Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 6: Handmade Gift Idea: Recipe Holder (a Step-by-Step Tutorial)

Christmas might be over, but you’ve got a whole year’s worth of birthdays and holidays coming. This project is a quick and easy gift that you can keep on hand for any gift-giving opportunities that sneak up on you.


Here’s a list of raw materials:

Felicity Collection
Barn Red Exclusive Inks® Pad
Cocoa Exclusive Inks® Pad
Garden Green Exclusive Inks® Pad
My Creations™ Display Album
HeartFelt™ Wonder
Bitty Sparkles
Sponge

And here are the instructions, step-by-step:

1. Cover the display album with background and textured or what we call B&T Duos® paper. We gently removed the album covers from the binding in order to cover the entire surface. Then we used a craft knife to cut holes for the binding. You can also just cover the front of the album without covering the part with the album rings.
2. Adhere a piece of die-cut B&T paper to the front of the album. We sponged the edges with Cocoa ink.
3. Stamp “Favorite Recipes” and the flourish image with Cocoa ink. You can double stamp to get a really dark image, if desired.
4. Stamp bird image in Barn Red ink and leaves in Garden Green ink. Trim. Attach Bitty Sparkle to bird’s eye. We sponged the edges of all the images with Cocoa ink.
5. Adhere felt branch over flourish stamp. Use 3-D foam tape to adhere bird and leaf images. The foam tape is the “secret ingredient” that makes the stamped images match the depth of the felt.

One of the fun things about papercrafting is that you can take everyday, functional objects (like recipe holders) and turn them into works of art. Have you ever decorated something functional using papercrafting supplies? Do you use it more or less because of its handcrafted nature? Tell us and be entered to win a Felicity Collection, complete with B&T paper and stamps. We’ll be continuing the daily drawing through the end of the month, so come back every day in January!

289 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 289   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

I have decorated many things with paper. Most recently a small box for my sister to keep her nursing school notes in. She uses it everyday.

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Oh my--that is so cute! I like to decorate composition books and I use them!! They are also nice as gifts.

Karen said...

I haven't altered anything, but i really enjoy looking at the things that others have done, consultant Barbra Otten altered new empty paint cans as gift holders, they were really pretty. She even manned some up and put in gifts like power tools, etc.

Crazy Busy Mom said...

Love the recipe idea!! Great gift!

Crystal Pledger said...

I have altered lots of things. Comp books with matching pens, binder clips, post it note holders, clip boards, picture frames, and desk accessories are a few. I use them all the time.

Becky Sorensen said...

I love to alter things - I have used the plastic frosting containers, recycle tin boxes- big and small - composition books, journals - it is fun to take ordinary things and make them pop with color!

Anonymous said...

I did an altered Roladex, which I use everyday. I have some plans for altering a jewelry box, though I have a feeling that will be more of a display item than something I use each day.

Paige Dolecki said...

I love to alter little boxes by spiffing them up with my paper crafting supplies. The thing I use the most often are my newly blinged up scissors. I used a metal charm tag, rubons, mini sparkles and ric-rac and now have a pair I'll be able to find on the table even when I have a bunch of people over!

Paige

Nalazoo said...

I love altering notebooks, composition books and boxes. I use them all the time!

Amy said...

I have altered a roladex that I use to keep track of Birthdays. Hinged boxes for cards, picture frames for dry erase boards. I just love making everyday things more beautiful. I love the recipe book!

Terri Pease said...

This is perfect, as I've been looking for a "model" recipe booklet project for some time!

Lorrinda said...

I cover my tissue boxes, they are usually so ugly and I have one in every room that I hate to look at, so I covered them to match the decor. Much better!

Tracy said...

What a great recipe book...and a wonderful gift for a new bride or new home. I alter many things, but my favorite seem to be my daily To Do lists. I find that more things get put on them, and checked off too when they are pretty! I also get to use up paper scraps. The Comments Stamp Set is wonderful for my lists!

