Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobblestones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...Feelin' Groovy.
Hello lamp-post,
What cha knowin'?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.
I've got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

One of the best things about scrapbooking is creating a layout that includes you! Now, some papercrafters do this all the time. Others of us scrapbook our kids, parents, cousins, and friends, but somehow neglect to scrapbook themselves.
Comment here for a chance to win a free Felicity Collection—a Close To My Heart exclusive just for National Papercrafting Month 2010! Tell us how you incorporate a bit of you into your scrapbook layouts or papercrafting projects. Remember to come back tomorrow to see if you’ve won, and to find out about one of the techniques used in this layout!

200 comments:
Although I have scrapbooks dedicated to my children growing up, I have also gone back and scrapbooked parts of my own childhood
I am working on a scrapbook of my pregnancy.
I RARELY ever scrap myself, but I am trying to get better! Hopefully, this layout will inspire me. :)
Gina Stockfisch
As much as I hate it, I use my own handwriting on lots of pages. IF there are ever any pics of me (99% of the time I am the one taking the shots), I will use them on layouts and try not to be too critical of myself.
I like to scrapbook whatever is going on in my life, so even if I'm not in the photo, my voice is there in the journaling, or in the memory in general.
I'm the one always taking the pictures so it is unusual to see me in my scrap pages
I began scrapping when my daughter was a baby (20 years ago). I was always the one behind the camera and then realized it looked like she didn't have a mother!! So, I started passing the camera to someone else at least once during an event to prove that yes, i do exist!
I started a scrapbook of races with my walking partner. We have discovered a lot of things about each other along the way.
I include myself in the pages I scrap by handwriting at least some of the journaling. That way I've personalized the layout even if I'm not in the pictures.
Very true, I do neglect to scrapbook myself. My husband looks at our scrapbooks of the kids and asks where I am. I cutely say, "behind the camera". :o) However, this does sadden me. I know my kids will remember me, but would like them to have pictures of me too. I have pictures of my Mom & Dad when we were growing up. And I treasure them.
I'm usually the one behind the camera, so when we have family events, I try to get copies of pictures from other people. That's where I get pictures of me to include in our scrapbooks.
You don't see much of me in our family scrapbook album, being I'm also the photographer. I hope my presence is felt in the journaling. I do most of it in my own handwriting and really try to convey the thoughts, moods and feelings that go along with the pictures.
You look great with the colors in this collection! I went on an album retreat one time and was forced to scrapbook a layout of myself. Actually, it turned out very nice and once in a while, I think we all deserve to have a page about ourselves.
I have been scrapping my whole life... i got my first camera when i was about 7 years old..... I am usually behind the camera, but now that my children are getting older and have their own camera they snap a photo of me once in a while and that is how I end up in the album.... kinda weird at times to see myself.....
I haven't scrapped too much about myself but am going to try to do at least 1 layout a year that is 'all about me'. I'm usually the one taking the pictures, so it may be a pictureless layout :) but, that's ok with me.
I rarely have any pictures of myself and I wouldn't think of making a page of/for me. However, I went with my best friend to her company picnic and someone took a picture of the two of us. I used that picture for a layout and used the layout to tell about my friends.
I don't scrapbook myself a whole lot. Mostly my girls but when we get family pictures I like to scrapbook those pictures so I have the memories. Very rarely do I have pictures of myself though because I never like myself in my pictures.
I hardly ever scrapbook myself. I'm trying to take more pictures of me with my family so that I am on my children's layouts with them. Ultimately, the scrapbooks are for them.
I am very sentimental....and my phrasing and journaling reflect that. Almost all the journaling I do is in my handwriting..... but sometime I will find other means of expression such as my cricut, or printed phrases I find. The wonderful thing about scrapbooking.....there is no right or wrong way....it is whatever works for you!!
Paula Stevenson
I never scrapbook myself but I do love these layouts. I was thinking about making a similar layout for a friend to frame it for her birthday.
OOPS....didn't read the whole paragraph.....I do find it difficult to scrapbook pictures of myself....but I found some old pics when I was in my teens...I put them together as well as some photos of my husband when he was in his teens.....what a riot....grandkids look at us a little differently now....yep...now they know we were young once...and not to bad looking either...
Paula Stevenson
Usually, the pictures are of my kids or pets. I guess I incorporate myself by the actual layouts that I create.
I wasn't one to scrap about myself only but a few years ago I started a "ME" album after my grandmother passed away. I realized that I knew her as a grandmother not as a child, teen, fiance, newlywed, mother, or just her real dreams in life.
