Have you ever watched any of those home makeover shows? You know, those ones where decorators get a budget of 99 bucks and a time limit of 48 hours to redesign an entire room to make it fun, inviting, and fabulous? One of their secrets is to repurpose materials already on hand to make something entirely new.
That’s what we’ve done to create this wall hanging.

We took a 12" x 12" scrapbook page featuring the surname Hudson. Then we added photo hangers and tied on some ribbon.

Ta-da! From scrapbook to wall in just 60 seconds! It’s like magic!
Tell us about your tiny tweaks that produce tremendous transformation, whether it be in the papercrafting world or home decor. You’ll be entered into today’s daily drawing for the Felicity Collection. Visit here tomorrow to see if you won!
That’s what we’ve done to create this wall hanging.

We took a 12" x 12" scrapbook page featuring the surname Hudson. Then we added photo hangers and tied on some ribbon.

Ta-da! From scrapbook to wall in just 60 seconds! It’s like magic!
Tell us about your tiny tweaks that produce tremendous transformation, whether it be in the papercrafting world or home decor. You’ll be entered into today’s daily drawing for the Felicity Collection. Visit here tomorrow to see if you won!

111 comments:
A canvas is a great way to add pizzazz to a room. Just add a picture and scrap it like a page. It looks great as well as personalizes.
Gina Stockfisch
Words and letters are a quick and beautiful addition to a page, wall, notebook, or anything else. I love using leftover alphabets to label containers around my house.
I think ribbon produces tremendous transformation. When you add it to scrapbook pages, around bouquets of fresh or silk flowers, trim on little girls clothing or curtains, scrapbook wall art, gift wrap, message or cork boards, pony tails, student awards, cards, OK . . . just about anything, a beautiful transformation occurs. Ribbon is available in so many colors, styles, and widths that everyone can use it to elevate the look of any project making it spectacular.
add the unexpected ~ a tiny pewter frog in your entry way, a tiny bee painted on a coffee table, your intials and year hidden on your scrap pages, always your intial and date on your cards
Sometimes just adding a few brads or buttons to a page gives it just that pop you were looking for. Ribbon can have that same effect.
A new coat of paint can do so much. Whether it's to spice up the color pallate of a room or make an old piece of furniture look new, paint is my "tiny tweek" on home decor.
I like adding words of family and home around the house...they speak for themselves
It amazes me how much a simple thing like changing a tablecloth changes the feel of a room. I find that nothing improves my home like clearing off all the horizontal surfaces, and changing the knickknacks.
I have started using vinyl wall words and designs. They are really easy to put up and can be taken back off again without any fuss. They are inexpensive too so can change a look for a few dollars and not much time.
I think that inking the edges on layouts and cards makes a huge difference it helps things to pop of the page.
I like using household products to use in my scrap room. I bought 2 spice racks that have 2 circular levels each and spins around, emptied the spices into resealable bags to use later, washed and dried the jars, and filled them with all my different sizes of brads, picture hangers, edges, etc. Now I have them easily assessible and can see them clearly through the glass jars.
Ribbon and sparkling embellishments make my projects say WOW!
I like to include beads in my creations.
Adding layers to my papercracting projects steps it up a notch for me. I like to add dimension and depth with three or more layers and then popping up one layer with 3-D foam tape. This takes a pretty card or page from nice to outstanding in my book.
I live in the Pacific Northwest where we have a lot of cloudy days. That plus a lot of tall trees in the yard can make the house rather dark. I like to hang a bright quilt which was handmade by my great-aunt a wall. It really brightens up the room as well as my mood!
Giving a fresh look to a room is easy and free when you change up the pictures on the walls. I move mine around from time to time.
Quickly change up a room's decor by changing the pillows and afghan on the sofa. A quick change that you can do every season for a fun, fresh look.
I agree that painting a room always is a great and fairly cheap way to change up a room. For changing up my scrapbook pages, I like to make my own embellishments using CTMH stamps. It is inexpensive and creates a one-of-a-kind pages!
