Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17: Bless Your Nest

We created this card to congratulate someone moving into a new home.
Homes are our sanctuaries, be they cottages or mansions, tents or castles. We’ve assembled a few quotes about homes and happiness, courtesy of quotelucy.com and quotegarden.com.

“The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.”
—Thomas Jefferson

“He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.”
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.”
—Robert Montgomery

“There’s nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.”
—Margaret Elizabeth Sangster

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.”
—George Moore

“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you.”
—Christian Morganstern

“Peace - that was the other name for home.”
—Kathleen Norris

“Where we love is home. Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.”
—Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

“Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.”
—Henry Van Dyke

What do you love about your personal sanctuary or your home? Leave a comment here and we’ll draw one winner to receive the Felicity Collection papercrafting kit. We’re doing the drawing every day this month, so come back tomorrow to see if you’ve won and to enter again!

173 comments:

CathyCrafts said...

I have just moved to a new home that is a true fixer upper, it was damaged by hurricane Ike. My daughter and I are enjoying working on it together~it will be our sanctuary

Dawn said...

ITs funny how you can't wait to go on vacation but then in the midst of travel, can't wait to get home.....

Cindy Vernon said...

My home was a real fixer upper too. I didn't have a kitchen for over 6 months and our master bathroom is still not finished and has become a storage room, 3 years later. But it's still home with lots of potential, or that's what I keep telling myself.

Rachel said...

Our home is a small farmhouse. I dont mind because it is cozy. It is filled with love, laughter and life. And besides.... I have less area to clean!

Nicole said...

My home is someplace where I feel like I can leave the outside world, well, outside and I can just be me and do what I want to do.

Unknown said...

My home is filled with kids, laughter, love, toys... it is where I feel safest, inspired, happy! When I think of home, I think of a place where I raise my children, take care of my family and am at peace.

Brendakaye said...

I LOVE MY HOME BEACAUSE IT IS SOMEWHERE YOU FEEL SAFE AND COMPLETE, I DON'T SEE THE THINGS WRONG BECAUSE IT IS MY SPECIAL PLACE SOMEWHERE I CAN BE MYSELF

Unknown said...

I love being home! A homebody for sure, we all have our own little areas that are our own. Mine is my scrap/craft area in the basement, I love it and have had to recently expand it to include a little scrap area for my daughter, she loves to scrap too!

Anonymous said...

What I love about my home, is my family. My favorite moments are when we are all together, husband, 12yr old son and 7 year old daughter. I love it when we are sitting at the dinner table sharing a nice meal and everyone sharing their day, talking and laughing. I love being a stay at home mom and taking care of my family.

Wendy K. said...

I love my home because it is my own and I like adding my own creations to personalize my space.

Mandy L. said...

We just moved into a new home 3 mos ago and it's finally feeling like home. We love it and hardly ever want to go anywhere. we just hang out here all weekend and we love it! And, now I have my own scrapbooking room that i want to live in 24/7. The kids even play in there with me. It's so peaceful and satisfying.

sandyh50 said...

My home is where I can go and do my scrapbooking and cardmaking! LOL! That's why I love it!

Anonymous said...

"Home is where your heart is" unknown author-- is the best way to describe how I feel about my home. My family gathers as often as we can. We have great love and discussion every day with our children, their wives, and our grandchildren. We take a lot of 1st's pictures of our grandchildren...that's why I still scrapbook! SandySec57@aol.com.

Karen said...

One of my favorite rooms in my house is my new scraproom--finally have everything I need out and accessible!

Jody said...

I love coming home because of the way it smells. Whether there's cookies baking, bread baking or a stew on the stove, it always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. If I didn't have to work, I'd be a hermit, lol!!!

Anonymous said...

My home is where I get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. My two favorite rooms are my stamping room and my kitchen. Laurie W. TX

Sheri M. from MN said...

I love my home because that is where my family is. I enjoy creating funny & fabulous memories in it. My favorite part would have to be my own little sanctuary...my scrapbook area in the lower level. Love it!

Cindy_K said...

Now that I live alone I can spend hours scrapbooking whenever and wherever I like ... that's my sanctuary. I'm a renter now so I'm always looking for tips on creating my scrapbooking/sewing space in the spare bedroom without putting nails in the wall LOL.

Anonymous said...