Unknown said...

I've altered an "altoids" tin - covering it with papers and ribbons, and put wallet-sized pictures in it. Great purse-sized photo album to show off pictures of those cute kids and grand-kids!

Semi Granola Mom said...

Homemade journals are totally used more then regular ones :)
~C

Korine said...

The two things that I have altered that I use the most are: composition notebooks, which I have given away in presentations I am doing, made up as journals, etc. The other thing I have done a lot of is dry erase boards using a picture frame that I like and 'scrapbooking' the insides to match whatever decor I need it for. These have made great housewarming gifts and gifts for new moms.

Leonore said...

So, from a new paper crafter to those who have done these projects, what do you do to protect these from the wear and tear of usage? Is there a coating that can be put on that will extend the life of the object?

Jessica said...

I love to alter things and do it alot! This recipe book is adorable!

Tracey Jean said...

I love the look, but have yet to work up the nerve to alter something. However, with these step by step instructions, I may just give it a try. Thanks for breaking it down and making it seem less difficult than I imagined.

Tammi C. said...

I have just started experimenting working on other projects with paper, but I am very proud of my first projects. I made goody jars for dog treats to give to family members for Christmas. I covered plastic containers with "doggy" paper. Everyone loved them, especially the pets!

Lisa Shemko said...

Nice project! I like seeing different ways that embellishments can be used.

Patty Williams said...

How cute is that !

Barbara H said...

I enjoy altering things and love this example!

Unknown said...

I have used my CTMH paper and accessories to cover theme/notebooks. They are great gifts for teenage girls.

Barb K

Katie H said...

I am a teacher and my mom altered a clipboard for me to use at school. I use it almost every day and think of her when I see it!

Scraps4C said...

I have looked @ an everyday items and thought how much nicer they would be altered, but am not brave yet to put my ideas to work... however I am getting inspired!!

Erin said...

I haven't papercrafted any everyday items, but have lots of ideas stacking up, and now the recipe holder.

hotfudgesunday said...

I have two wooden frames that I have altered using paper, rub-ons & cut outs from the Cricut. I have them on my kitchen island and get lots of compliments on both of them. I am looking forward to experimenting w/ new techniques this year.

Unknown said...

I decorate empty, unused paint cans for men's gifts of Lowes or Home Depot gift cards.

Trishkj said...

I haven't altered many things, but might start with this cute project! Thanks so much!

Wendy K. said...

I love to use my craft supplies to decorate everyday items. It makes them a bit more fun to use.

Kim Germane said...

I just love the receipe book...thanks for sharing with all of us. I love to read your post, CTMH has so many great ideas. You ROCK!

carmen s in sandy, utah said...

Darling recipe book! Love the colors!

Kelly said...

I love to use papercrafting on my checkbook cover. Most of us don't write checks anymore, but I do keep my debit card and cash in my checkbook. Then when I use my debit card or cash people always ask about the cover. What a great way to tell others about CTMH. I have done the My Creations Display album as a calendar, but I LOVE the recipe idea. What a great 6x6 swap to do with friends!

Unknown said...

As a teacher there are many things I use scrapbook paper to decorate. I've decorated my bulletin boards and file folders with pretty paper. I've even cut-out large letters with cardstock to make titles on my bulletin boards and black boards!

Celeste Hull said...

That is a lovely book. I love the little bird.

I have altered a few things. I have a number of projects waiting to be altered. On is a wood calender I found at a flea market. Still deciding what paper to use.

Unknown said...

This is way cute. I would love to create this and put on my counter when cooking.
Thanks!!

Julie said...

I've altered a lot of things, but my favorite to do are holiday decos. It's a cheap idea to cover a picture frame with holiday papers. I've also done advent calendar for Christmas.

Kevin Renz said...

I love to alter or make boxes... they are always functional.

Elaine Hollander said...

I actually did one of the my creations albums for my mom, I just give her new pages each year.

Parchey Family said...