Very similiar to the idea of making a wall hanging from the layout I do this in my home with a double 12x12 page protector gussied up with ribbon and bling and change out the layouts in it often. Simple, cheap, and dual purpose artwork!
Heat embossing adds dimension to any project. I'm also a fan of ribbon and brads....just a little something goes a long way!
When we were cleaning my husband's grandmother's house, she had save a lot of items, I'm sure she planned on repairing. I found some pieces of crochet that needed the edge fixed, and took the part that was good, used it in the corner of a picture. She had saved a white glove that had no match, which I put in the off to the side of the frame. In the center, I found a prayer she said, typed it and printed it on card stock for the center of the picture. I used broken jewlery as accents, joining all together with Clear Sparkles. I now have a rememberance of Grandma on the wall! Kathy Schneider
Paint and vinyl are the way to go. Tremendous change with itty bitty cost. Both are sooo versatile. Thanks for the chance to win.
doramiyi
I have found some unique buttons on clothing items that I have repurposed for cards and layouts! Really fun to do and saves me some money on embellishments!
Tiny tweaks for transformation: fresh flowers in any room from the florist or even better from your own garden or the closest meadow!
I framed a card - once. Your wall hanging has inspired me. I have some ideas. I not only want to make this wall hanging...I also want to frame some homemade cards that I have received (make them into a collage and hang it in my scrap area).
I have dozens of antique quilts displayed in various rooms--in a pie safe in the breakfast nook, on top of an armoire in the family room, etc. That's not including the quilts I've made over the years that cover our beds, hang on walls and are displayed in tables with glass tops (and are stored in two armoires in our bedrooms).
Thanks for the inspiration. I usually move furniture around to get a fresh look. I haven't done anything with my walls.
I am really into adding stitching to my cards right now, I have thread in every color and add different stitching patterns a lot. It really completes any look!!
My "tiny tweak" in cardmaking is using 3D foam spacers. They make my artwork quite literaly POP off the page.
I also have a secret love affair with ribbon! Ribbon appears in nearly every scrapbook layout I make!
I use a lot of candles.(AI Root Candles)I clean them out and use them to hold all those little things that I don't have a place for in my scrapbook room. Of course each one is labled with the color that is in it. I have several plastic humus container to hold my buttons. It has four sections in it with a lid. I can find my buttons in a flash. I have an old fashion cheese grader system thing that was my mother-in-law's. I saw on Martha Stewart where she screwed them onto a piece of wood and uses it for penicls/markers/brushes/tools. I went right to work making mine. It always makes me smile while I am working, to know that I am using something of hers, and she probably is smiling down on me. I think I could go on and on about how I use things for different uses. I don't like to spend money on things like that---I want to spend it on CTMH products.
I love to repurpose food containers - with all the paint products on the market today you can find a paint that will work on any material & the possibilities are endless - it's all up to your imagination :-)
Simply hanging drapes made a difference in my family room.
I like buttons, 3D foam tape, ribbon and bling to make things POP!!!
I love to use decorative planters for other "things" besides plants. Such as I use one for a utensil holder next to my stovetop and another I have my rolled up kitchen towels for a pretty decor item on my kitchen counter.
I love the new bitty sparkles. They add so much dimension and yet they are so small. They make any card or layout really stand out.
Paint on the walls is a relatively quick and inexpensive way to change the atmosphere of any room.
My enjoyment comes from re-purposing all different kinds of things. It gives the greatest sense of accompolishment. Plastic coffee canisters make great caddies for all kinds of stuff, like tools, etc. I will usually try to make whatever I need from something here at the house before I go buy it. My daughter calls me resourceful.
Whenever I get new pictures taken of my children, I scrapbook a page of each child and hang them in 12x12 frames on my wall. That way they are already scrapbooked when it is time to change pictures. Decorated paper mache boxes are so nice on dressers and counters. I use them for small items that don't really have their own place in the house.
I keep 2 12x12 frames on my buffet in my dining area. I swap scrapbook pages from my scrapbooks to match the seasons of the year. We get to cherious those memories again and again.
