Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11: A Special Box for Special Treasures

Raise your hand if you possess one or more of the following:

• Hand-collected sea shells
• Brochures from a vacation long past
• Elementary school projects involving beans, macaroni, cotton balls, and/or lots of paste
• A stack of letters from a special someone
• Dried flowers or leaves from a nature walk

All those things—and many more—are known as keepsakes, mementos, souvenirs, or memorabilia. We hold onto keepsakes because they are a powerful way to evoke memories.

Close To My Heart has a special spot for all your mementos: the My Creations® Memory Keeper. Personalize it with paper, photos, and embellishments, so that just a glance at it will bring a nostalgic smile. Look at this Memory Keeper box—it holds art exhibit brochures, museum ticket stubs, subway passes, a bracelet bought from a street vendor, a coffee cup sleeve, and more. Even before you open the lid, memories of Washington, DC, come flooding back.

What are some of your cherished keepsakes? Tell us here in the comments for a chance to win the Felicity Collection, a special kit designed just for National Papercrafting Month 2010. Come back tomorrow for more!

236 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 236   Newer›   Newest»
CarrieB said...

I have SO Many tourist-y maps from places we have been, letters from teachers about the kids and ticket stubs from concerts that hold a special place in my heart. Might have to try out this project...but I'd have to do it a dozen times over!!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Mary- PA said...

I keep EVERYTHING! Ticket stubs, play brochures, kids' art projects, party favors...I'm always trying to figure out how to incorporate bulky memorabilia into my scrapbooks. The Memory Keeper is a great solution!

sgoodbrand said...

I think this is such a great gift idea for a wedding or baby present!!

Geri Conley said...

I love this memory keeper! I put in my first one a video tape of my daughter's 4th grade school program. It is perfect for those bulky things that don't fit in a book.

Lynaya said...

I have some jewelery that belonged to my grandma. The memory keeper would be perfect for that.

Elaine Hollander said...

I don't really have any but I do still have my childhood teddy bear.

Unknown said...

This would be great to keep all your baby items. Like his first pacifier, hospital bracelet, first sleeper, his first everything... that doesn't fit on a scrapbook paper. This is a good idea, I will start making one for my son.

Jennifer said...

I have lots of maps, etc from trips I have taken. This would be perfect. It would make a great baby shower gift too!!

Denise G said...

I keep everything... it drives my family crazy, but it sure is fun to look at it all years later! I think the memory keeper would be a great way to store special things!

Crystal Pledger said...

I have some keepsakes from high school and I decorated a box just like this one to, with my graduation year on it, to put all my keepsakes in.

Anonymous said...

I'm a pack rat so I keep everything as well. Photos, thimbles, keychains, spoons, maps... you name it, I have it.

ladonna.b said...

I have all kinds of things like tickets and passes and maps from trips, wedding trinkets that are all in a drawer at my desk that I want to keep but don't know what to do with them so this is a great idea. I also like lyne's idea about the baby's first my son is six months old and it would be a great idea to start a box for him.

Paige Dolecki said...

I love making treasure boxes from the Memory Keepers for kids. Every kid always has a stash of bits and pieces and these are perfect to customize with their name and some things they love. It also makes a great wedding, baby or graduation gift when you pair it up with a 9x9 chipboard album (make it really easy and use Simply Snapshots for the interior pages of the album). There are a couple of examples on my blog here:

http://paigespaperparadise.blogspot.com/search/label/Memory%20Keeper%20Box

Hanna Ahn said...

Some of my most treasured keepsakes are items from dates in high school with my sweetheart before we knew we were going to get married. I consider these items because we were building a life-long friendship without even knowing it. :)

Flair Girl said...

I am really big on collecting memorabilia-it just gets overwhelming keeping it all! This is a nicely decorated box for such a thing, and would make a great gift!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these boxes! They are so cute and versatile! I like putting special pictures that I havent' scrapbooked yet in these boxes. Then when it's time to scrapbook, I take out the box, and find the perfect picture!

Danica TG

Me Again said...

I have things all over the house, from many years past, that would fit this category. This sounds much better than the shoeboxes I've been using!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a cool idea! I have all sorts of things from when my kids were little plus school projects. Something to think about next time I order!

Lauren said...

These boxes are so great... I like to keep old cards in them, labeled with each different occasion, and of course, decorated for each occasion!

Anonymous said...

Notes that my husband wrote when we were dating. We worked in the same place but weren't scheduled at the same time so he would leave a rose and a note on my car.

Laura C said...

I have many collections but this would be perfect for my collection of European postcards. I will travel to Europe some day but I ask all my friends who get there to get me a couple postcards for my collection.

Lora said...

Old and new photographs are treasure to me. And, some old cards and letters from family and friends.

I love the keepsake boxes. I have cards stored in mine.

Cindy Vernon said...