I too am the photographer so there are little photo's of me but my album has pages of my likes, letters, notes & whatnot's about ME! I would like my children, grandchildren and their children to know me, who I have been through all the stages of my life.
I scrap myself, warts and all. Some day my kids and (future) grandkids will be looking at those pictures, and they will be glad that I look like me in them. that's what scrapbooks are for.
I am in love with this layout. I do scrapbook myself but only because I scrapbook all our holidays and camping trips but this has inspired me to choose a few pictures of just me and honor myself. I often do it for my children and my husband and then I journal something special or memorable. Now its my turn. Love this layout! Love it Love it love it!
TLB-Westbank BC
My daughter's scrapbooks have me in them when she was growing up. I have also done most of the journaling by hand. I have done a scrapbook of my journey through breast cancer and now I have one ready to do of all the wonderful people I met during that time. I continue to have tea parties with them all and we stay in touch and take lots of pictures. Maybe someone day, I will do one of my childhood. Alot of the pictures were ruined in a flood but there might be enough to put a little something together so my daughter would know where I came from, lol.
I scrapbook my child's pics, but I even have my pictures with him. I never scrapbook just my pics. Will try it next time.
I try to always have a few photos of myself in my scrapbook. Sometimes they aren't the best photos but I'm in the album!
I don't think I do include me in my scrapbook pages... hmmm... should probably try to do more of that!
I think I am also guilty of spending more time on pictures of my kids than of myself . . . but I do try to get into the pictures every so often. Something to work on for the new year!
I don't have a lot of pictures of me, most of them got lost in a move, so I only have a handful of when I was little but, I got to spend 6 months with my Granddaughter in 2008 and I got a lot of pictures of her and I together so those are usually the pictures I scrap. I also got my husband to take pictures of me canning and helping with the reno's because I want to do a scrap book for my Granddaughter about her Grandma, ME!
I'm currently working on our wedding album which is the closest I've come to scrapping about just myself as there are pics of me by myself and my hubby by himself. I've done way better on the journaling for his pages than my own however, but this idea has sparked a few new ideas for me to try out when I get home :)
I love scrapbooking about my family but I always include myself. I remember growing up my mom was never in any pictures because she was always the one taking the pictures. it's the same now with my mother-in-law so we always take a tripod and make sure the entire family is in the shot. I'm also starting to scrapbook my chilhood which is tons of fun to go through all the memories of growing up.
I am usually the person behind the camera, but if possible, I try to get pictures other people have taken that include me. Mostly the bit of myself in my scrapping and paper crafting is in the art!
One of my New Year's resolutions is to do a layout of me!
Lately I have been trying to use one of my favorites in every page, whether it be color, or angle I put a picture, or a favorite size. I never have many pictures of myself since I am the one taking the pictures.
I don't scrapbook a lot of pictures of me, but I do journal a lot in my own handwriting. I am usually behind the camera, but every birthday I get a pic of me, and every now and then when we are all together I get one of myself with my grandchildren.
It is rare for me to scrapbook about myself, because there is rarely a picture taken of me! I am the one taking all the photos! I am trying to make sure more photos get taken with me in them so my kids know I was there! LOL!
I also don't scrap alot of photos of me, but I'm present in the scrapbooks because of journaling and because I try to take pictures of the simple events in our every day life and not just the big events
Its sometimes sad to look back and not see me in the pic. Now that my girls are getting older, they will take pics w/ me in them :) My hubby (not great w/ cameras at all) has even started taking pics of us together. I'm really going to try to have 'me' in the pages too.
love the idea of scrapping yourself....I have started doing just that! Love this layout and the Felicity papers.
In my kids books I write the journaling in my own handwriting.
I try to slip in a picture or two of me here and there. I enjoy journaling, so I incorporate a lot of myself by telling the story through my voice.
The first time I really scrapbooked myself was with the Tickled Pink collection. With a title like "I am..." I had to! Now, to incorporate myself more, I like to do group photos. A tripod is well worth the investment if you can figure out how to set the timer on your camera:)
I am the picture taker, so I really don't have many photo's of myself. I am so busy thinking about others that I really don't take much time to think about me. Thank you CTMH for the inspiration. Next time I get my camera out I will focus on me.
Heather Stimes
I try to get people to take photos of us as a family - we have a lot of the kids but not as many of me and DH. I also take the camera when just the two of us go out now.
I like to make a travel chapter for every trip I take and then put it in only one album. I include my highlights of the trip, the dates and time I went and whom I was with. If I can't do a whole book, at least I've got a cool chapter to look at.