I have a series of frames on a wall where I display my children's art or my scrapbook pages. They're really nice in that the front glass of the frame pops out so that you can easily change the art or scrapbook page displayed so that every month or so, the "art gallery" in our home changes creating a new gallery.
I have home made lap quilts to wrap up in and one 12x12 frame with a beautiful quilted looking page that I love showing off. But right now we are in the middle of reno's so when I am able to get everything out I will probably feature natural things like pussy willows and dried flower arrangements love natural things. Oh right now I have three shelves in my kitchen that are open with an assortment of jars filled with dried fruit, veggies, and teas that I have put together.
Just putting a great photo, card, or scrapbook page in a frame and displaying it makes a huge difference in a room!
I think that adding holiday decor to any room makes my home more festive!
I am terrible at decorating, but I do love burning candles and displaying great photos in frames I've created from yard sale finds.
I like to add plants in pretty pots and bright pillows to add punch to a room.
I took a canvas and added my son's footprints with his name plus his age and hanged in his room. He is now 6 month old. I also added Winnie the Pooh wall stickers. It fills up his room without doing much and for less.
I try to keep the photos of my immediate family up-to-date on our walls. Current pictures add new colors to our photo wall once or twice a year. It brings out different colors in our older photos of the great-grandparents, etc.
I love to add color to a room by painting it. Then adding hand made items and putting pictures up on the walls to finish it off.
It's all those little things that make the big difference, especially on a scrapbook page. In my home, sometimes it's just re-arranging a display or the furniture that makes a huge impact.
I love mixing papers and patterns and embellishments that are ready to use.
I have fallen in love with ribbon, and one of my favorite things to do right now is to hang ribbon across a wall, with a fun decoration on the ends covering up the edges. Then using clothespins, hang pictures. It makes it so easy to change the look.
Fun comments and ideas to read thanks! I like to use scrapbooking and card making ideas/ items with my pictures, either as part of the picture or part of the frame. One example is I have a group picture frame with 4 spaces picture spaces, I have 3 children one in each of their own spaces with a P for our lastname stamped,cut out, popped out with 3-d dots and ribbon of course, way cute.
I think repurposing a item really changes the way we see something and can make huge difference in the overall picture.
I LOVE organization!! I use every day things - cardboard tissue boxes, empty oatmeal containers, you name it and transform them into cute storage holders for my craft room! I cover them with some B&T paper, glue on some embellishments and viola! - cute new containers for my craft items!
When I scrapbook, or make cards for friends, sometimes it's the little things that make the page pop! I love using the tiny sparkles from CTMH! You only need a couple to add that "something special"!
I pop 12 x 12 pages into a 12 x 12 frame I have that hangs in the dining room, then rotate pages for the different holidays and seasons.
I like to use negative space from sticker pages to create fun new designs!
I use the containers fresh fruit and veggies come in to store all sorts of my scrap items. Of course I have to decorate them with ribbon, paper & embellishments to make them pretty in my craft room.
I like to use paints and ribbons!
for my daughter's baby shower, I wrapped everything already hanging on my walls in baby wrapping paper and hung it all back up - it looked adorable and festive!
I have a chalk board by my front door. I change the quote every day or so. My kids love to see what Mom's written! Today's says, "You make me happy when skies are grey!"
Recently I started spray painting and painting old shelves and other home decor items to add a new look. The old me would sold them in a yard sale and started over with new items. The new me truly loves the idea of repurposing old items. And it lets me use my creative side. Angie
I find that new knobs on a dressor really transform the look of the whole thing. I got one that looked alright but with a few dollars on knobs it was amazing!
my trick it to punch or rip circles of paper, crunch them up in a ball, unwrap the crinkled cirlcles, attach two or three with a brad and just work the shape with my fingers, instant matching flowers! kelli of kcustom
I like to take an ordinary composition book, cover it with a favorite B&T add alpha/plus to personalize it for a journaling book.
It is the little things that make a home pop; pictures, baskets, candles, accessories, even books can be set up to give some visual appeal.