I have old notes and letters from high school. This would besuch a great way to store and display these memories.

Helen Van Daalen said...

I have a number of shells collected from Myrtle Beach.

Lori Miller said...

When my grandma passed away, my mom and her sisters gave each granddaughter some of Grandma's hankies -- the pretty, old-fashioned kind with embroidery. I have four tucked away in a drawer, and they bring back memories of sitting in church with my grandma. She would make a little dollie out of the hankie. I wish I knew how she did it! I plan to use one of the memory keeper boxes to create a special place to keep these reminders of my grandma's love.

Lisa shemko said...

Nice way to decorate a keepsake box.

Unknown said...

As a teacher, I could use a box for every letter of the alphabet! Small little trinkets and pictures representing each letter. I have VHS sized boxes, but some of them are a little full... these would be a great upgrade!! And I could decorate the outside of each box so I could display them on a shelf! Thanks for the idea!!

Erin said...

Two of my favorite keepsakes are letters my 2 little brothers (who were about 4th and 5th grade at the time) sent me in college. They had apparently broken something in my room, and our mom made them write me "I'm sorry" notes. They were so sweet and cute, that I have saved them all this time (about 13 or 14 years). If I remember right, they each blamed the other for the accident. Funny!

Terrie Mathison said...

I'm thinking baby items -- like the newspaper from the day my son was born, his ultrasound video, bracelet and other little keep sakes from the first year. I have a few trip brochures for a few vacation ones too. GREAT idea with this box. Love the ideas.

Manhattan Mandie said...

Gorgeous box! I was thinking of making a box for all of my daughters baby items! I think this is a popular idea :)

Unknown said...

I love them- I have one for each trip we have been on in the past few years- Disney, Med Cruise, etc. They are decorated to match my albums and hold all our treasures that just did not work in the albums!

Celeste Hull said...

My most treasured mementos are pictures my grandchildren drew for us. Also, photos of our grandchildren and the rest of my family. I also have items and pictures from a trip I took with my parents in 1999. I want to get the items from the trip into a scrapbook. That is one of my goals for this year. We did one of the Memory Keepers in Calgary last year.

Holly V said...

I love these keepsake boxes to put all of the hand made cards I get from others. When I'm having a bad day or feeling down I just go to my little box and start to read all of the wonderful notes from friends and family. It's a great way to feel inspired, comforted and blessed. I'm thinking of starting this for my kids, too. It's a great way to teach them how to save those precious letters and cards for those days when you need a little pick-me-up!

Korine said...

I love the memory boxes. I keep making them, and don't have anything in them yet! I have special cards from special people, but they are kept in a sleeve with my journal.... I need to find something to use my memory boxes for, or give them away!

Trishkj said...

My most favorite keepsake is one of my grandmother's aprons. She wore an apron tied around her waist every single day adn had a drawer full of them. When she died 11 years ago, one of my sisters got one of her aprons and sent it to me in the mail. I keep it in a china cupboard and look at it every day.

Ellen Simpson Novotny said...

I love the Memory Keeper's Box! I am a "junk collector" according to my family, but each tidbit, program, stub, map, napkin, etc, etc., etc., is a piece of me. . .a slice of my world, and a window into my heart.

Vicki Wizniuk said...

What comes to mind first is baby items from my youngest... a snippet of hair from his first haircut, baby name bracelet from hospital, ect. Thanks for a great idea!

Anonymous said...

My twins were born 8 weeks early. I keep all of the little things from the month they spent in the NICU. Their bracelets and mine, the preemie outfits they came home in, etc. Very special things to remind me how far they've come.
Cyndi W, Wisconsin

Maureen Falcon said...

I love these boxes. They are great for so many things. And with this paper they are even better

Kristie said...

We took a trip to Vegas a couple years ago and I have a ton of "stuff" from the trip. This would be perfect to document that trip. You could even fit a mini album in there...

Becky Sorensen said...

I love to use boxes for keepsakes - My favorite one that I have made is the one I have all the cards, dried flowers and notes from when my dad passed away 5 years ago. I have it in our living room and often wander into it. I added some of my favorite pictures of him and his flowers. They bring back some wonderful memories!!

Myra Grodzuik said...

The cherished things I have is of a trip my two daughters and I went on. We ended up in the local Newspaper! I actually have put everything into an album but if I went on another trip like that the memory box would be great for all the little tokens and such. For putting bulky stuff into an album can be hard sometimes!

Scraps4C said...

My daughter arrived over 3 months early, not knowing what the fate of our new family would be, I saved all her little momento`s...The memory keeper would be perfect for all the tiny treasures I collected... Now she is 3 yr`s old, and loves to look at my scrapbook pages!!

Janette said...

I have all kinds of crazy things I collected while studying abroad in Israel. They all seem like "junk" to the average person, but each momento holds a special memory for me.