Every once in awhile, I "force myself" to do a page about me. It's a challenge sometimes to find photos because I'm always the one taking them!
I am trying to get better at including myself in pictures. And on LO. I usually do my journalling by hand so that is my personal touch to my LOs for the most part.
I try to use my own handwriting on as many LO's as I can and I write comments on the back of the LO's that I don't get on the front.
Well, I am more of a cardmaker right now, but I do have a custom made stamp that I stamp on the back of each card that I make whether it's one I'm giving myself or a commissioned project...feels like a wee piece of me that goes along!
I agree with most that I am not in many of the pictures due to being behind the camera. Rarely does anyone say, "Let me take your picture". But I agree that when you journal and create these beautiful layouts you are always a part of it. I hope that when I pass along my work they "feel" me there.
This is a gorgeous layout.. I never scrap pic's of myself, with the exception of my wedding photo's...
My husband takes most of our family photos and I scrapbook them, so I have to take some pictures with my own little camera to make sure he gets in there!
My story is much the same as many others since I have usually been the photographer over the years. Also have tried to escape the camera because most of my life I have been overweight and hate to have that reality captured on film. Have always been more comfortable with portraits that don't show full body views. Will work on putting "more" of myself into my albums.
I think just my personal taste and style shows through in each layout.. my mood/feeling at the time and the subject all shine through each page in their own way.
I'm one of those ones who uses their own handwriting in my scrapbooks. My pages don't look as nice, but my kids know that it's me writing those wonderful things about them. My son has a baby picture of me and my husband in his album.
My husband and I travel alot and we're bad about not including ourselves in the photos. We've been trying to do more. I would like to get my sisters together and have us do some pages about ourselves growing up. I think it would be a great way to learn how our memories are different or the same. Plus a great thing to have for our children and grandchildren!
I occassionaly have someone else take the picture for this reason, I learned early on that I was never in the picture, I never asked where I was I was the one behind the camera. I do use my own handwriting for the journaling and I am the one telling the story but I do try to get me in the picture once in a while. Even if it is one of my kids taking the picture, I have them take one or two and then I will just to prove I was there too!
As with so many other, as mom, I am the one behind the camera. As a single mom, I try harder to get myself in the photo to place on a layout. My youngest daughter, 5, loves to take pictures...so she is my biggest fan. I use my handwritting 75 % of the time on my layouts as I think that personal touch is important. My girls know I love them to the moon and back because they see I wrote it !
I handwrite all of my journalling so there is a little bit of "me" on each page. I also hand the camera over to my husband so he can take pictures of me with our boys. When they look back at the scrapbooks in years to come they will see how much fun we had together and how much they "adored" their mommy, and how much they were adored in return.
For my 10th anniversary, I made a mini-album of just me and my husband. I used the lyrics of "You're Still the One" as a thread through the whole book.
I find it easier to scrapbook about myself if I combine it with another person. So I made one book of just me and my sister growing up. I find my identity in how I relate to others, so of course those special people get included in pages about me.
I have recently started an ABC's of Me scrapbook. I have used the alphabet and each letter represents something in my life about me! I love it and hope my kids will to. They will get the always remember their mom and learn things about me through this cool book.
When I scrap I have my own style and that is shown in each page. That is the part of me I put into my books. The love and patients it takes to create memories that will last a lifetime.
I scrap the odd picture of my husband and myself. Otherwise it is all about the kids (and pets)
I mostly scrapbook my children, because I don't have pictures of myself, since I am the one behind the camera. I am trying to change that, so that my children and grandchildren will know who I am.
I always like to change just a little something in each layout that makes it really my own. Sometimes it is a title, an embellishment or sometimes I will add extra pictures.
The only pictures of me are the family pictures, sad but I am the one who takes most of the pictures
I am always taking the pictures!! Luckily I got a few of me and my kids together at Christmas! I can't wait to get to work on using the Jingle paper!!
Loretta
I think the journaling that I include on layout really puts my touch on it.
My designs and journaling are uniquely me!
I have to do separate layouts for pictures of me because I don't get my picture taken much when out with the family. I actually have to plan to have my picture taken.
Usually I'm the one taking pictures. But in order to incorporate myself into my scrapbook pages I give the camera to my 4 and 7 year old sons. They love to take pictures, are take pretty good ones too. Now, I definetly have some pictures of myself to scrapbook!!!