Every season I like to change things up a little in my living room. The easiest way to that is to take everything down from the mantel, dust it off and set one thing on the mantel, and next week add something else. It's always a fresh/organized new look you give your living room. SandySec57@aol.com
I save things all of the time by adding gold paint, stamping, rhinestones...I made a light switch plate for my bathroom using stamps. You can make things look great with just some simple supplies. I can't tell you how many broken things I have fixed using liquid glass! It's a life saver.
I like to use yarn and jewels to make my pages sparkle.
I like to distress things to make them feel timeless. This works on scrapbook pages, cards or around the house!
I like to add a touch of greenery and/or silk flowers to a room or corner--or a scrapbook page! It always seems to look fresh to me.
Living with hot summers and cold winters I tweak the ambiance of my home by switching my art and photo mattes. I use reds & warm tones in the winter for the feeling of warmth..Cool tones and blues during the hot summers for a refreshing feel. lol. It may not actually lower my heating & A/C costs but it did raise my spirits.
Adding paper to wooden letters and using as wall decoration.
I tweak things up with a little glitter here and there. I fine it can just give the layout that little extra pop!
I like to rearrange the furniture in my rooms. Sometimes just a little thing like that makes everything seem new.
I tweek things up by using "special occasion" items for everyday. I've dug out plattters.trays pitchers, all kinds of things rarely used to add a little something special here and there around my home.
I add color for my tweaks. Paint a wall, add pillows, add ribbon, add a slipcover, add small details like flowers, paint frames, etc. Color brightens my world and helps me tweak my moods too!
My neighbor put an empty frame on her wall, did some sponging within the frame, added mini shelves and family pictures on the wall - within the space of the frame- it looked great. I want to try that in my house.
I like to take stickers (say of a cartoon animal) cut the head off and add a pop up dot behind it. place it back on top of the body on the page and you go from a flat sticker to a 3-d enhanced embellishment.
Ribbons, buttons and brads are my tweaks.
Foreverinky
i love adding little things to my scrapbook room, I hung cork squares and now when I make new card or page I'm just crazy about I hang it so I can enjoy it
I like to tweak at least one thing in every room with paper crafting products to make every room in my house my home :)
I like to make my own embellishments on my scrapbook pages or anything else I want to adventure with! One of my favorites is to photo things related to my theme..... example: my husband's work boots, thermos, and lunch box became stickers to add to scrapbook pages of my grandkids when they stopped by to see the loader he runs in a gravel pit.
Photos and laughter make my house a home.
I am amazed at how much a painted piece of wood with Scripture printed on it makes such a differece in our home!It adds a "homey" feel and the words are encouraging. This is so great because you are using your left-over wood and paint from your house that would not be used otherwise!
I like to use colored brads and the clear sparkles to enliven my cards. They really make a difference in an otherwise flat card. in my home am clearing the clutter in 2010 -- WOW what a diff that's made......Nanceeq in CO
I like to add our family's names to our art. It makes it that much more personal.
I love to use foam tape to make all of my embellishments "POP"!
I love to use found objects: bits of subway map, paper napkins with writing on them from a french restaurant, leaflets and brochures, etc on my scrapbook pages. They add memories as well as color and embellishment to my pages!
Now that I have started scrap booking and card making, I repurpose so much stuff. I will strip any store bought card I receive of any reuseable embellishment and add it to some card I'm making. I received a gift with a pretty fabric ribbon wrapped around it and used the ribbon in my thank you card to the person who gave me the gift.
I love a little rub on with my layout! I really love Topstitch and have some fun ideas for making cards. I like putting pictures in frames around and moving them to freshen the look up.
That is such a great idea to make a wall hanging with the felicity paper! How creative and beautiful it is.
I love ribbons and buttons; they always enliven a card or a layout. And I love rearranging the furniture in my house to spruce things up without spending money.
I love flowers... on my layouts and cards... they just scream: HAPPY!!
I love the transformation that distressing can have on a project, a scrapbook page, or any craft. My teenage daughter and friends have enjoyed transforming composition books by covering and decorating the covers to personalize them for journals.