Rosalynd Kelly said...

Fantasic way to store memorabilia! Think I have to make myself one of these.

Unknown said...

I love memorabilia. Thanks for share this great project.

Anonymous said...

I have some recipe's my grandmother gave me in her hand writing along with some cards and letters, I have some letters my husband wrote to me while he was at boot camp when we were dating. I guess I really need a memory keeper box.

Smashing Cake Designs said...

I have a collection of cards that I like to keep - baby shower, birth of child, 1st birthday etc. I will have to make one of these for those special cards I just can't part with :)

Shirley said...

My husband and I attend a lot of music concerts (mainly rock). This would be a perfect box to decorate for him and store all of those concert tickets and memorabilia!

Unknown said...

Photos are my number one keepsake! The memorabilla box is perfect to keep a stack of photos from particular occasions where I take too many photos to just scrap one page. I love how you used the Felicity die-cut to embellish the box. So nice!

Cheryl Potter said...

I'm an inveterate pack-rat and I come from a long line of the same, so I have many things some going back more than a century to my great-grandparents-- everything is a treasure to me so this would be a great way to store them "in view", the box could be embellished with copies of old photos and beautiful paper.......

Jamie Jay said...

I collect antique buttons, my children's baby items like first lock of hair, teeth etc., marbles, sharks teeth, a rock from each state we've visited or traveled to...the list goes on and on!

Brendakaye said...

I have piles of items I always wanted to do something with but I think the first thing I will do is make a memory box for my grandchildren when we took them on vacation with us and all the souvenirs we collected something they can keep with all the memories we made together

AZconservativeMOM said...

I still have my stuffed bunny from childhood!

Unknown said...

I keep everything, from sea shells from the beaches of Mexico to ticket stubs. Treasure boxes are a great idea

Tracey said...

We just took a trip to Disney over our Christmas vacation. We spent time on the beach as well. This box would be perfect for our seashells, room cards, the girls' lanyards with all their pins, the park brochures, the list is endless!! I love it!

Ranette said...

When I go on trips I love to keep every ticket stub, postcards, brochures etc. I usually scrapbook them onto my pages but this would be a great place to keep them until I get around to getting my scrapbooking caught up.

Michelle Bryden said...

I would love to decorate and use one of these for my 2.5 year old son's rock collection! Finally, a place to put them! Thanks, CTMH, for the example!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I have a box of stuff saved with my children's baby stuff. My wedding picture, Grandpa's bible, cards from loved ones...lots of cherished things.

:-)

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

My close to my heart consultant had a class to make one of these memory boxes last year and I made one to keep these old notes from my mom. When I was in grade school on up thru high school my mom would always sneak a note into my lunch bag before I took it to school. Some of them are simply "have a good day" or "I love you" but they mean so much to me as they are written just for me from her and our little secret. Now I have a special place that I keep them and will treasure them forever.

Unknown said...

My most favorite treasures are those I have of my grandparents. Little things that bring back happy memories from growing up, things that never can be replaced. Thanks for such great ideas. Monica

Michelle said...

I loves these! I have one that I used to hold all my cards that I create. I want to have one to hold little mementos that I pickup in my travels.

Laura said...

My most favorite treasure is a wood box my grandfather carved. He past away when I was 2 so I have no real memory of him. He was a master cabinet maker before he came to Canada

Kate said...

I have been making these for each one my neices and newphews to hold all thier treasure finds, pictures and momentoes. They don't know it yet, but one special day, together, we'll peruse these great memories together. I can't wait, to share it with them.

Anonymous said...

I have a Christmas card that I made from 1st grade
that a family member saved for all these years.
I also have Phathom Of The Opera tickets that my husband
and I attended while we were dating. I have Girl Scout
pins, and rosary beads from my grandma. Many special treasure!
-Maryellen Webber
w_wbber@yahoo.com

Glenda(E) said...

I have a lot of stories hand-written by my mother, this box would be a fantastic place to keep them safe. She passed away last February, and I inherited all the stories she wrote along with numerous photographs. I will be spending the rest of my life trying to scrapbook it all.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen one of these boxes except in the idea book but they look like something very useful for storing articles from traveling.

Leah said...

I have a lot of keepsakes from trips and family vacations, most of all I like to keep my children's artwork.

Karen said...

I like to keep all the handmade cards that are sent to me.

Janis said...

I've made one and I'm collecting momentos for my grandaughter. She was named after my mom (who passes over 11 years ago). My grandaughter is 3 and I want her to have some things from her namesake. I'll keep adding to it and she will get it when she's older and can appreciate it. It's fun tucking things in every once and a while.

Janis Purves

Michele said...

I have keepsakes from my son that I want to make one of those for.

Unknown said...

I keep all of the cards my BF has ever given me.

Julie said...