I love a recipe book idea. I already thinking of ideas for next Christmas. Angie

triciagall said...

I have decorated composition notebooks for my nephew and son. They loved the stamped images that were specific to their likes.

Rachel Carter said...

So cute. I just finished my daughter's "Thank You" cards for her birthday party using my Close To My Heart stamps. They turned out so cute. Can't wait to get started on Valentines Day cards.

Kristine F. said...

OMG! This is too cute! I can't wait to get my hands on Felicity so I can lift this! Excellent idea!

Joan S said...

Our group of scrappers have been wanting to make a recipe book and this project looks perfect. The recipe holder and the Felicity papers are sooo cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the recipe book! My daughter just got married and this would be perfect to pass on some of the family recipes to her.

Sherry Hawa said...

I have altered journals, boxes, and a clipboard. Everything is always so much cuter with a little CTMH paper and embellishments on it!!

Sheila H said...

What a cute idea for a very thoughtful gift!

Laura said...

I love this little Recipe holder It would make a great gift for hard to buy for friends.

Laura

Christina said...

I like to alter notebooks, binders and composition books. Who says office supplies have to be boring? :)

Unknown said...

My sister-n-law scrapped me a calander for Christmas. I loved it! Shortly after I started scrapping. I love adding little touches to things.

Amy Gehring said...

I have altered wooden frames and coasters, nothing too exciting! Love this recipe book and love the paper!

Unknown said...

I love this project!! I have also covered and decorated journals, small notebooks, binder clips, tin cans to name a few. I love being able to recycle and the fun of decorating unusual objects and then make them into a useful piece.

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

I have made a couple handcrafted items for myself like decorating my address book and my day planner. I find that when I do things like that I don't want to give them away, lol. Just like when I make cards I always need to make 2 so I'll have one for my self lol, crazy I know.

Dakotacrafts said...

So cute! What a great idea! I have a few people in mind who would love this.

Helen Van Daalen said...

I have not used my scrapbooking supplies to decorate something functional. I do have intentions of trying this one day because there have been many wonderful examples of functional items turned lovely with paper in your catalogues.

KerryJ said...

This would be a perfect gift to give to someone "leaving the nest"! Filled with all of mom's recipes of her offsprings favourites!

Unknown said...

I altered tiles this Christmas for gifts. That is what I love about scrapbooking products, finding new uses for them. Thanks to CTMH for all the new ideas. Monica

Denise said...

I have altered notebooks and do use them more just because they are cute. Also done the matching pen.

Thanks for the chance!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

M&M Fox said...

Such a great idea! I love it! I always see people who spice things up with paper crafts and wish that I could be that talented. I've never tried it, but I've thought about it a lot.

Melissa

Embley Veronica said...

Once you start altering stuff, everything seems to become alterable. Why keep your ATC's in a boring old box when it can be covered in paper, ribbons, die cuts, and charms? A metal file box becomes a cute handbag after it's collaged with photographs of my pet rats. :) The possibilities are endless.

Carolann said...

I am working on a jewelery box with my daughter now... alter and embellish! How fun it that!

Anonymous said...

I haven't started altering things yet but love all the great ideas. There are a lot of wonderful, creative people working with CTMH and I am making a notebook of future projects.

Vicki Wizniuk said...

This is awesome. Love the colour combo, too!

Unknown said...

This is so cool! My sisters have been asking me to share recipes - this would be a perfect birthday gift!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I'll keep this in mind for future projects.

Susan Bebich said...

My daughter gave me a picture of her girls in a plain frame to get it home safely. I plan to alter the picture frame. Thanks for the great ideas

Anonymous said...

Love this little album, I have been planning on doing a recipe book for sometime now, this just may be the thing I was looking for. I have altered many items like, boxes, picture frames, albums etc. LOVE IT!!!!

Unknown said...

great gift idea!

KathyK. said...

I'm not sure if I use something more that's been "decorated" but I know that I have it out and visable!!

Donna said...