I love to use weird little items and recycle them when I am scrapbooking or cardmaking, and make them look completely different from what they really are...for example, take bottle caps or some crazy little round metal pieces and make it look like flowers by adding a stem and leaves. It gives the project an eclectic quality, and when using the beautiful cardstock and papers offered by CTMH...WOW...it always comes out VERY unique, indeed! People stop and study my projects and say, "Now, what is this? And, how did you do that?" I just smile and say, "I'm keeping it green!" :)
I love the Felicity set...it came at just the right time of year to bring us out of the Winter blues and into the hope of Spring! The stamp set, especially the little bird stamp, and the beautiful papers can't help but lift one's spirit! Thanks CTMH! Your products are great! :)
I love to use weird little items and recycle them when I am scrapbooking or cardmaking, and make them look completely different from what they really are...for example, take bottle caps or some crazy little round metal pieces and make it look like flowers by adding a stem and leaves. It gives the project an eclectic quality, and when using the beautiful cardstock and papers offered by CTMH...WOW...it always comes out VERY unique, indeed! People stop and study my projects and say, "Now, what is this? And, how did you do that?" I just smile and say, "I'm keeping it green!" :)
I love the Felicity set...it came at just the right time of year to bring us out of the Winter blues and into the hope of Spring! The stamp set, especially the little bird stamp, and the beautiful papers can't help but lift one's spirit! Thanks CTMH! Your products are great! :)
I do watch those home makeover shows quite often in fact :) I've often wanted to try the "easy changes" that I've seen. Thise wall hanging is even easier than what I've seen on those shows! I thought it was a wooden plaque instead of just a 12x12 scrapbook page! This is so cool how easy you make these projects for us busy folks and take it to such a simplisticly beautiful work of art! Thanks CTMH!
I like to try and use some "found" items to create a card or embelish something. My favorite one is pretty flowered bags that I can add the right cardstock to and make a card that is one of a kind. I like to use some of my mom's old costume jewelry to accent a piece of needlework or make into a Christmas ornament. Tea bags and the wrap for a coffee cup are other favorite items to use. I also use these to alter tins and such. A piece of my grandma's handmade hardanger piece that is stained and torn will still embelish something fun. I think you get the idea....buttons off of clothes as well as lace and ribbon.
Chris R. from Iowa
My "tiny tweak" in papercrafting is to use Liquid Glass. It is a subtle but beautiful effect and it is always well remembered!!
It quite literaly "Pops" off the page.
felicity is perfect for a wall hanging grouping in my house, I have several...I NEED to play!
Someone said Liquid Glass, which I agree. But also find buttons and brads another great "tiny tweak" that are gorgeous anyways.
My Tiny Tweek are organziational shelves and baskets. I can't stop buying them - in all sizes. When things have a place to go, everything looks and feels better. Some are cheap-cheap, some are not - but they all do wonders for my household items and scrapbook supplies.
Lately, I've been taking pictures for the purpose of using them as backgrounds in my digital scrapbooking (for example, a rainbow, snow on an evergreen, christmas tree lights/decorations, autumn leaves, grass, bark, flowers, a favourite fabric ...). In traditional scrapping, I often edge my papers with ink or tear the paper so the white shows -- a little goes a long way! Michelle LB
I like to add paint, flowers and ribbon to craft/altered work to make it pop.
I make my own wall words with my Cricut and vinyl. It's such a cheap way to change the look of any room. You can change colors, fonts, styles for pretty close to nothing and they make such a statement!
I like to recycle things that would otherwise be thrown away. Another consultant posted an idea on dressing up our ribbon rounds containers with scraps of paper. After doing that, I like to fill them with chocolate Easter eggs and give them as a "thank you" for attending a Gathering or Workshop.
This isn't scrapbooky, but I just love using jars...pickle jars, canning jars, baby jars...anything for stashing items.
I love the Felicity collection. It amazes me how a few pieces of paper can turn into a piece of art.
My kids help me rearrange the living room furniture all the time. It helps break up the MN winters plus gives a new perspective.
Post a Comment