I use mine to put all the baby stuff you really can't scrapbook and to help hold the items until I can get to it, like well check ups, baby bows from the hospital, etc.

allthumbs said...

Why wouldn't you use these great keepsake boxes? To organize my treasures would be bliss!

Nina N said...

My pictures are my greatest keepsake. That's why I love scrapbooking!

Kellen's Mom said...

For everything you can't fit in the scrapbook!

Unknown said...

I have a keepsake box from my wedding. I included things that wouldn't fit in my scrapbook.

L. said...

I have numerous small items of my parents, who have passed away. This box would be great for when I want to walk down memory lane!

Cheri Hill said...

I made birthday boxes for all of my childrens birthdays. It contains an invitation and various items from the party. The memory keeper box would be great for those. I can't wait to purchase one and try it. Thanks again, Close to My Heart:)

Amy said...

I just love these boxes - so fun to decorate and a great way to keep track of trip memorabilia.

Kerry J said...

I have a bankers box that I've had for 20 years that contains notes, ticket stubs, cards and various other items that I kept from when my husband and I were first dating. The beat up bankers box really doesn't do the memories justice! :-) I think a few beautifully decorated boxes like these would provide a more appropriate home for all our dating memorabilia!

Penne said...

I have lots of things for keepsake boxes

Unknown said...

Love the cards and notes my kids make for me! Pam W.

Unknown said...

Pictures and notes my sons have drawn and written me - I would love to figure out how to organize and store them in a creative way!

Anonymous said...

I love the box!! I have not seen it in the catalog, I am going to look for it and order some. Already thinking what I can do with them. Make one to hold special memorabilia from dates with my husband, ticket stubs, cards, etc. Then a box for each of my children to hold their special school projects, homemade cards, hospital bracelets. Right now I keep my memorabilia in a plastic rubbermaid box, but I like the CTMH box so much better, especially since I can decorate each one!

Sheila H said...

Some of my most treasured keepsakes are from my first trip to New York City when my son was a sophomore at NYU. I never thought I'd ever see NYC, but of course, once my son went to school there, I had to go! I have pictures, museum tickets, a subway token, and various other keepsakes. And my very most treasured items from NYC are from his graduation when I went there a second time two years later!

Sherry Hawa said...

Another pack-rat here! I have many keepsakes -- my favorites are things I've kept from my now grown children's childhoods.

Anonymous said...

I have kept all the tickets from concerts I have been to. They are all in an envelope right now but this is a great idea!

Lori L said...

Like the post above, I too keep all of my ticket stubs and have them in their own special book filled with pictures and flyers of the shows.

Dawn said...

As my family can attest to, I cherish many, many things! LOL However, photos would be my most cherished items. I also treasure things passed from my grandmothers like jewelry or cards they have given me.

Anonymous said...

I love keeping cards that were given to me by special people. This box would make an awesome card keeper!

Haley D., the Inky Scrapper said...

My most cherished things- after my photos and scrapbooks- would have to be cards and love notes from my children, hubby, family, and friends. I have made several My Creations Memory Keepers for gifts, but I just realized that I need to make one for ME.

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

I love collecting keychains and postcards....

I also cherish my photos because i can show everyone where i have been and what i have done.

TrickyBugPaperArt said...

I absolutely adore this box and have made many for friends and family.

The one that sticks out in my mind the most is a box I made for someone who wanted one as a gift for a friend who had lost a child at birth. I papered the inside and outside both, embellished and embossed the child's name inside the cover. I hope the box helps them to remember their dear child and store treasured but all-too-brief memories...

Semi Granola Mom said...

postcards and maps or brochures, I always collected those wherever we went :)
~C

Amy said...

I'm going to make one for each of my 2 boys. I write them a note/letter and give it to them on their birthdays to let them know how much my husband and I love them and how much they have changed in their last year. I want them to have a nice safe place to hold their special memories.

Mindy T said...

My kids have all these little trinkets they aquire that they just absolutely don't want to give up, but I never know where to put them. Giving them each one of these boxes decorated with their own name and favorite colors would make a great place to stash their favorite stuff!

Karen said...

I love keeping extra special artwork by the kids, cards they have made and I try to keep notes of their sayings/quirks through each stage. With 4 kids it's important to write it down to remember it in the future!

Suzy Scrapbooker ;) said...

I acquired my favourite keepsake on my honeymoon. We went to Alaska and I dragged my husbad to one of those 'gold diggers' expeditions. We had a great time collection the smallest little wisps of gold..then I put my little pan in the cold river and.. got a real nuggett! Even the guides eyes widened. Its worth about $400 but to me its priceless. We plan to make it into a pendant so it won't go into the keepsake box ... but the mini plastic horseshoes my dh gave me will. He says I'm a natural lucky horseshoe. lol. hmmm is January 11th another lucky day for me.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

any note written to me by my husband is a cherished keepsake of mine. i love his quirky handwriting and the way his personality shows through in his notes!