Love this idea! I did a recipe swap with some scrapbooking friends and use it as a sample when I am a vendor at crops! Great Idea!

Corrie said...

I created a post it holder with a calender using a upside down plastic frame. I kept it at my desk and many people would ask where I got it.

Melinda said...

I love home made gifts that shows more thought then just going to the store and for me it is a lot cheaper.

sgoodbrand said...

What a great idea!! I love to make different papercraft or stamped christmas gifts for family every year and this may be next year's gift for the grandma's!!

Mary E. said...

I alter notebooks,composition books and picture frames. I have altered a notebook for my granddaughter and she just loves it. I give them as gifts and use them myself as well.

Michele said...

If I dont like the way something looks I will alter it the best I can.

Kellen's Mom said...

Very cute for your homemade recipes!

Joyce said...

I have made many things using our B&T paper and acrylic stamps. One of them is an identifying marker. Basically I wrap around a toothpick with a small piece of B&T paper, stick the paper together so that it becomes "flag-like". Then I stamp the initials of my guests on the "flag". I made a bunch of them for each guests. It is good for finger food, or just decoration.

Debbie said...

That is very cute! I may just have to try that on my current receipe book, which is just a three ring binder. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

great idea - I'm not into scrapbooking YET but have some ideas floating around in my head. I have made lots of cards and I love that so maybe this recipe card thing would be a good place to start
thanks
DEE

Anonymous said...

love the idea. My family is discussing doing nothing but home made gifts next year. Anything from baked or canned items, to crafted to gifts of time ie. car detailing. This type of project would fit in wonderfully with that concept.

Janice from Winnipeg

Karen said...

My most favourite thing to alter but isn't a functional thing is wooden letters. I make as gifts to decorate rooms.

I have done some composition books as well and I am sure that it does increase their use from the plain black items they were before.

Unknown said...

I took a cardboard produce box I had bought peaches in at the farmer's market, and covered it in patterned paper (the fun new Christmas paper packet from CTMH) and filled it with treats for a Christmas gift!
Shannon From Columbia MO

Unknown said...

I have altered Altoid boxes as little gifts. I used CTMH B&T duos and paper-pierced flowers from the Delightful Things set.

Jennifer said...

Love the recipe book! I love to alter things, especially recyclables that would otherwise be thrown out. I use them for organizing bits and bobbles, or as little gifts, alone or filled with candy etc to brighten someone's day!

Linda said...

Love it!! will attempt this project

PT said...

I really haven't stepped out of the scrapbook page/card making box too much at this point. Covered a can for a pencil holder and made a few boxes. This is something I would like to explore more and this recipe book is so adorable, I think I will have to make one. I absolutely love CTMH products and ideas.

Tracie said...

I am new to the altering of things but I have 2 friends having babies and this would be great as a notes to new mom book from her friends.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I primarily make cards but from time to time I make functional altered stuff like notepads and tins. I also love to make paperbag scrapbooks.

:-)

LivingLife said...

You name it you can remake it! I love scrappin' papers & modpodge to remake the look of anything & everything!
For quick gifts you can turn an empty can or box into a work of heart with very little effort & time - then add some paint around the edges and some felt on the inside to soften the look and it looks amazing and can fill it with anything
crafting with paper is so much fun :-)

Nicole said...

I have actually made a recipe book just like the one you did! I used a retired paper pack but I made all 24 cards inside and put my favorite recipes in. I use it about the same as I would any other recipe book.

Anonymous said...

I alter my desktop items: notebooks, pen holders, frames, etc. so they all coordinate. Pretty things make me happy.

Carri said...

I love the versatility of CTMH. There's so much you can do with their products.
Carri

Snoopy said...

Altering is one of the things I still have yet to try. This is a really cool gift idea and something I can definitely get done in a reasonable amount of time.

AZconservativeMOM said...

I have got to try one of these my creations display albums!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great idea! This is very cute & will make some nice birthday gift this year, I just started getting idea after idea on what to cover with my CTMH paper!!