I love home because I love watching my sons play, I love spending time with my hubby. I love hearing the wildlife outside and seeing the trees rock in the wind or gather snow. Thanks, CTMH! Michelle LB

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

I love my home because it is my home--filled with love, my family, and my kitties! There is no place like home :).

Elaine Hollander said...

I love my home because it is mine. Nothing fancy but a place my family can call home.

Nina N said...

I love my home because I can sit back and relax and not worry about anything

Anonymous said...

Home is like comfort food, you can't get enough of it.

Sheila

Sherry Hawa said...

I love that our home is open to friends and family. That's what makes it home.

Haley D., the Inky Scrapper said...

Our home is my "getaway" place. We can stay in together as a family or go our separate ways inside, or we can open our doors to family and friend. We can be who we are.

Jenn said...

Besides my craft room, my favorite place in my home is my big chaise - one of my dogs cuddles up with me and I completely relax.

Denise said...

Our home is our personality. We got it and the day we moved in we started gutting it and redoing everything our style! We love having company and having a nice clean organized area is essential when you have limited space!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I love my home because it's a place where I can relax and spend time with family and friends. My craft room allows me the freedom of creativty.
Stacey Gibbs

Unknown said...

Home is where the heart is, fits me to a tee, this is my belief because that is where my family is. At holidays I like everyone come to our house to celebrate. Monica

Geri Conley said...

My home is not just my house, which I love. It is my neighbors and the small community where we live. Home is where I say I am from when I meet new people.

Brittany said...

I love my home because it's where my family is. ♥ There's so much love in my house and it's always nice to come home to a house filled with love.

Anonymous said...

I love my home because it is a place where I can just be me. Have been working on getting my craft room organized so I can be more creative.

Anonymous said...

Home to me means family and all the memories we've made here. I still consider my parent's house where I grew up home as well and can find it as a sanctuary if needed. We've done a ton of remodeling to our quaint little abode, so it really is ours in every sense and one of our projects was building a scrap room. When I'm not making memories in the house, I'm scrapping them in my new room. It depends on my mood as to which room is my favorite at the time but I love sitting in my Papasan chair in the front room to relax and veg...

Cheri Hill said...

I love my home because it is mine. It's a place for our family to come together and just enjoy each other.

Rosalynd Kelly said...

My "sanctuary" is my scrappbooking room in my home. It is totally my space to do what I want in. I love being at home with my family, doing things together, especially in the winter when we tend to just "cocoon" ourselves indoors.

Scrapjoy said...

I love our home because it is where we can come through the door and be greeted with the love of our dogs. I couldn't imagine home without them!

Unknown said...

I love my home because it is filled with my favorite people: my DH and 5 fun kids :)

Laura said...

I love my home because it is filled with my favorite things. My books, crafts and music. It also has a killer view.

Laura

Unknown said...

Home is where my family is..

Anonymous said...

Our home is our sanctuary where we can all come home at the end of the day and kick up our heels. It is our next of safety and place to be real with one another.
Kristi Clair

Jamie Jay said...

I like home where you are free to be yourself and can do whatever you wish to do and are surrounded by your favorite people and your favorite things.

Unknown said...

I love the warmth and coziness of my home, especially on rainy, cold days like this one.

Elaine said...

I enjoy being home and relaxing with my family.

Shannon said...

I love the sanctuary of my home. We live in the middle of 80 acres, and have privacy, and room to invite others into our home.
Shannon

Michelle H. said...

I love that I can look out any of my back windows and see the lake. The water is so calming and peaceful. No motors are allowed, so it is always quiet.

Unknown said...

I love the sound of laughter found within my home.

Nathan Jay said...

It's where I'm most relaxed and most loved.

Jessica said...

I love that it is warm and inviting and comfortable to be in! A great place to hang out all day long or to come back home to.

Krista Heres said...

One of the things I love about my home is coming home to my dog. Even when I was single, I was never alone because the dogs were also SO happy that mommy was home. I love that sense of welcome when I walk in the door. I also love the comfort of a place where you can speak freely and dress comfortably! :-) My husband and I often shout to each other in the next room "I love you" just to remind each other that we values the other's presence in our home and in our life.

LARAINE said...

Right now, I'd say that I really like the scrap area in my basement.

Debbie said...