KimberleyG said...

My keepsake box is fairly big. Some of the things it holds include sports badges from childhood, my very Raggedy Ann doll, a stuffed toy I made, some concert t-shirts, a recorder and music book, small gifts (like sand dollars) from childhood friends, certificates and ribbons, etc. I think I may finally parted with a few blades of grass, lol! I do still have the CTMH one on my wish list though.

triciagall said...

I keep cards, every type: birthday, Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.

Stephanie said...

That is too cute, and I love the colors that were used.

Janice Brasil said...

Wow what a creative idea I have some things from our adoption i wanted to save for my daughter and this would be so perfect! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

I have lots of stuff from various trips, but seashells are probably my fave... especially the ones I gathered with my father-in-law on his last trip to the beach with us.

Maya Holmes said...

I LOVE this craft! I made one using an old cigar box in middle school. Makes for a great sturdy box as a blank canvas. I kept everything from ticket stubs, pressed flowers and my first sweetheart letter from a boy. lol

JodiLynn said...

I have my Grandmother's Graduation Announcement and Class Ring from 1938. I have a few photos from my grandparents wedding and the farm that my Dad & Mom still live on and raise cattle. You've sparked my interest in decorating up one of these boxes to hold these dear treasures!!! THANK YOU

Nicole said...

In between the pages of my scrapbook I put the items that I didn't want to put out in the open on the pages. In between some of the pages are notes from former boyfriends, others contain brochures from places I've been or programs from shows and other things. This way they can stay with the pictures and don't get lost.

Unknown said...

I have many cherished keepsakes. I save anything we came across on our vacation trips: plane and rail tickets, maps, site brochures, including seashells and other various items (even shots of street artists drawing on sidewalks and streets commemorating persons or events). Pictures of my six children and trips we took with them with all the memorabilia, postcards sent and received, their artwork over the years including dishes they made in kindergarten, cards they drew and gave to us, pictures of the activities they were involved in and awards they won are all cherished keepsakes. One of my daughters is very into scrapbooking and has been trying to introduce me to it this past year. I have not done too much but am anxious to do more. I am researching ideas and techniques and want to set up albums including pictures of mementos saved as embellishments to pass them on to my children. These memento boxes are a great way to store all that will not fit into the albums. Thanks for the idea.

Joan S said...

My daughters dance costume accessories...hair pieces, jewelry, tiaras, gloves etc, bing to mind warm memories. As well as ticket stubs to competions and programs. Also, old t-shirts from my son'sn high school band or t-shirts from recitals, vacations...bring back nice memories!!!

Unknown said...

I am terrible about keeping every little thing. I keep movie/event stubs and all kinds of programs. Notes from my husband (he isn't big on writing things down) so it's extra special when he does. I admitt it, yes, I am a paper pack rat. I would love to make one for each of the kids to put their birthday party items in (invite, candle, cake topper, ect.)

Anonymous said...

My journals from high school and college, postcards from all the places I've been, and little trinkets I was given as a child that I keep in a box.

Anonymous said...

My treasured keepsakes right now are my pictures of my kids as they grow--and the art that they make in school :)

Sheri M. from MN said...

I keep absolutely everything! It drives my hubby crazy, but just looking at a movie ticket stub brings back all the great memories of that night. Right now I am working on a nice spot for all of my kids' artwork & schoolwork. These boxes would be perfect! Maybe one for elementary school, middle school & then high school.

Margy said...

My cherished keepsakes fall into two main categories: items from my children's childhoods (I have a little outfit and toy for each of them packed away, just because I couldn't part with them!); and items from my travels. The travel mementos will hopefully be included in scrapbooks some day; guess I need to stay home more and/or scrapbook faster!

Tracy said...

I love this box. I have many items from our honeymoon to London and Paris including ticket stubs from various attractions and our Tube tickets...plus other trinkets that would go great in this box. I also have many keepsakes from years of Disney trips and other vacations that would be great.

Unknown said...

Would be perfect to my momentos that were my fathers.
He just passed 2 years ago. The box is the perfect size
for special pieces that are so close to the heart.
Judy P.

Simonetta Bois (Simmie) said...

My cherished keepsakes are those pictures and trinkets I have kept thru the years of my son before he died. His class ring, his graduation diploma, some baby clothes, vocational pins, etc. I miss him so much. These things are important to me.

Amee G said...

I have lots of little things from when my children were born that are all in a bag somewhere.

Barbra Otten said...

My favorite memorabilia are backstage passes that I have from when I used to work for a band.

Unknown said...

My cherished keepsakes would be items I received after my Dad passed away: several baseball caps, a belt buckle, and photos of our last outing to the family farm together.

Holly Gould said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the box, what a great way to store those treasured keepsakes. Can't wait to get one for myself. :)

By: Kristen Cooper

Shannon said...