How do i put ME in my scrapbooking. I agree with those above that say the designs and journaling. i used to drive my husband crazy by throwing out pictures I didn't like about myself but i've realized that this is who I am and I need to celebrate myself more in albums. In fact, I am turning 40 the end of this year and I plan to do a whole album about myself for my party. This is why I'm so excited about Studio J and its design elements!
My husband & children take most of our photos so we do have some of me. I haven't done much scrapbooking but will make sure to include myself.
I try to get my husband to capture pictures of me on some outings. But most of the time I incorporate my "girly" and "cute" factors to my pages with embelishments, color, ribbon, and stamping. I am a very matchy matchy person and want my layouts to look...professional.
I have only done one layout of myself when I was a baby, and toddler. I incorporate a bit of myself in my layouts by having my "likes" added. One of my likes is having a lot of photos in my layouts, but I hate having blank areas. So, I tend to put photos in areas that were to be blank. I also have to really like the embellishments I am using. Most embellishments I like, but I do not like thick bulky embellishments. So, they do not make it into my layouts.
I am working on an Album of Me. I really want my kids & future generations to see what I am all about. So I am incorporating my childhood (80's fads, hometown info., etc.), then college & then life before kids. It has been fun digging out all the old pics.
I very rarely scrap w/me in the photos. Need to do that more.
I realized that I was almost always behind the camera so now I make a point of asking my husband to take a few shots of me and the kids so I can use those as well in my layouts. Now that my daughter is getting older I pass the camera to her and have her take pictures of me and my hubby so I have the two of us together.
Paige
I don't scrap myself very much, but I have been working on an art journal that is all about me. It is a little strange to document yourself, but I know someday my children will be happy to have it!
I have scrapbooks for each of our 3 children. I try having someone else take pictures of me with the kids/family but many times it gets forgotten until it's time to scrap and to late. It's so much easier to be behind the camera than the one be photographed.
I would love to start a "me" album w/tons of journaling in my own handwriting. I think it would be fascinating to read about what my mother's life was like when she was raising me, so I'd love to give that to my kids. Like most moms, however, I rarely have pics taken of me. Hmmm... lol!
Since I don't have kids, my scrapbooks are all about me all the time! I love to use my own handwriting and journaling style. I do wish that there were more photos of me since I'm usually the one behind the camera.
I have taken my old photo albums, through college and am redoing them into scrapbooks. Since my kids are older, I have done a few pages in our 'family scrapbook' of each of us at the same age..... i.e. Freshman in College, it's fun to see the different hairstyles, clothing etc.
Yes, I have scrapbooked myself in my wedding album(s) - it took four books, my albums with my horses (so far, 3 full ones but still more to come) and with each house where we have lived. Audrey K. horsebasket1@yahoo.com
Whenever I go on vacation or know I am going to be taking pictures, I try to get someone to take a couple pics of me so that I can be in my scrapbook too. I cherish those pics because there are never quite as many of those!
I have been trying to remember to get in the pictures so I have something of my self to remember. Other than than, guess my "stamp" of myself is the journalling.
I hand-journal on a lot of pages, and I scrap a lot of photos of me and my friends and family. Plus I use all my favorite colors!
My journaling is usually a snapshot of my feelings for that day or time as well as trying to incorporate my own handwriting.
My wedding album and vacations is the only time I scrapbook me :)
I really don't scrapbook myself, but I do put a lot of my heart and soul in every project I do. sometimes, even a little blood ! LOL
The only part of “Me” in my layouts is my style and creativity. I have yet to scrapbook anything about me personally.
I've found that even though I love looking at all these layouts that have all sorts of extras and embellishments, that it's not really me. I have made my scrapbooks my own by acknowledging that even if my pages are simple, they represent who I am--and that has enabled me to enjoy scrapbooking so much more!
I use my own handwriting as much as I can in my scrapbooks. Also, I have my kids take pics of me when we are at an event, so that I am included in our family albums. This has had a great dual effect - my kids are learning photography skills! Bonus!
I do include those random pictures of me that I find. I also handwrite my journaling. You get a sense of my style, and my thoughts, in each page, even if there is not an actual picture of me.
Time to bite the bullet and add some pictures of myself with those of my family in the scrapbook even if it's only a picture here, a picture there...
I generally scrapbook my kids, although I also have a "life" album of myself that I'm working through. I show myself in pages (when there are not pictures of me) by using my favourite colours, ribbons, other embellishments and such that may not necessarily match my topic (e.g. using paper flowers on a page about my two sons). I also journal like crazy! I add my thoughts and comments, funny anecdotes -- lots of things to make the reader laugh. Smiles, Michelle LB
In addition to my kids scrapbooks I make a family scrapbook where I put pictures of my husband and I. It's fun because we don't have very many things that are just us but those few that are get remembered too.