I love my home because all of our family memories are here. We bought this home the year our daughter was born and it is the only home she has known. It is a place we can be ourselves and do all the fun things we love to do such as card making and scrapbooking.

marlene said...

My home, now an empty nest, is happy when my kids and grandkids are in it!

Becky said...

I Love my home. It's where I am truly the happiest. My family, home and friends are what makes my life rich. I love coming home to my little pets who greet me with such warmth and affection.

Lisa said...

Home is where my scrap supplies are!

Anonymous said...

Having sent my oldest off to college this past fall! I have a new appreciation for our nest! We were fortunate to be able to set our little bird up in an apartment nest or her own with some other great birds! I look forward to the weekends when she homes come! This momma bird will not kick her baby bird out of the nest anytime soon.

farmmom310
jbjlelmore@embarqmail.com

qsogirl said...

I am so happy to be home-- and home is anywhere that my husband is, too. I feel safe, and at peace in my home. We will be moving in the coming year, and I"m looking forward to our new adventure together!

Ro Maxwell said...

Home....lived in, comfortable, one of my favorite places in the world. It is the place where we can relax and the kids can play. My favorite place is probably the kitchen. I cook tons and do my scrapbooking there. You can only imagine the messes I make.

Terrie Mathison said...

I love my home as it is filled with my family!

Julie said...

Our home is a great place to escape the outside world. We've never been happier then in our new home.

Shannon Minner said...

We've been in our new house 2 months now. These are some great quotes. I can't wait to use the "Sweet Home" line of products to scrapbook the pictures of our new house!

Unknown said...

My favorite place to be is my home because my family is there.

Trishkj said...

I've learned that my "home" is where my family is. We moved from NY to MN and from owning the home of my dreams to living in a parsonage - a house provided for us, no choice involved. But, while the place we live our lives in has changed dramatically, my family has not changed! They are as wonderful and loving as ever.

Semi Granola Mom said...

A place to have no worries of judgement, that is my home :)
~C

Unknown said...

The place to be is home. Where I can see memories, family and bits of the future.

Barb K

Michele said...

I am such a home body. I love it when my family is all home and we are spending time together.

Darlys said...

Home is where I can relax, feel secure, and know I'm loved.

Denise G said...

My house is rustic in theme. Our subdivision was built on ranch land and we have mountains all around... very pretty place to live. We are a household of faith...... God is our foundation that our home is built upon. We thank Him daily for the blessings, good/bad He has given us.

Felicia C. said...

My home is where my family is and nothing on earth is better than that!

Anna said...

For me there nothing like going back "home" to my parents, the home of my childhood. I can truly relax and feel calm, refreshed and inspired. It was where life was simple, carefree & innocent.
But always for me.... home is where the heart is!

Me Again said...

We love our home, our town, our neighborhood. We moved here a few years ago from closer in to the city. Living in this small town has had so many advantages already, and we feel more at home here after 3 years than after 20 where we used to live. We're still working on fixing up the house so it's how we want it - full of things that remind us of the happy times of our lives and our family and friends.

triciagall said...

Reminds me of how blessed I am.

Stephanie said...

I love my home because I am on my own schedule when I walk in the door! I have peace and tranquility and my family. I am very fortunate to live in a beautiful home, with many natural assetts . I love to work on my garden or hang by my pool . I dont even need to go on holidays, I love my home so much!

Cheryl said...

I'm lucky enough to have 2 homes and while each is different- they both reflect me and my tastes... each of them however is only a house until they are filled with friends and family- that is when they become homes!

Teresa said...

Due to my husbands job we move a lot, and I love the house we now have. I grew up on a farm but my husband is a city boy. Our house gives us the best of both words. While we live in an urban area, an undeveloped wooded area complete with coyotes and other critters is right across the street. Plus, because we have so many trees in our yard, we have the feeling of living in the country. Perfect!

Cheryl said...

Home is where I can truly be myself, and where I'm surrounded by the people I love! :)

Hey look- two Cheryls on at the same time! :)

-Cheryl S. (WA)

Sonya said...

Our home is not a place, but our FAMILY: my self, my husband, and our son Joey. As a military family, we are always on the move. We've lived in 13 different houses in 15 years, so our memories of home are different than most. I may not remember what house or what state we were in when the memory took place, but I will always remember the feeling that came with the special moments of being together as a FAMILY. That's what makes our HOME unique, because it doesn't matter WHERE it is, only that we're together. FAMILY...that's home to me!

