We just got a 3 month-old Newfoundland puppy named Mocha, who is a bundle of joy. She is bigger than my Beagle already at just 3 months and is like a baby bear! She makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face.

Teresa said...

The sight of a baby doing a hearty belly laugh is so contagious. There is nothing like a carefree, happy baby to make me laugh.

jane said...

What makes me happy? The sun shinning, the plant in the window blooming, my cat sleeping on my lap, someone calling just to say hello, snow geese circling overhead, our gerbil running as fast as he can on his wheel and not going anywhere, a project I've worked on coming out perfect,...

Unknown said...

Being with my family makes me happy. My husband can always put me in a good mood and make me laugh.

Erin said...

My sister and my middle daughter can make me laugh so hard I can hardly breath! It's something about the way they get excited and laugh while telling a story that gets me started giggling then laughing then gasping for air. A long deep belly laugh with them makes me happy!

Nina N said...

Giveaways on scrapping blogs make me very happy! (especially when I win ;)

Patti B. said...

Late-night giggles that turn into stomach-clenching laughter is my favorite!
For favorite websites to get a smile, CTMH & Jeanette's blog are two of my top faves. I also like to see a daily comic on my internet homepage; right now it's Calvin & Hobbes.

Karen said...

I love when all of my 6 children get together and they are all getting along!

Mitsy#9 said...

taking photos and sharing them makes me happy!

Kelli said...

My family make me happy, just being home, being with them, watching them play! That makes me happy

Semi Granola Mom said...

Giggly? Def mommie's night, the time when I am finally able to laugh about the dozen eggs I had to clean up off my kitchen floor that little man felt the need to crack, with ladies who understand how funny it wasn't at the time :)
~C

Amy Ulen said...

My cat snuggling up next to me makes me happy!

Unknown said...

My 5 kids make me happy :) The 3 yr old in particular, keeps me in stitches. The observations which come out of her mouth are hilarious. Last week she ran up to me all in a panic, "Mom, mom....we don't have a duck!!!" I asked why she thought we needed a duck and she replied, "Because it's not Friday yet."

Denise said...

My 18 year old son still telling me he loves me in front of all his 'cool' friends makes me happy. I have always taught him that you're never too old to kiss your mother goodbye. My dd makes me laugh..she's so full of life.

Janette said...

Being with my sisters makes me super giggly. And when my sisters are together to scrapbook, you will hear nothing but giggling and full out laughter!

Haley D., the Inky Scrapper said...

My family, especially my daughters and my nephews, keep me in stitches. A blog that makes me laugh is "Mad Boastings of a Cheapskate Mom."

LARAINE said...

When my daughter, Tracy, and I get together, we ofttimes get silly. My grandkids' giggles are so fun. I love to laugh & hear others laugh...I sometimes laugh so hard that the back of my head hurts!

candylander said...

I signed up to be a CTMH Consultant and was unable to go straight to the top, due to my signing up before the holidays and the funeral of my father-in-law. My father-in-law, Les,enjoyed seeing my projects, and wanted me to create and be a part of the CTMH family. It was sad when I couldn't reach my goals then, but it makes me happy now that I have the freedom to meet people and enjoy gatherings and all the top notch products CTMH has to offer. When I create something, I smile and think about how happy I was I got to care for him and use all the "new products"! I giggle when I make something he would approve of even though he has been gone a year now. Candy Lander

Trishkj said...

Listening to my sons play; hearing one of my daughters laugh; getting a text from one of my older kids; a random phone call from one of my sisters; when my hubby takes me out as a surprise......so many things bring a smile and a giggle to me!

Tara said...

Hearing some of the things that my girls say - they are priceless!! I have a book that I have made with CTMH products to document all their funny sayings!!!

JeffMom said...

Listening to my 3 yy boy's giggles makes me happy and my husband's laugh is even better!
Love them!

Lynaya said...

My husband always makes me laugh. My children tend to come up with funny things to say all the time as well.

QSOgirl said...

I have so much fun with my husband. Just last night we were laughing about a guy (who clearly thought he was very cool) in a shoestore who described the fleece lining in some slippers as "sheep fur"... We laughed over that for the rest of the evening...