I very rarely scrapbook pictures of myself because Im usually the one behind the camera not in front of it... Kerri W
I put my favorite colors into every project so even when I'm not featured a bit of me still is.
I am what you call a beginner in the whole scrapbooking voyage...I love the new papers! I feel this will help me to have brighter, more lively scrapbook pages. I was at a crop this weekend that inspired me to do what I want with my Books...even though I have three handsome boys...I can still have colors other than Green Blue and Yellow in their books! =)April D. Sanford, NC
I would like to think by creating scrapbook pages and projects I am already incorportating a bit of me into it. For those special projects, I often put a touch of me with a special signature & doodle (kinda like my stamp of authenticity.
Thanks for the chance to win.
Doramiyi
Even though there might not be pictures of myself on my scrapbook, I feel that there is a bit of me on every page. Thanks for the great layout.
Barb K
As a recent breast cancer survivor, I have been working on an album of all of the races my daughter and I have participated in (4 in the past year) to raise money and awareness of breast cancer. I've also added pics of the two of us in 2 breast cancer awareness fashion shows, our car wash to raise donations and the one-year survivor party my daughter threw for me.
Every so often, I'll just say "Take a picture of me." I am usually the one taking the pictures, so I am not in them very often, but if it is a momentous occasion, I do fling the camera at someone to capture the moment.
I try to incorporate myself in "Mom" pages in my son's album. However, sometimes this is difficult as there are not a lot of picture of me because I am always the one taking the pictures.
I have a scrapbook my mother made for me and gave to me on my wedding day. It is of my childhood. When I scrapbook now, I create 3 scrapbooks--one for each of my children and one book for me to keep. When my children get married, I plan to give them their scrapbooks and I still get to keep the memories too!
I never scrapbook pictures of just me. However I do scrapbook family portraits or pictures of myself with my kids or my husband. I am often he person behind the camera so pictures of me are hard to come by. Angie
Love the layouts. Very nice. I prefer to make cards and other paper crafting projects. Laurie W. TX
I always hand write my journalling.
The only way I have been able to incorporate myself into the kids scrapbooks is passing the camera to someone else, which means I have to trust someone else to get "THE" shot. The upside is there will actually be evidence that I existed! lol.
Since I started scrapbooking when I have the kids pictures taken for their birthday, I have at least 1 pose taken with me. Journally is also from my point of view. Thanks, Karen in IL
I've gotten really good at taking a photo of myself w/ someone else. Usually you can't tell that my arm is sticking out in front of us w/ the camera :) I usually try to get some photos like this when my husband and I travel so that I get in the scrapbook, too!
As chief photographer and scrapbooker, I too found that I was rarely in our scrapbooks. Last May, with the incredibly fun stamp of the month, I created a layout all about ME and who I am right now (mother, wife, teacher, scrapbooker, etc.). I include me in our scrapbooks as the voice and also try to journal in my own handwriting, no matter how bad it is.
I do not scrapbook myself, I hate pictures of myself so I don't do my life. I prefer to do my nephews.
I have a couple of different scrapbooks on the go... my wedding scrapbook is all about me & my special day and my friends & family who shared it with me. Then I have my 'everyday' scrapbook which is largely dominated by pages dedicated to my wonderful nieces & nephews, but I do occasionally add photos of myself with them!
I love the idea of a song inspired scrapbook page. This actually happened to me once - 'Sunshine on my Shoulders' by John Denver inspired one of my favorite pages of my niece on the beach :)
I try to write in my own handwriting when I have a story or quote that goes with my pictures.
I am also working on my pictures from 0 to 18. It was a lot of fun to sit down with my mother and get information on what was going on in the pictures. I even got her to write down a story in her handwriting for my book.
I am telling the story as I journal my children's scrapbooks. There's no doubt who's writing those "mom type" observations. I plan to do a scrapbook of myself sometime with the few and far between pictures I have of myself. The journaling will be the most important part.
I try to make sure that I am in the photos. Especially those with my kids! It's important for the kids to see that I had an active role in their childhood. I scrapbook them, even if they are not the best pictures of me! My husband needs to work on his photography skills!
I'm in the paper! Everyone says they can tell that I scrapped it or made it because of the paper I use. I love fall colors!
I am creating the pages so that right ther is a bit of me!