AliCreations said...

Love the use of felicity in this method. I can't wait to try out my paper pack. Thanks, Alice @ Alicreations.blogspot.com

Flair Girl said...

'Altered' crafting is my favorite! I have transformed formula cans, floor tiles and more! Thanks for sharing this awesome project with us.

Jen Price said...

This is such a fun idea. Thanks for posting the instructions!

JodiLynn said...

I've made note pads for my children's teachers. ... I use scrap paper and cut all to the same size. I then sandwich them in-between chipboard(cut the same size as the scrap paper) I then embellish the top chipboard with paper, stickers, brads...you name it. I then use binder clips to hold the sandwich together and spread rubber cement on the edge being bound. Usually will give a couple of coats to the rubber cement.

Julie Mutch said...

What a sweet notebook! I love altering notebooks and I use some and give away others as gifts.

Anonymous said...

I've altered a few items being a mom of 3, but nothing more than paper bag puppets and covering cans for different reasons. We have altered soup cans into lanterns for halloween that turned out really cute but they are a seasonal item and not used everyday. I've altered the blank cubes and boxes before but they were bought for that purpose so I don't know that they count toward the "reuse" of something! I love this recipe book! We have a ton of recipes that we use all the time that would be great in a flip style, stand up book! Great idea!! It's amazing to see how versatile the Felicity set along can be!

Unknown said...

Just love the recipe book. This is a great gift idea for the person who has everything and definitely an up and coming project. Also plan to decorate my catch-all binder of ideas with scrapbooking paper and embellishments.

Cheryl B. said...

Little notebooks are so much cuter than the plain ones. I tend to grab those more often. Also alter the kids compostion books for school and give for birthday gifts. The kids love them. I try to personalize them as well.

Unknown said...

I have covered empty cans with paper to make cute pencil/utensil holders, I would love to start doing more creative project with paper!

Anonymous said...

I just love the recipe book. What a great idea!

Janice Munroe

Elaine said...

Adorable recipe book! My daughters love handcrafted items.

Denise said...

This is a wonderful way to show off the Felicity pack. I cannot wait to get mine - it should be here on Friday and Sat I will be working away to create my own recipe book.
Thank you for the all the projects to use this kit with!

Unknown said...

So many ideas! I hope I can find the time to do them.

Diane said...

Compositions books and clipboards are the most common things I have papercrafted. Love the recipe book that is posted today.

Callia Scott said...

I am working on a recipe album in one of the 9x9 My Legacy albums, but I love the idea of doing another in a My Creations album since you can prop it up!

I've decorated and given wooden frames as wedding presents in the past and they've been adored by the newlyweds. For the last one, I used the Silouette B & T papers and put black and white pictures I took at the wedding into the frames. I was really happy with how the frames turned out!

Joy said...

I decorated a notebook - and won a prize in a contest with it - but I need to be more creative in decorating unusual items!

Liz G of MI said...

I love to alter rsvp pentel pens - adding fun paper inside the barrel and cute ribbon on the end of the pen. I also love to alter international coffee tins. Altering anything is a great way to use your scraps!

Randy said...

I used the New England Ivy cardstock to make a paper x'mas tree. Before cutting out the tree pieces, I used Gratitude stamp set and New England Ivy stamp pad to create a patterend paper. Then I put on evensong paper to decorate it, together with cranberry grosgrain and clear sparkles. After I assembled the tree, I used the "leaf" stamp from the Gratitude stamp set and Honey stamp pad, stamp it five times on colonial white cardstock, cut it out and make a star.

amiereker said...

This is a great gift idea for my mother-in-law who just gave me CTMH product for Christmas. She loves baking and I love scrapping. This project could make conversation over a batch of fresh baked cookies.

aggie said...

Adorable! I don't alter items often, but I did do alter a clipboard using Caprice papers and I use it daily (I'm a teacher).