Hmmm. treasured keepsakes. Well, when each of my five children were born, we kept their hospital bracelets, foot prints, caps, blankets etc. I love to see these little things. I had a premie and we kept one of his diapers. I may have to do a keepsake box for each of them for their stuff!
Shannon MN

Becky said...

What a great idea to keep all thise little extras that can't fit onto a layout format. I will definately have to try making one.

KellyC said...

My cherished keepsakes include much of our genealogical information, notes and pictures from our ancestors as well as little treasures my boys have given me over the years. This box would be well suited for the hundreds of ribbons my sons won at swim meets when they were younger.

Roxie said...

Love the box. I went to Europe,but still have my keepsakes in a tupperware box. Itis time for me to get in gear and create some cute boxes. thanks for the inspiration.

Elaine said...

My daughters love to collect seashells. My husband keeps tickets, brochures, etc. My family would probably tell you that I collect papercrafting stuff. Yes, I do use it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful keepsake box, thank you for this.
I have a small pillow cover that has a great deal of detail my dad made while he was recovering on the military ship during the war. What a wonderful way to display this special keepsake. I will be making one asap.
CM fr Bradford,Ont

Jayma Malme said...

I can't bear to toss birthday cards...whether store bought or handmade (but especially the handmade ones!) Last year I decorated a memory keeper box to store my treasured birthday cards...it's the perfect size!

Melinda said...

Anything my kids make.

Mission Wellness Moms said...

This would be a perfect keepsake for all my son's school art projects.

Denise said...

I have lots of collections but I think that this is also perfect for that special little baby outfit and things from the saving. It would be really neat made into a picture box!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I found a bunch of letters my mom had written to my dad that first year after they were married. They were married over 60 years. I am not sure what to do with them but I think this would be fun to do and decorate the top with a snippet from her wedding dress which was a polka dot dress. Also, some other stuff I am just not ready to part with but not sure what to do from their early days as well as a couple of little things from their parents. A piece of my grandma's hardanger dresser scarf will look nice too.

Chris R. from Iowa

Anonymous said...

My most cherished collection is the one of the rocks that my son used to bring home for me. No matter where he went, he took great care to find just the perfect one. Even now, at 15, Sam always has to bring me a rock from his travels! As the collection grew, I began reusing cleaned-out candle jars to display them around the house, complete with a stamped tag and photo of some of the locations from whence they came. And now that the "natural" look is in, I have my very own personalized collection of nature that means so much more than rocks bought in a store!

Kristin said...

Funny to read the post ahead of mine about collecting rocks, my son did something similar and my daughter has picked up the idea as well, without prompting. I love to collect anything that my children have written and that would be a great idea to store in this box. I have them scattered around my scrapping space right now but a memory box like this would be special!

Amy Gehring said...

I have numerous collections, starting with my kids' artwork to ticket stubs to vacation brochures. All kept in plastic storage bins and unorganized! I need to work on one of these keepsake boxes as they are so cute. Just haven't had the time to make one for myself!

Debbie Tuggle said...

Love the boxes and all our blanks - they stamp so well!

Parchey Family said...

I have made one of these memory keeper boxes for a baby gift. I think it is a wonderful gift for children who love to collect things. My son would love to fill it up with Dinosaurs.

Anonymous said...

I have a stack of old and new letters from my hubby :) A lot from before we were married :)

Kathy in WI said...

This is perfect for me. I'm just starting to make cards, but have been taking pictures and collecting vacation momentos forever. It would really help organize everything and I could still use my new card making skills to coordinate and pretty-up everything. Thanks for a great product.

Anonymous said...

I have dried roses from the first bouquet my husband gave me while we were dating, this project would be great to preserve these.
Gina Stockfisch

Stamp n Fun with Debi said...

What a beautiful way to store all those treasures. My daughter (6 yrs old) could use a dozen of these!

Shauna said...

I consider all of my photographs precious keepsakes!

Jenn said...

One of my most cherished keepsakes is the box that my engagement ring came in - or was supposed to anyway - I opened an empty box, then he knelt down and gave me the ring!

Gretel said...

Vacation mementos always need a place to go once the trip is done. Also I have childhood art pieces that I created. This box would be ideal for these items.

Guiselle said...

I keep my babies's hospital bracelets, cards that we got that day, pictures, etc.

Jessica said...

Concert tickets, sporting event tickets and movie stubs...those are things my Husband collects and I have them all neatly organized in a Memory Keeper Box.

Gail Y said...

My parents have many mementos that would work well in a box like this. Something they could open often and stimulate memories.
Gail Y in MI

monicac said...

My box holds the kids school pictures. That way when they graduate, I can easily make up a board from birth-12 grade with all of their portraits.

Mark and Carrie Miller said...