I seem to be never in the picture. So I started to take pictures of me and my husband at different times of the year. That way I can show that I am married to him. I so try to have other people take pictures of us.
I have never really scrapped but make cards. I like to make cards I know are a reflection of who they are being sent to, if at all possible. Maybe the card has a poem or saying I know they will like or even a joke on it. Or, maybe their favorite colors or embelishments. I hope my friends like the cards as much as I like making them for them!
Chris R. from Iowa
I do most of my journalling in handwriting. I always thought it was neat to go through my Grandma's books and see her writing - it's like having a piece of her with me.
I'm the only MeMaw scraping in this family. That's how I put a little bit of myself in scrapbooking; they'll know MeMaw did it for them, and of course, I'm holding the Grandchild in at least one picture and we are always smiling:) SandySec57@aol.com
I love to add dimension to all the scrapbook pages I create. I like to have something on my pages that gives it a little pop. I use simple combinations of colors. I add as many of the dates to my pages as I can remeber accuratly to get more of a timeline of when the events took place. I'm usually not in the pictures but my two kids always are. they are the best reflections of me. A little sweet, a little charming, and a little naughty. I like to make other papercraft items for myself around the house. tags for jars. embelleshing picture frames. My albums aren't so much about me, but about what I cherish in life.
I rarely scrapbook myself, I do put in pictures of me with people, When we camp my friend and I take pictures of each other so we can have some of ourselves to scrap
I would love to find a few slimming pictures and scrap them on the happy paper !
I have done a layout on my surprise birthday party that my husband threw for me. Other than that, the pictures of me on my pages are pictures of me with family and friends. I do like to try to get at least one of me on each layout.
I'm confused. I posted this morning at 10:48, but there seems to be 2 different areas for comments. Are they both included or is one a whole different comment area?
I am the photographer in the family so pics of me are rare, but my husband is making more of an effort to take some. I want to include more handwriting and doodles into my pages in the future....
We pass around 2-3 cameras at family gatherings. That along with cell phones usually gets a good glimpse of everybody's fun. I also use my own handwriting often.
Unfortunately, I am usually not in many photos as I am usually taking the them, but my voice represented in my layouts as the memories documented and kept there are mine.
I have a box of pictures as I was growing up but haven't scrapbooked them as of yet. I make sure someone takes a picture of me once in awhile so I can be in the grandchildren,s books.
I think I put a bit of me - and often a lot of me! - into every layout I do. Whether it's my kids, dogs, or friends, or a vacation remembrance album, it always reflects the way I viewed it. I don't know if it would be possible to create something from another perspective.
Until I found a demo and started with making cards I'd always wanted to scrapbook, but didn't know how. I soon realized you needed pictures of more than just the dog if you wanted to make an album. I'm still learning on what to take pictures of and need to take way more, but I am getting there. At least now I can cobble together a two page layout in my demo's scrapbook class once a month. I even try to make it so I'm in some of them (depending on the theme, of course). My Hallowe'en layout was mostly pics of me, some from childhood and leading to my costumes at work the last few years. I did however dedicate the winter layout to the dogs having fun in the backyard snow since every dog must have it's day (or layout in this case, LOL!)
I am definitely one of those who needs to be better about including myself in my layouts. I'm going to start handing the camera off to someone else, so I can make sure I get a few shots of myself in! :)
Of course, each page always has my personal style, so there's always "me" in it, even if not my photo!
Cheryl S.
I'll scrapbook pictures of myself if I'm in the picture with other people. I don't usually take pictures of myself or ask other people to take pictures of me.
I just started doing pages of myself for a "me" album. It's hard at first, but I think about the legacy I leave for my kids.
I am usually the one behind the camera so the first challenge is being photographed. The second is making myself use my handwriting and journal the page, as I think handwriting could become a lost thing. For one of my gatherings last year was creating layouts of ourselves and "10 Things About Me". It was a challenge for me but it was good.
Since I've got my new camera I'll never be in another scrapbook again since my hubby's not allowed to touch it!He broke my last one!!HaHa!
The only way I incorporate myself in my scrabooking is making the scrapbooks. No one ever takes pictures of me. Maybe it's because I'm that ugly to look at (he! he!). But really there are no pictures of me so it doesn't get done. I guess my immage will be a mystery in the future.
I really want to be in more pictures but I am the one usually taking the pictures. Sometimes I get my friend to take a picture of even one of my sons. They can actually take pretty good pictures sometimes.
I really never get in a picture. This past summer I actually asked someone to take a photo of me with my daughter on her birthday. It felt so odd....but I know I have to do it more. Do I want my children, grand children and great grand children to have me MIA in their history???