Unknown said...

that is a great gift idea, love it!! I love to find ideas that are outside of the box!

Kris said...

Although checkbooks seem to be a thing of the past... I altered a checkbook covers for my kids teachers 5 or 6 years ago... and everytime I see that teacher, she whips it out to show me she is still using it. I acutally still keep my checkbook in a cover I altered also!
Great projects.

Cheryl Potter said...

What fun -- another great idea from CTMH-- I find that one picture can lead to many other inspirations!

Lori L said...

I once used our rub on's to create a simple message on the back of a baby suckee, it said "mute". I then sealed the letters in with liquid glass so that they could be washed and used over and over again. The new parents said they loved them!

Anonymous said...

I love paper crafts! Over the holiday break I found myself in a very scrappy mood. I altered some composition notebooks for my sisters Christmas gifts. Also made one for my friend for a grocery list book. Paper alterations add so much to everyday used items! -gennie

Joanne R said...

For Christmas I got a box of after 8 individual wrapped mints. The box had a fold over lid with magnetic closure. I can't wait to cover it and make it into a card box. I looked for more of the chocolates (for the box of course LOL! but couldn't find any).

Linda said...

I haven't altered anything yet but I may try this. Thanks for complete instructions for the project!

Kim said...

Beautiful recipe book! Thank you for the instructions!

Laura said...

Love this idea. I have been looking for a gift idea for a very special volunteer and THIS IS IT!

Cindy Vernon said...

I make calendards which I use all the time. This recipe book is just gorgeous.

CarrieB said...

I have done a couple of journals but that it is for functional items. I don't know why I don't do more - I love looking at everyone else's projects!!!! I guess it is because I have so much trouble finding time to do my scrapbook layouts - there is none left for other items! This prject is cute though!!!

Brenda Young said...

I love the recipe card book. It is gorgeous. I can't wait to do one of my own.

Guiselle said...

I haven't papercrafted anything functional (besides scrapbooks and cards)but I think I will try that recipe book. That looks really cute!

Shauna said...

I like to decorate composition notebooks to use for journals and to give as gifts. I actually made one for when I was prego with each of my two children to record my pregnancys.

Stacey Barrows said...

What a neat idea to do with the display album. I was just looking at it in the catalog the other day thinking that I should get one of them.

Cupcake Stamper said...

I love the idea of making a recipe holder out of our display albums and using felicity even better! I love decorating card board boxes and make them into cute gifts, alter tins and notebooks, journals, even RSVP pens! Now I can make a cute recipe book:)

Anonymous said...

Hi. What a great blog! I also alter notebooks and binders. I decorate my manila folders for work and give them to my friends. The Favorite Recipes Holder is so adorable.

Manhattan Mandie said...

What a great gift! I love this idea! I'm copying the instructions right now! :)

Roberta Dermody said...

This is exactly what I have been looking for. Can't wait to make several to give to family members and save all those much loved family recipes. Also I have been approached by some of my hostesses wanting to make a recipe book. Thank you this will please many!

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Creates said...

I love it! I also made a recipe book with the flip album for my holiday recipes! It turned out awesome!

Jessica said...

I have an altered old window hanging on my wall. It is one of my favorite pieces in my house!

Linda Kleback said...

What a great project! This will make a special gift.

Ann said...

This looks like a lot of fun!

Natalie and family said...

Super cute Idea!!

Jenn said...

I add ribbon to everything - shelves, lamps, etc, to make it more fun. I covered a wood perpetual calendar with scrapbook supplies, and love it, along with several other things I've altered.

Amy Ulen said...

I cover my light switch plates with paper to match the paint on the wall!

Sheila Wilkerson said...

love all these fantastic ideas.

Anonymous said...

For a wedding gift, I covered and decorated one of the accordion style coupon organizers and used it to hold 12 different gift cards - it was "A Year of Date Nights" for the newlyweds! :-)

marylees3ds said...