Amy Ulen said...

In The House on Mango Street, Esperanza is reminded that home is in the heart. My sense of family and tradition creates a home, not the house in which we live. Where ever my family resides...that is HOME!

Karen said...

My favorite room in our home is the sun room. We added in a few years ago and it lets in a lot of light. I'm in the middle of changing it to my scraproom.

Janette said...

Home is where my family is... nuff said =).

Unknown said...

I do not like my HOUSE- but it is a home where we are all comfortable inspite of its unorganized chaos. Clean enough to not get us sick and sloppy enough to just be realxed.
All my son's have friends that leave their luxury homes to hang out with us at our place!

Sheila H said...

I totally love my home - our empty nest! And while the entire house is special to me, my craft room is my favorite room. I never thought I would have a room all to myself, but now I do. It's bright and sunny with 4 windows. It's definitely a work in progress, but it brings me much happiness.

Tracie C. said...

To me, my home (sanctuary) isn't about the building (we too are currently in a fixer upper)...it's about who's in it - my husband, my family, my dogs. Where ever they are, that is where my heart is & what I love the most.

NOa said...

In my house I most of all love my family when someone is not present the house, all of us miss on it, it would not be desirable to sleep or eat without it at all, therefore my house - when everything when I love, at home!
Home, sweet home!

Juliet A said...

Home is where I can be all alone and still be happy.

Cupcake Stamper said...

A house is built with wood and nails and a home is built with love and family! I love my home it is amongst family on our family farm, it is cozy and ours just the right size I even have a scrapbook and stamp studio all to myself upstairs!

Unknown said...

I love the people who reside in my home. My husband and two children are what makes our home a home.

Unknown said...

Our home is my haven. I love coming home to my babies after a long day at work. It is nothing fancy, but there's no place I'd rather be!

Nicole Jay said...

I love our home because it contains all of my favorite things. If you think about it, home is a creation in itself. An outlet for creativity. every home is different and the people in the home create the atmosphere. :)

Roberta Dermody said...

My home is anything I want it to be. A place I can go to find peace and quiet or I can entertain friends and family. I can decorate or not.A place filled w/memories. A place to feel comfortable when the outside world is not. I guess that is where the saying comes from "Home Sweet Home".

Korine said...

I love the peace I feel when I am in my home! The cares of the outside world disappear, and when it's our family all together, we have such a great time. We don't have to do anything big, but just a fun game night and a bowl of popcorn can keep us happy for a very long time!

ilovepink said...

Home is my favorite place to be. I love the days when I can lounge in sweats, drink tea, scrapbook, and have nowhere else to go!

sue said...

We just moved into a new home and what I love about it is the backyard. It is fenced and has a porch swing. I love to just sit and swing and watch the kids play, knowing that they are safe and that we can sit and enjoy the beautiful weather together.

sgoodbrand said...

We are in the middle of renovating, I sure appreciate my home! No one else knows all the nooks and crannies, and that it took me 5 hours today to clean off carpet glue from 5 stairs. When those 5 stairs are painted and look fabulous no one will notice them, but every time I walk up and down I will remember how much time and effort went into them. Now onto the rest of the house....

Anonymous said...

I love the secure feeling that my home represents to me.

Gina Stockfisch

Maggi said...

WE moved into a new house a year and half ago. I have a wonderful scrappy room next to my laundry and really near the kitchen. And I have a great place to groom my poodles. What more do I need?? Love my house and the family that visits me here.

Shauna said...

I love my scrapbook room!

monicac said...

I have 3 favorite homes-the home where I live with my husband and family, my home where I gre up and my in-law's where my husband grew up. The latter 2 are out of state and we don't get there that often, but when we do I feel all the love and memories beginning to surround me. I hope our children feel the same as they move away.

Lisa Shemko said...

My home is a comfortable place to be. My family is with me and I get to be away from the craziness of work.

Unknown said...

My home is where the family gets together on Christmas and the holidays. The grandchildren come in and out to visit. Home is family.

Julie said...

My home has a lot of character. It was built in 1890 and still has some of the origional woodwork, which makes it beautiful. However it isn't fragile so I don't worry about it when my kids get wild when we all play together.