I am often not in the photos at big family gatherings, but when it's just my husband and I, I try to be sure there are pics of both of us. I am looking forward to "re-scrapping" my wedding pics also.
I like so many others am the one behind the camera, but this layout encourages me to scrap myself, and possible start a "ME" book. Thanks for the encouragement.
Vickie A.
My friend and I work on her daughter's scrapbook together and I've noticed how few pictures there are of her (mom). I have made a point to get good pictures of mom and daughter together when I do things with them. She is always behind the camera and doesn't particularly like to have her picture taken. I then make a point to get those pictures of mom into the scrapbook when we work on it. Having lost my mom when I was a teenager, I tell her (from experience) that her daughter will cherish those pictures more than those of herself one day.
I scrap me so my children and grandchildren can see how I looked over the years growing up until now.
Nancy - Oklahoma
Just love close to my heart. Every project comes our perfect with your products.
I have been working on scrapbooks of vacations that my husband and I have taken. Some were cruises and some have just been long week-ends, or day trips. I to usually am the one taking the picture. I also think that the part of me that I put into my scrapbooking is my creativity. The color choice, design,& embelishments. I think each of us has a "look" that is our own. That is our signature.
I try to make sure there is a picture of myself when we have family gatherings but I have to admit, it is difficult as I am the one taking the pictures. It is okay though because I put my own trademark on my layouts by using flowers & bling . As well I try & use my own handwriting as much as possible on my pages. The layout is beautiful, thanks for sharing.
cbgirl, Bradford, Ont
I don't scrapbook myself as much as I should. I do handwrite most of my journaling. I find myself getting out of the pics if I am feeling "fat". LOL.
Incorporating bits of me is not something I am good at. I am too critical of myself and therefore focus more on my husband and kids. Will need to work on it...
I like to put my own handwriting in a project. I know mine is just like my dad's - and hope my kids will be able to compare when they are older!
I try to use my own handwriting whenever I can, and I have read many wonderful posts here with great tips for getting more pics with me in them instead of taking them! That is going to be my new yars resolution this year, to let someone else take photos more often so I get to be in some!:)
I handwrite notes to my children in my pages. And my reason, my father wrote things on the packages when I was in the Gulf War and I still have these. He died 5 years ago and I will treasure these for life. And he saved every card I gave him... The written word is so powerful.
I almost always handwrite my journaling. I treasure the few things such as recipes that my grandmother wrote, so I want to leave that legacy for my kids and future grandkids.
since i'm the creator, MY perspective is in the journaling.
Who I am comes out in my journaling. I do include pictures of myself in my LOs too.
I'd have to say my hand written journaling is how I put my self into my scrapping :)
Haven't scrapbooked any of myself but really don't scrapbook for my family either, always working on projects for gifts for other people. My goal this year is work on my family stuff. Thanks for all the ideas. Monica
I am always the one taking the pictures. I ty to remember to get shots with all of us in them.
I always make sure my journaling or handwriting is in the layout, since photos of me won't always be.
I have done an About Me album and teach this at our local Senior Center. We have to leave that memory legacy about ourselves while we still can.
Whether or not I'm in the pictures, the pages reflect my life as I want to remember it. I love to look back over the pages of our vacations, family moments and other experiences that become the memories to cherish.
my handwriting is on every page I scrapbook and I have now started scrapping pics of myself more often. I have also started incorporating my favorite scripture verses on my pages so that I can share my faith through my albums. Pictures often spark me to think of a certain scripture so then I run with it.
I try to make sure I'm in pictures periodically, so that others know I at least exist! I admit, though, I am my least favorite subject to scrap.
Right now, I'm scrapping my 3 grandkids (one 4 yr old & two 2 yr olds). I'm usually in holiday & event pics with them. I'm always wanting to get a Gramma & Grandkids pic. It's pretty hilarious...the person I ask to take the pic usually grumbles cause it's difficult to get a good pic where they'll all three sit still...forget about smiling.
I would say 99% of my layouts include people besides myself...I always leave the first page of my album a blank color that matches the cover, maybe I should add a title page with a picture of the author (me) :)
there are never pictures of me. I'm always behind the camera
I've never liked being photographed, but a couple of my friends have recently lost family members and have commented about how they wish they had more pictures of them together. This has made me change my perspective a bit -- I want my kids to have photos with their Mommy! So I will start passing my camera off and include myself in some pictures!