Teresa Jaye said...

I don't know why, but snow makes me giddy!

Laughing out loud usually happens when I pull a "dumb blonde" moment - my family gets a bang out of those and when I finally catch on, I do too!

Non-stop smiling happens when my precious grand-daughter is in my arms!

I know I'd be super happy if I won Felicity!!!

Jody said...

Something that made me giggle today: I have been packing up my house for the big move in about a month and came across my first scrapbook. I giggled when I first saw it, it is so old (about 35 years old) post bound, white (now yellowed) pages and the tape had turned yellow and was barely holding anything on. Some of the pictures and memorbilia made me laugh out loud. It may be old and weathered but I'm so glad I saved it all these years because it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.

Jessica said...

My kids and my husband make me laugh!

Nicole said...

I love watching my dogs do silly things or even better when they curl up together and are pretty much laying on top of one another. I am so glad that they get along so well. (disclaimer: I am not married and have no children, so my dogs are my babies at this point!)

MrsSuzyQ said...

Check out Anita Renfroes Website. I'm so excited that she is part of the entertainment for the Washington CTMH convention this summer! She reminds me of the late great Erma Bombeck! Classic female humor.
http://www.anitarenfroe.com/video_clips.htm

Michelle Bryden said...

What makes me happy? Watching my older son take care of my younger son ... seeing my two boys curled up on their father's lap ... seeing the light in a student's eye when they have that "a-HA" moment ... acting out different personalities on stage ... What makes me laugh and giggle? LIFE ... being silly and playing around with my boys!

monicac said...

Sometimes I start giggling at inopportune times, and the trying not to giggle, makes me giggle even more.

Jeni Perkins said...

My children make me laugh, especially when the two of them are laughing together! Such happy moments!

Linda Shewchuk said...

My kids giggling and getting along and then coming and attacking me makes me laugh!!! Remembering silly things they said and did in the past are funny, working on pages about them with the memories is what makes me laugh and gives me inspiration!

Geri Conley said...

My daughter is the silliest person ever. She would laugh when things were good and laugh when things aren't so good. She has the ability to laugh at herself and not take things too seriously. I laugh at the funny things she says.

Shena said...

My husband know how to put a smile on my face on matter what is happening. I also laugh when I here anyone else laugh it so funny how we all have our own ways we laugh.

Twylla Gibbens said...

My kids saying funny things!

Twylla Gibbens

Joan S said...

Having a girls night out or scrapbooking with friends is something I look forward to and it brings me JOY! I have so much fun hanging with the girls...laughing and crying. Sharing ideas and stories and just being ourselves is something I am grateful to have!

GT said...

I love watching my girls put on a play for me. They always have a way of bringing out a smile.

kim said...

Last week I told my 3 year old I loved him more than the highest mountain and the deepest ocean. He smiled and said "I love you more than the biggest fence". Things like that make me laugh.

LivingLife said...

I have been blessed with a husband that I fall in love with over and over again, two wonderful children that bring me more joy than I could have ever imagined - for all of that I am very Happy! :-)

Joey Moser Thomas said...

I love hearing funny stories with my mom and godmother about their childhood. We usually laugh so hard it hurts! I really like looking at all papercraft blogs. It amazes me how many people out there love this hobby! Joey Moser

Laney's Legacy's said...

my grandchildren make me the happiest. There is nothing like their smiles and laughter.

Cheryl said...

My 8- and 10-year-old daughters make me silly & giggly... they bring out the kid in me! :)

Anonymous said...

My husband and children can make me giddy with joy,and put me in stitches over the silliest of things. I love it when we travel because after a few days together we always end up laughing hysterically over something that isn't all that funny and then we end up laughing about how silly we were later on.
Trisha Bossio

Holly Gould said...

Card making makes me so happy! I love making that special card for that special person. Each card I make has something that reflects on that person. It is the most rewarding thing!

Anonymous said...