StacyC said...

I too love my home... My fave place is in the master bedroom where I have my scrap space.... When my kids are home (they are both grown)I love to be together with them...

Simonetta Bois (Simmie) said...

It's filled with everything I love.

AmandaKay said...

My sanctuary at home would most definitely have to be my Lay-Z-Boy recliner in my craft room where I breastfeed my baby girl! I became a scrapbooker during my pregnancy with her and my hobby took off FAST!...It's the place I spend most of my time enjoying her and being inspired in my creative haven!

Carolann said...

Home.. I love being home and love having people in my home...we love people dropping in...ah...home...we love it!

Joy said...

My home is my personal sanctuary and I love it - I have a wonderful view and the most cozy thing I know to do is sit with a cup of hot tea and watch snowflakes fall outside!

CarrieB said...

I love my scrapbook room - I hate to say it - I love my family but my fave time is alone at night in my scrapbook room with an audio book playing in the background, a vanilla candle burning and an ice water in my cup holder!!

Anonymous said...

Home is the place to be yourself and where your family loves you no matter what kind of cookie person you may be.

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

We are in the process of building right now--and in our new home, I will have my own, spacious scrap space! Thanks for the quotes on "home". I'll be using some when I do a layout of ours!

Kelli U said...

I love that I can spread my stuff out and that when I look around I can appreciate the space we remodeled ourselves and enjoy the touches of home that make it mine.

KimberleyG said...

Coming home to my dogs; they are always happy to see me no matter what kind of day either of us has had.

Patti B. said...

Home is where I can BE MYSELF, whatever that is at the moment!

Travis Jay said...

Home is where most of my life is spent...that's where I eat (most of the time), that's where I sleep, that's where my family plays and creates!

Jennifer said...

I love spending quality time at home with my daughter!

Barbra Otten said...

I love that it's near the shore of Lake Michigan!

Dawn said...

Our home is such a sanctuary to me because it symbolizes family time filled with wonderful memories of my husband, our children, and pets. On the cosmetic side of things, my dear husband is so tolerant of my crafting obsession that I am surrounded by my creative inspiration. He converted a bedroom into a crafting haven complete with Close to My Heart colors of petal, sweet leaf, and crystal blue.

Anonymous said...

I love my home: a place for family and friends to gather.

fl7holt said...

Home is my sanctuary where faith and family connect; doesn't get any better than this

Michelle said...

Home is where my family is at, where there are memories of my kids, and where I can be myself!

Nicole Steele said...

I love that all the things I love most are in my home. I love that I can isolate myself from the world in my home.

Anonymous said...

I love how peaceful I feel at home. No matter what is going on in my life, as soon as I walk through the door, I feel calm.

Helen Van Daalen said...

I love our home because it is our first one and we have renovated and fixed it up to suit us

Anonymous said...

Home is where the people are that I love! It is where I can be me, where I can welcome friends and family! There is no place like home!

Anonymous said...

My home, well, I can't say I really love it but I do like it and enjoy it. There are several things that need to be fixed in the house which will help. Plus. I need to get my craft room organized to use - it has boxes from when we moved 3+ years ago still sitting there. Some of the stuff if from my parents after they died so that makes it hard to go through. I do love coming home to my dogs though after working. My husband is away working during the week so having two tails wagging and so pleased I am home, makes it home!

Chris R. from Iowa

Anonymous said...

My home is where "the family" meets. Brothers, sisters, cousins, daughters, sons friends, etc. Home is my haven... I feel like God has blessed me with it so I can share it!

Michelle Smith @smishell59@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love my home because it has pictures everywhere of my family that I can look at and bring back all kind of memories. And the new addition to the house that my loving husband built for me, my scrapbooking loft!

MrsSuzyQ said...

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.(John Howard Payne) Our kitchen table is one part of my home I love. The best things are said, created and enjoyed there. Food, Discussions, family meetings, games, Scrapbooking and school work.Amidst laughter and tears.. be it so humble; my wooden table.

Penne said...

I really like to be in my home. My dad built this home when I was young.

Unknown said...

I love it when all is quiet and peaceful - then I hear the little steps of my daughters!

aggie said...

I love that my home has plenty of room for guests and that it's warm and welcoming:)

Heidi said...

am a big fan of Close to my Heart! I love the Little Man layout and look forward to making it myself and filling in with pictures of my little man! I look through the new catalog every day and seem to see something new every day too. Thanks CTMH!