Happy New Year!
I love Close to My Heart products.
I'm sorry I an just finding this site to post on....
so many cute ideas in the catalog...and Ilove the recipe book idea...needing to make a couple for gifts

Jennifer said...

Wow... there are some awesome ideas here! I have altered Comp books before.

Unknown said...

Such a CUTE idea!! I think I might be doing this for a gift soon! :D

Britney said...

I'm so glad to see this! I have been working on recipe books for gifts and things! I'm so excited! And the stamps to coordinate with the recipe books are on my list! I can't wait to get them, as a matter of fact, this month is when I'll be placing my order! The felicity collection is on the agenda but I'm trying to find some people to help me get my order up so I can get this set FREE!

Denise Black said...

What a great project! I love the Felicity paper and have used every scrap of my first pack. Waiting impatiently for my next one to arrive on Friday! Now I have a new project to make.

Unknown said...

That is such a cute project- it makes me wish that I cooked and therefore had recipes!!

CVOChristi said...

What I great idea!!!

Amanda Olson said...

I decorated my childrens diaper caddy! It always sits out where everyone can see it, guests etc...so i thought one day while stamping that i should decorate it up! It looks awesome!! <3
So i use it just as much as i did before, i even keep it out a tad bit more so ppl can see it!

Stephanie said...

That's is a cute idea!

Krista Heres said...

This is such a great idea and I love that the recipes will be standing up on the counter for easy use. I have not strayed from card making and scrapbooking but I got some great ideas from the postings on this blog. I love the idea of personalizing pens and of covering boxes for gift giving. There are so many creative people out there - thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

Very cute! I love it!!! Will be scraplifting this weekend!

Unknown said...

Rally great idea - would be a fun gift with family recipes in it. And love the colours.

Unknown said...

I have not tried any altered projects yet. But I am compiling a file of projects to do. This Recipe Holder is a keeper for my file! Thanks!

Rebecca Landin-Smith said...

I have altered binders and journal covers. I also love all of the clear plastic, picture holding, desk organizing supplies that are available. They are great to scrap and add family pictures, scripture verses, or memorabilia. I enjoy using these items more because they have a personal touch, they are beautiful to look at, and they make great gifts.

2tontansy said...

I love that recipe book. I'm really enjoying this Felicity paper packet. I didn't think I would but I love the mixture of the colors together. So elegant!
dttalbot@atcnet.net

Michelle said...

LOVE altered items! This is great!

Janette said...

I love altering any home decor items and making them my own. I have never tried a recipe book, but it sounds like fun.

Janelle said...

I am a big fan of altered items. I think the recipe book is really great! The felicity pack is truly a beautiful pack. Thanks for sharing this with us. janellejaksitz@shaw.ca

amee said...

This is a great idea!! When I find some free time I might give it a try.

Lauren said...

This Felicity paper is so versatile -- I love that you can use it for so many different things!

dclawson said...

What a great idea for Mother's Day or even for a bridal shower!

P.J.R said...

I altered a paint can for my friends hubby then filled it with his fave cookie snicker doodles.LUV all the new papers coming out.

Jenny said...

I've been looking for a good idea for my recipes I've been accumulating. Thanks.

MicheleB said...

I Love decorating things to make new uses for them..the most recent I've been working on, is taking shoe boxes and turning them into ribbon holders. Great use for eyelets and extra papers.

Patricia Kukuc said...

Love the recipe book idea -- I've done journals/note books, note pads, bookmarks, calendars, etc. I'll add this to my project "to do" list.

Kristin A. said...

Soooo cute!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Beautiful!!! I LOVE these papers! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe book. I haven't altered a whole lot yet but have done a couple of cans for pens and a frame. I am going to have to try this one. Thanks for the great idea and directions to make it.
Roxie G

monicac said...

I go to the local $ store and peruse the aisles. One of my favorites is the wooden alphabets or other objects. I cover them with paper and if the edges are too intricate to cover, I paint them using the reinkers.

Anonymous said...