My mom used to give me teddy bears with a note that said "You are Beary Special to me." whenever I had a bad day, a big test, or a big try-out. I have kept all of those notes and most of the bears! Thanks Mom for loving me!

Anonymous said...

I have made one for 2 of 3 of my children for the outfits they came home in from the hospital. I also made one for my in laws for their 50th wedding anniversary & it holds all the cards. I'm not sure what my sister put in the one I made her. They are so much fun to make & go together so easy. I know I will be making more for many occassions. Karen in IL

Mavis H. of Illinois said...

My most cherished keepsakes are the little outfits that my daughters were in when we met them in China. Right now they are not in any special box but a project like this one would keep them safe and could then be given over to them when they grow up.

Anonymous said...

I have one of those boxes!! Just haven't decorated it yet. I have a lot of mementos from my grandmother that would fit nicely in this box. Another thing on my to do list!Laurie W. Seguin, TX

Unknown said...

my cherished memories are a note written to my daughter from my mom. I also have my dad's badge when her was a policeman.

Amy Ulen said...

I want to use that box to create a place to keep all my greeting cards!

Unknown said...

I keep cards people gave me from various occasions, like my wedding, anniversaries, my children's births, and their first and seconds birhtdays. I can't throw them out. I cry everytime I read them!!
This would be a lovely idea for storing them.

Softball Clan said...

I have kept all of the cards and letters my Husband has ever written to me. I keep moving them to a new home when ever I try to organized my craft space. That box will be a perfect place to story them, before I lose them in another scraproom shuffle

Kerri W said...

Yes My hand is held up high.. Guilty as charged I have sea shells, cards, flowers all of the above.... I love this box...

Jody said...

I just love the idea of a memory box. I made a couple of them for my sisters for Christmas to use for their "tags". They turned out so cute and they were well received too!

Dan and Connie said...

I have a lot of keepsakes, but my childrens baby hair, pictures and first outfit are fun to see.

CathyCrafts said...

my hand is up ~ collectibles, maybe a little "cash stash", unlimited possibilities !!

Sarah Raddatz said...

My kids' crafty projects!

Unknown said...

My most cherished keepsakes include the clothes my son was in when we adopted him abroad at 4 years old, along with native handicrafts from his country...I love the memory keeper box from CTMH. They are so fun to decorate and so practical to have!!!

Anonymous said...

i think my favorite keepsakes are from when my kiddos were in the hospital. :)

Corrie said...

My most cherished keepsakes are cards and just yesterday we found an old one from my father in law who passed away a few years ago it was really nice to find it. The keepsake box would be great for storing them.

Anonymous said...

bits of favorite fabrics

This Is My Fibro said...

On our trips, my keepsakes are only what I can fit in my scrapbook. It saves me money also, then I come home and use that saved money to buy great CTMH items to make that scrapbook.

Cindy_K said...

This is a great idea and I have so many keepsakes that I could make a dozen of them! I couldn't believe it when I found my first driver's license last year, it's only 40 years old, I've sorted since then. this wuld lbe a great idea for my mother's keepsakes especially, I have everything at my house to sort out for scrapbooking but this would be a nice addition to that for pressed flowers, garters, wedding invitations and wedding cake from Mom and Dad's wedding; baby records and announcements and cards, knit booties; there are so many great ideas for the keepsake box. The keepsake box covered with Felicity paper and filled with her treasures from years gone by will make a beautiful gift for Mom on Mother's Day. Thanks again for the great ideas!

Anonymous said...

I think that my most cherished keepsakes are those little Christmas ornaments our children make in kindergarten....you know, the ones with their photo on it? I hang them on our Christmas tree every year even though my children are all grown up. My son doesn't usually make it home for Christmas so thanks to that little ornament, he is ALWAYS here with us!

LARAINE said...

My dad passed away 22 years ago, and I have some of his things in a drawer. This Memory Keeper box is a great idea for those things.

Carolann said...

It has to be a hankie that belonged to my grandma, the baby bracelets from the hospital and the first love letter from my honey!

Michelle H. said...

My most treasured keepsakes are a note from my mom when she was in the hospital having my sister, and cards my kids have made for me.

Rachel Carter said...

Cute box seems like it can be used in a lot of different ways.

patiogreen said...

My favorite thing from CTMH ever. I keep cards in the one I made for myself in my classroom. The notes from my students and colleagues brighten my day! I have given many of these as gifts that are as unique at the person I gave them to.

cinmfoster said...

It would be a crochet apron, embroidered hankies tea towels.

Unknown said...

I would put the handmade pictures and cards my children have given me through the years.

Barb K

Patty Williams said...

Oh my, do I ever have all of those things !

But some of my most cherished are notes from my husband. He used to leave them all the time and even a few handmade cards he made for me! One is even a pop-up card!

And then there are all of the kids' things!

Unknown said...