Arlene B. said...

home is where we go to be ourselves and be comforted.

Lori L said...

What do I love about my house... that it's all mine and I can do with it what I want. That means I have two full craft rooms and can leave projects out for days without having anyone or anything mess them up!

Lisa W said...

What I love about my home is it is the house that my husband's father and grandfather helped build. It is also in the country with lots of room for family gatherings.

Corrie said...

I love that my home is my safe place from the rest of the world. I can relax and be with my family.

Rebecca Landin-Smith said...

I love my home because it is where our family shares life. During the day we are separate from each other and all come together at home. I love dinners together, playing games, the warm colors, and my tremendously comfortable King size bed.

Lora said...

I love that my home is filled with laughter, love and lots of fun memories. It's a place that we feel secure and can just be ourselves.

Megan said...

We bought our first house lass than a year ago. Its still being fixed up (it was a short sale and needed a lot of love) but my boys are small and this will be the house they grpw up in. I love it!

Michelle said...

This verse from Psalm 91:1, "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.", has been mulling around in my head for the past few months. It is so incredible when you stop to think about what this verse means. We don't use the word, "dwelling place" very often, but it means HOME. The Lord has been/wants to be our HOME. This is a powerful word. It conjures up all kinds of word pictures and emotions in me. When I think about what the word HOME, I envision it as a place I go to
.... find comfort
.... find companionship and a place of belonging
.... find shelter and safety
.... find relief from the stresses of life
.... find nourishment
.... find rest

The Lord wants to be all this for me! But I must choose to go "home" to Him often in order for Him to be able to meet all these needs for me.

Teri Baxter said...

We move a lot and so we've lived in many houses... some of them small, some quirky, some cozy & beautiful. I have discovered that what really makes our house a home is knowing that my family can create wonderful memories no matter where we are. It's filled with love, laughter & God in our hearts.

Crystal Pledger said...

Warm rich colors that are inviting and cozy. Especially when the fire place is roaring.

Lynn said...

Thanks for all the great card ideas for new homes, appreciate the ideas.

Anonymous said...

I love being able to stay in on a cold winters day & enjoy the beauty of God's creation while warm & cozy. Karen in IL

Myra Grodzuik said...

I love my home when I don't have to leave it! I really am a home body. I love to spend time in the morning throwing my puppy's toys for him and playing crib with my hubby then I get to spend time in my inner sanctuary (scrap room!!) Yes I love to stay at home just hanging out!

Anonymous said...

I love my home because of who I share it with! I have the most amazing view both inside and out. It is the quiet most relaxing place on earth! <3

Nalazoo said...

I love being able to kick off my shoes, snuggle with my puppy and enjoy the company & love from my family.

Debbie Taylor said...

Growing up a military brat and then being an active duty service member, moving from place to place, you come to realize, home is wherever you are and the people there with you. What I love best in my home today, are the dear faces that greet me each morning, my family. I cherish them.

Hanna Ahn said...

My home is where I can be me. No pretenses, no facades - just me, and be accepted for it.

JoanneR said...

Home is a safe place - away from all the pressures of life!

Holly said...

I love my home! It is a place where there is much love and warmth. I can be me!

Elizabeth H said...

Home is your place where you can relax and enjoy it with the ones you love. Home is what you make of it.

Marji Clubine said...

I love the quotes you posted about home! I LOVE to use quotes in my scrapbook.

I love my home - it is filled with girly laughter and singing all day long.

Shirley said...

My sanctuary is our home on a 35 acre farm in the country. I have a scrap room on the third floor next to the attic that my husband allowed me to add on when we were designing our dream home. I love going up there to get away from the world! I love spending time with my pretty "stuff". It's so peaceful up here all by myself! I try to keep it off limits to my children and husband because it is my space! I always feel happy when I am in my hobby room.

Pam said...

I love my home for the joy it brings me in getting to be a stay at home mom and experience all of my two sons wonders and newnesses (sp?) of the world. I am very greatful to my wonderful husband for providing us with this wonderful home and being so supportive in my staying home and in supporting the wonderful friendships I have gained through scrapbooking! I also do love "home" that is the only other place I have ever lived, and that is in Oklahoma where all of our family lives! We are approx. 1300 miles away from them up here in Montana, but when we make a trip back to Oklahoma, no matter the changes there it is always home as well!