I need to improve but I do try to journal using my "voice" so that the reader can see things the way I rememeber them and learn a bit more about me.
Just last Thanksgiving I handed my camera off to someone else in order for me to be in pictures with my grandchildren. I just scrapbooked those last week and someone commented on my Facebook page that I looked like I was in "hog heaven" with my babies. Maybe when they look at them in the future they will see my love for them on my face in the pictures.
I am planning to do a few pages of me though the years for my parents. I have been caring for them since last May but am going to leave them for a while so will send them some pages of me... so they might remember I am thinking of them.
They both have dementia & are in their 80's
Mitsy#9
I use my own handwriting... I hate the look of it most of the time, but when my kids look at it they love knowing that I wrote it myself!
I usually only include myself if it's a page about my girls and I. I have yet to do a layout with just me. But perhaps in the future!
I made copies of childhood photos of me and used them to make cards for family members- specifically for Father's Day and my brothers birthday-- it was fun and they really liked them!
I'm usually the one taking the pictures. But, on family outings I try to have at least a couple pictures of myself taken to be included on sb pages.
I try to give the camera more to my husband to take pics so then when I go to scrapbook I have pictures of me too.
My husband takes pictures of me and our son together.
I want my son to look back at his scrapbooks and
remember the special moments we've shared as a family.
I also handwrite all of my journaling since I'm not
a whiz with the computer.
-Maryellen W
I like to use my handwriting whenever I can even if there are no pictures of me in the layout. That way I can have a bit of myself there.
I am the shutterbug in residence so I am in only about 1% of our photos. However, the pages I create are my voice complete with my choice of title and my handwritten journaling of my memories.
I feel like a lot of me is in my projects because I tend to only purchase and therefore use paper, stamps and embellishments I love! :) I love taking pictures and don't mind a bit there aren't many of me. I make sure a few of me are taken on vacations as proof I was there!!
I try to pass the camera at least once during an event to make sure that there is a pic of me.
I am noticeably absent in our family photos and albums.
So I signed up for a swap over 2 years ago to jumpstart two albums, "All About Me", for both of my children. In the sawp, I took double slots so that I could have two of each layout made, one for my son Brian and the other for my daughter Amanda.
We used the beautiful Simple Pleasures papers and color scheme, appropriately gender neutral. I have enough blank deocrated and titled pages to fill 3 Cocoa Albums for each of my children, because I continued to make more layouts for almost two years til I ran out of the wonderful papers.
Yikes, now it is time to find the right photos and stories to put on each beautiful layout. This has truly been a labor of love. Debbie
I love this layout! Although I am the person in the photos and I did not scrap this layout. I think they did a great job with the colors with the contrast of my hair color. Great job CTMH!
I usually hand write my feelings, wishes or journaling down to the pages and I know my family likes that. I find it is a great to incorporate part of me even though I'm not the topic of the layout.
Thanks!
I love taking pictures of myself. :) This being the case, I find myself scrapbooking them! Since I usually wear pink, all the paper and embellishments match!
I scrapbook my own pictures in a mini album and send it to my parents who live in another country.
I have made a conscious effort to get someone to take a picture with ME in it recently! Got some good ones playing in the snow with the kids and even a decent one of my husband and I over vacation, so I know I can be on at least one page in this year's album!
I guess I am one of those people that don't scrap myself...and I am usually the one behind the camera, so photos of me are a rarity anyway, so I guess I am in my scrapping through my journaling and that choices that I make on each page.
Because I am usually the one behind the camera, I've been more aware of this recently and am now giving my husband the camera more often and asking him to get more photos of me with the kids also! I also like to do my journaling by hand so our family albums are full of my hand-writing (as well as a little computer generated journaling sometimes also).
Recently I have my husband take lots of pics of me. I have great intention of scrapping myself but still haven't. This idea might help me get there sooner.
My scrapbooks are about me...and my family and my friends. So they always incorporate me, no matter who they're about.
I usually only scrapbook myself with my family. But a little of my own personal style is put in every page.
I'm uncomfortable with the pictures of me. I feel better remembering the event from behind the camera. I think my children would like a few with me included, but I rarely find a picture of me that I like.
Love the color selection here. Jessica from IA
I'm pregnant with my second baby. I was put off work quite early so I decided to work on a scrapbook for baby #2 and get ahead on some layouts for when the baby gets here it will be easy to just add pics. I've already made 2 layouts of my growing belly and some family pics. So I will include some pictures of me at the beginning of the scrapbook to remember what I looked like with the big belly. We even had a photographer come over and take family pics.
Post a Comment