My kids, husband & grand kids make me laugh all the time. My granddaughter has a great sense of humour for a 6 year old so she is a joy to be around. My scrapbook friends also
make me laugh as each have great stories about their daily
lives. Without laughter, life would be tough as there is so much stress in our lives.
cbgirl

Corrie said...

My family makes me happy but the sound of a child's laughter is the best sound in the world. My 3 yr old makes me laugh all the time even when she doesn't intend to.

Doramiyi said...

My hubby is the best at being his silly self and we always have a good laugh. He truly is my best friend. I wouldn't have it any other way.

doramiyi

Anonymous said...

Saving for our trip to Disneyland makes me feel like a kid again. We are planning on taking our two grandchildren with us and just talkong about the trip brings smiles and giggles and happy hugs. Vicki

marlenenAlaska said...

My husband and I are planning our 'retirement' home. It makes us happy to think about everything in the past and what we what to do in the future.

Shauna said...

My 3 year old daughter makes me laugh everyday!!

Linda said...

One of my friends can take an ordinary story - would be boring if I told it but the way she tells it has everyone in gut splitting laughter!

Joanne said...

My friends little boy - just turned 2 - is such a cutey and loves cupcakes (he calls them 'happy cakes'.)

Anonymous said...

Inside jokes that go way back, watching my cats get curious about something (that always seems to end in a chuckle), and subtle, humorous comments that take me a minute to finally get.

Anonymous said...

my silly dogs. i just love them and they make me smile everyday.

lisa d

Cheryl P said...

looking through my scrapbooks of photos makes me happy two ways: first I enjoy reliving the memories through the photos and second I enjoy the layouts and the papers again! As`far as computers go I keep a file of funny things people have sent me and go back through them and play some of my favorites--- many of them still make me laugh out loud!

foreverinky said...

I love to read a good book that makes me laugh!

jostamps said...

it's hilarious listening to kids talk to each other. When I go on a field trip with my children I just sit back and listen - it's amazing to hear what they think and how they perceive things that happen.

Debbie Taylor said...

Put seven sisters together, food and ANY activity (especially if we are overtired) and there will be giggles, LOTS of giggles and not just giggles, but oftentimes snorts, wet pants and liquid coming out of someone's nose or mouth!! I am so blessed to have SIX great sisters and I love Dawn, Diane, Jami, Charlie, Jennifer and Katie!

Randy said...

the ctmh tv and the idea books make me happy! I am always inspired by those ideas!

Danelle said...

Being with my sisters and cousins - we always have so much to talk and laugh about. Fun times! :)
~Danelle A

Lora said...

My children, husband, my mother in law and my friend.

Myra Grodzuik said...

I find that most things in my life always put a smile on my face, especially my Granddaughter. I find I get giggly at most things. I love to laugh that is why I prefer comedy movies over dramas, I find laughing or giggling is a great stress reliever, and just plain fun!

Loretta said...

I'm always giggling at my little boy. He's 3 and is so clever. He can get himself out of anything. He's going to be the funny one in the family. Love him!! Oh, and wimp.com will always put a smile on my face.

Loretta

Christina said...

I get giggly when my kids get giggly. It is so funny to see them crack up and be silly and get the giggles. That makes me laugh.....but i really love simplicity. Simple and calm. that makes me happy

Unknown said...

I love being creative and makeing others happy, that makes me happy. As far as a website goes, I love Facebook! I love to see the funny things people have to say each day and hearing all the wonderful new of what is going on in everyones lives!

Anonymous said...

My children, family and friends make me happy. The smell of the ocean, the color of spring grass and the sunset make me happy. There are so many things in this would to be happy about, and that what makes scrapbooking so wonderful. We are able to capture and share all the small things in our lives that add up to be great joy.

Andrea Warren thewarren5@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My grandson's make me laugh. They play silly games and tell me silly jokes that really make no sense. And that makes me remember when their mother (my daughter) did the same thing at their age. They are my heart. I love to go on the CTMH website because there are always lots of new ideas and techniques to learn and use. Thanks CTMH, you make my scrapbooking experience so much easier and so much fun.

Julie Wasson said...

when my kids laugh it is contagious.

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.