Anonymous said...

I just left my husband and moved into my new home this last week. It s not in the best area of our twon but when i am inside I feel safe and warm from the world. This home will help me to save and get my life back together. I was happy the first time I walked through the doors. Even though it is small My children love it and we were able to turn one room into an office/ scrap room!!
Jessica Dunne jesed@comcast.net

AZconservativeMOM said...

Home is where I can 'let it all hang out!' Home is where I hear my children laugh. Home is where my husband and I create a loving atmosphere to raise those laughing children! And, home is where we we love each other even when we are NOT laughing.

Deb on the Web said...

I love my home because I can finally ""turn off" after a tough day at my job, relax, and let my brain de-stress with some creativity.

Unknown said...

I love my home because we have the most comfortable bed (most of the time including our 2 children) to sleep in.

Anonymous said...

My home is a haven from outside pressures, a place of comfort, and a place to have fun playing cards, ping pong, dice. We enjoy others' company here often with good food and fellowship. My extensive family loves to come and stay overnight at our non-commercial "bed and breakfast" -- they say they sleep so well here. I'm blessed to have such a happy home.
Nanceeq, CO

Lynaya said...

I love the size of my house. It is a small house that we are quickly out growing, but we have plenty of laughing, fighting, and togetherness.

The Lungos said...

We just moved into our home and love the light. All day there is great light from sunrise in the kitchen to sunset in den. It is warm and natural and inviting!

Amanda

Kerry J said...

We are in the middle of moving house and there's a tug of sadness to leave the house where so many wonderful things have happened. This is our daughter's first home! But looking to the future I know that home is more than a dwelling its memories captured forever in your heart with the people that make your house a home.

Tara said...

I am grateful to have a place to call home. Many people aren't as fortunate and do not even have a home. I am happy to have a home to make memories with my family and children.

KellyC said...

Home is my sanctuary because it's where I'm surrounded by those I hold dearest--my family. There's no place I'd rather be.

LyaL. said...

Even though we're living in a rental apartment, it's what I call home because of my lovely family. No matter how small it can be, it's always where we can rest and share our life together.
Lya Lin

Celeste Hull said...

In the winter I find it very hard to leave my house and home. So I am very glad I love being here. When we bought our home nine years ago we were careful to pick the perfect one for our needs. The size, layout, and location is perfect. Looking out the front we see over part of our little town, and see the mountains in the background. Looking out my scrapbooking room we see the green belt, a few houses and the towering mountains. For entertainment I can watch our little neighbourhood squirrel. She is a blast to watch. A few months ago I turned my master bedroom into my scrapbooking room, and the little scrapbooking into my bedroom. It is great. In the summer I am out and about more, but my favourite room is my scrapbooking room. The only thing that is missing are pets. The most enjoyment I have in my home is when the our three grandchildren come out to visit. All three are now in school so they do not come out as much as they use to. But it is great when the are able to come out to visit.

Randy said...

I love my home because it is the most comfortable place - I do what I enjoy in my home!

Lisa J. said...

The best thing about our home is it's where the whole family comes together!

Unknown said...

I love that everytime I walk into my house I feel relaxed, calm and ready to take on whatever happens. Plus, it helps that I am fortunate enough to have my own scrapping/stamping room that lets me create at all hours of the day and night!!

JHopkins said...

We moved into our home two years ago this month. What do I love most? I got my first real scrap room. :D

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

I love my house...but most of all i love my scrap room...I can go there and no one will bug me. It's great when you need a bit of time to yourself.

Tara said...

I just love my house - I love that it is my home - where I can come and be with my family after a long day (or week) at work. I love that it will eventually be the way I would like it to be.

Anonymous said...

This year, my youngest went to kindergarten, and I overcommitted all my "free" time, so when there is a day I get to stay home, I LOVE it. We eat together, work together, and play together. My kids love to be home too, which I hope means I'll see them a lot after they go to college.

Julie A said...

This year, my youngest went to kindergarten, and I overcommitted all my "free" time, so when there is a day I get to stay home, I LOVE it. We eat together, work together, and play together. My kids love to be home too, which I hope means I'll see them a lot after they go to college.

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.