I have some jewelry, hankies and gloves that were my grandmothers. I also have an antique compact-the kind that were on a cord that women would hang on their wrists-that was my other grandmothers. I would also keep cards that my grandchildren have sent me along with some crafty things that they have made.

Muma said...

I love these boxes. I would love to have one for each family member. In my box would be a note I typed to my Dad telling him I love him. He kept it in his wallet. And a set of three rocks from my kids that say kisses, love and happy.

Brittany said...

My favorite keepsakes are photos of my family. :) Beautiful box!

Debbie Taylor said...

Like most women, I am pretty sentimental. I have a couple colored elbow macaroni necklaces and plastic foam and postage stamp pins, lovely creations made by my kiddos and then cards and letters, baby teeth, baby hosp bracelets and hair wisps, etc.,that I cannot bear to part with. I have my most precious belongings though...first would be the only photo I have of Matthew, my first son, who died after 7 precious hours of life. It is not a super photo, as it has wires and such in it, and bless the good old days, it is a poloroid, but it is THE number one possesion that I would save in a fire. I have my grandmother's rosary and my mother's childhood bible, and my children's baby books and the only two possessions I have from my own childhood, my first belt buckle and my First Communion veil. I have a baby hat and photo of my last son who also died as a newborn, and I have odd photos and military medals, and on and on. See, quite varied, yet so precious to me. Storing them in a My Creations® Memory Keeper would protect them, have them all in one location if I did need to grab them in a hurry and would also show that I value them enough to store them safely. I have several I have decorated, but I have never thought to put all my precious items together for safety and "easy extraction" purposes. Thanks for spurning me to act on this idea. Debbie

StacyC said...

My treasured keepsakes are all from when my children were little and from my wedding.. I have a special box I keep them all in...

Unknown said...

I have so much stuff I have o idea what I really have. I guess what collect mostlly now is scrapbook stuff!

LivingLife said...

love letters & cards from my hubby are very precious to me :-)

Laura said...

Have you been looking in my closet? I love this idea. I will use this for many themes. Love celebrating National Papercrafting Month with Close To My Heart!

Keeley Kirwan said...

My keepsakes include photos, momentos and such from family vacations taken when I was younger with my family to vacations with just my husband and now with my own little family.

Krista Heres said...

This would be a great idea for an anniversary gift! As the box is opened, the memories could be shared with each special item...garter from the wedding, bracelets from the hospital for births, shells or pebbles from a vacation, the possiblities are endless. I love this idea. I also love that the memories will be sparked just be looking at the decorated box. I would love to make one with pictures of my mom and put some precious pictures and items inside that were special to her.

Juliet A said...

I have pieces of jewelry from each of my female family members that have passed away. It would be a good idea to have a dedicated box just for those pieces.

Heidi said...

Old love letters from a sailor....wedding candles, seashells. Lots of great ideas to go in the box!

Anonymous said...

I love sanding the card stock, it really makes a nice feature on my pages.
Nancy - Oklahoma

Michelle G said...

I have many maps, ticket stubs, tags, brochures. I also have things from when my daughter was born that are awkward to store....batism candle, coin set, a casting of her hand. A box is a great thing to decorate for them.

Diane said...

My daughters hospital bracelets and crib cards. Their baptismal napkins and certificates. Special cards from family members. The box would be fun to keep the items all in one place.

aggie said...

Some of my most cherished keepsakes are cards and notes from my students over the years. Whenever I have a rough or frustrating day of teaching, I pull out some ot of those notes and they always remind why I do what I do!

Janet's Joy said...

I guess I have to raise my hand too. I've kept some of the projects and stories that my kids made in public school.

Tonya W said...

I treasure many keepsakes of my children from school as well as any handmade item they made me in school, VBS, Sunday school, etc. I also keep many souvenirs from our trips - -business related & family vacations! I have several big rubber-made boxes of treasures -- I need to get more organized --- maybe take photos of them and then keep them in the keepsake box!!!!

Teresa said...

I have been fortunate in that I have lived in three different foreign countries, so I have a lot of memorabilia! They won't fit in one of these boxes, so they have their own trunk to live in.

When my mom turned 70, I decorated one of these boxes for her, along with a coordinating 9x9 accordion album. I scraped the album with pictures of her childhood and on down through the years. I then had everyone in the family write a memory of something funny that happened between them to put in the box along with any cards she received. When she opened it, she started crying -- which she never does!

WhyamIdoingthis said...

When do we put our hands down??? Love these boxes!

Elizabeth H said...

What a great way to keep all of your special things!

shena84 said...

My most keepsake is my letters from my husband when we were just first dating. I also keep all the wedding preperations from planning our wedding. Everything that was on paper that includes all the cost of the wedding. I also have all my baby stuff. Which is was given to me after I got married. I love to keep them safe this a great idea going to have to make one.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 236   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.