This is why paper crafting is so fun! It is not just for scrapbooking and card making - it is all about the gift giving! Carol W

Terrie Mathison said...

This is so cute and what a great gift.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I love the look of it, I will have to try this.

Sassy said...

I love the little bird!

scrappernic said...

I'll alter anything not nailed down--LOL! Everything from my checkbook cover to my recipe box to journals. I love taking the everyday items and making them one of a kind :)

Monica's Craft Closet said...

This is adorable! I am going to try to make one for a gift! Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

I've created a few things over the years, one that comes to mind is an altered roladex and I've also altered those tins to make card holders.

I love the looks of your project!

Danielle said...

I love the display albums. They can be made into so many great things. I have one all glitzed up using Emporium and it is filled with activity ideas that were chosen by my daughters. When the have a good week at school, and get along nicely with each other, they get to flip through the album and pick a special activity to do on the weekend. No matter how many times they have gone through the album, they always find something new on one of the decorated pages...so sweet and something they will always remember. Danielle

Unknown said...

I have papercrafted a calendar for each of my children's first year and used it to mark milestones and keep track of all the cute things they learn and do. I love it and keep the calendar up for their second year, just to look back and remember. It is better then a baby book.

Unknown said...

Awesome recipe book--it would make a lovely gift for a newlywed couple or a single who has moved into his/her own place!

The most recent altered item I made & covered with Silhouette papers & ribbons is a memory jar for my parents' 60th anniversary. I used a lidded jar from w**-m**t's kitchen department as a base. Each of the friends and relatives wrote a favorite memory about them on a 2 x 3 inch cardstock and inserted it into the jar. They loved it! CTMH makes every little thing so special. :)

LARAINE said...

Pretty recipe holder. I haven't decorated anything functional using papercrafting supplies....I think it's a great idea!

This Is My Fibro said...

CALENDARS

Elizabeth Hensley said...

I just started scrapbooking and I love it! I think this recipe holder is great and would be a great gift for my mom.

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea! I have plans on making recipe books as Christmas gifts this year. I guess I should start now so I don't get so overwhelmed.

Tonya PoChing said...

I just love all of your creations! You are the best..

Amy Moore said...

The My Creations Display Album is one of those items that I see decorated and love it, yet I have never attempted to alter one myself. It's going on my 'must have' list!

Sarah Jarocki said...

I love using my scrapbooking supplies to alter items. Most recently, I altered some picture frames using Topstitch, Veranda, and Twitterpated for my mom and dad, sister and husband, and two of my aunts for Christmas. I put pictures of our two girls in them. I've also altered tin cans, composition notebooks, and many other items. It's so much fun being creative and turning something ordinary into extraordinary!

Leslie said...

I like to alter tins, like Altoid tins and put cards or tags in them.

Unknown said...

I have a tin box that holds all of my cards. Totally blinged it out with product.

lacey said...

I think my favorite functional thing I 'altered' is a clock (ok 5 clocks for Christmas gifts) and the best part is I altered them with Ctmh paper! I love them!! (and so did grandparents and great grandparents)

...Darlene said...

I love the My Creations Display albums. They make the best calendars. I have one on my desk at work.

Unknown said...

I love this idea. I have used paper to cover cigar boxes, magnets, notebooks, picture frames. Whatever I don't like, or doesn't go with my decor at the time. Keep up all these great ideas. It keeps our creative juices going.

Shannon said...

glass canning jars are fun to decorate. They turn out cute, and you can put ingredients in them to make cookies, and give them as gifts.
Shannon

Barbra Otten said...

I alter everything! I especially like to take throwaway objects. We have enough garbage in this world, I don't need to make more. Soup cans are my favorite, everyone needs a holder for something and these can be decorated in minutes!

Unknown said...

That looks so nice - I can't wait to try it!

Sandra Konrad said...

I really like the project. I will have to set up a time with the BFF to make one.

Linda Caler said...

Love this project! So many uses for the cover pattern besides recipes!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 289   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.