Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13: Papercrafting and Felicity: The Link Between Happiness and Creativity

If you’ve been following this blog, you know that January is National Papercrafting Month, and that Close To My Heart is celebrating with a fabulous papercrafting kit called the Felicity Collection . You’ve learned that “felicity” is another word for “happiness.” So, papercrafting…happiness…where’s the link?

Scientists have conducted numerous studies on happiness and its ties to creativity. J.R. Minkel wrote in the Scientific American that creativity increases when people feel happy. Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi studied the phenomenon of “flow,” when a person is fully engaged in creative work. He noted that people emerge from such creative absorption “feeling good” and wanting to repeat the experience. And Robert Epstein, a pioneer in research about creativity, wrote, “greater creativity breeds greater happiness. The creative process is itself a source of joy for most people. And with new creative powers we're also better able to solve the little problems that beset us daily.”

So, if creativity is linked to happiness, how do we become creative? Not everyone is a Picasso or a Galileo or a Henry Ford. For those of us who are less self-assured when it comes to creativity, Psychology Today offers this advice: get a hobby. “Hobbyists are amateurs - that is to say, the most intrinsically motivated of lovers. They court their pastime, not for conquest or for gain, but for pure pleasure. Hobbies are, quintessentially, forms of play.” In other words, passing time with your hobby is the same as doing what you love, and doing what you love is what makes for happiness.

Now you can see where we’re going with this: happiness --> creativity --> hobby --> papercrafting --> happiness. No wonder our paper kit is called Felicity!

Nothing makes us happier than giving away free products. You can win the Felicity Collection by leaving a comment on this post. Tell us what creative projects you do to make yourself feel happier. One lucky person will win—you got it—Felicity.

216 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 216   Newer›   Newest»
JoanneR said...

Wow - no one has posted yet - that's kid of intimidating!
Thew creative projects I work on to feel happier are actually stamping and crafting with my youngest son. He appreciates it and wants to do it and I get to spend quality time with him. The other boys have no interest in crafting with Mom.

Cheryl Even said...

Scrapping my family albums makes me happy, but making a papercrafted gift for someone and seeing the look of joy on his/her face as he/she receives it - that truly makes me happy!

Geri Conley said...

I do most of my creative work at workshops and classes with
my friends, which also adds to happiness.

Jessica said...

All creative things make me happy!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Geri above - the happiness for me comes from gathering friends to scrapbook together. Doing it this weekend!

Lauren said...

Making gifts for friends makes me the most happy... when I can personalize a mini-album or a card for someone special in my life, and see the look of joy on their face when they open it, it makes me happy. The best, though, is when they show the mini-album to me later and it's all filled with their own pictures! I love that!! :-)

Jamie Jay said...

I have never had a bad time scrapbooking! Scrapbooking is a creative process and I am always happy and relaxed when I am doing it. I agree totally with the post!

Laura C said...

Scrapping pages or cards make me very happy - so this makes sense

Karen said...

I love creating pages of my kids and watching their reactions to them... equally so sharing my stash with the kids to create their own things... each one truly unique!

Tracie said...

This is so true Happiness is productive whether it is in your daily life, occupation or hobbies. If you are truely happy you love to wake up, go to work and find time to do the things you love. I am happy and relaxed when I get to sit down and spread my scrapbooking all over the table. No one bothers you, then you reach a level of happiness that you can't explain. Which makes the rest of your family Happy too.

Laura said...

Giving a papercrafted gift that I created for them makes me happy. It is double happiness when I can see the look of joy on their face as it is opened.

Unknown said...

Right now I have a 6 month old that won't take the bottle. The only hobby I can attend are my scrapbooking classes since I can bring him.

Carolann said...

It gives me a sense of happiness scrapbooking the kids early years...now that they are older...they look at it with awe and the memories come flooding back... they will always have their books... it brigns smiles to thier faces! That make me happy!

Mark and Carrie Miller said...

I like to try making different papercrafting projects. The latest one that I have enjoyed is wall hangings for the different holidays.

Kelly said...

After the occassional long day with bickering kids, lots of messes, and winey excuses, I like to pull out pictures of the good times and create a beautiful scrapbook page to capture the memories. By the time I am done, the memories of the bad day are replaced by a sense of happiness and calm. Taking time for my hobby gives me back my sanity much like Calgon takes others away.

Flair Girl said...

Just looking at other peoples projects brings happiness and inspires creativity. The CTMH Idea Books are PERFECT for this, but even better are the Imagine, Cherish, and Reflections books!

Amee G said...

My scrapbook time is what makes me happiest. I find that the months I am unable to attend my monthly workshop, I tend to have a harder time. I look forward each month for the chance to use a little creativity and create something truly beautiful

Muma said...

I love creating a card for a specific person. Sure, I can do a workshop and prepare cards ahead of time, but I love to make a card especially for someone. It's more inspiring that way.

Anonymous said...

I find the most reward if giving scrapped gifts that are truely appreciated.

Ilisa said...

Ever since I started scrapbooking I have felt its connection to happiness.. Most of us will always scrap happy moments and going through those stack of photos from the past memories simply adds to the joy of scrapbooking.

glenda said...

I find the whole process of scrapbooking relaxing, but when I see a completed album on my shelf for my kids and grandchildren to enjoy and learn about their ancestors and their early years, that is the true happiness. I feel that I am leaving something important behind to remember me by.

Tracey Jean said...

I'm ecstatic when a layout or card comes together exactly the way I want. But I am happiest with a ball of yarn, a crochet hook, a book at my side, and fun music playing in the background.

Anonymous said...

Happiness is having ctmh to turn to for inspiration, ideas and beautiful products.

triciagall said...

I love making cards for people I know will REALLY appreaciate them. This makes me Happy!

Melissa Laverty said...

I try to do something creative everyday. I especially love it when I have found some awesome inspiration from another CTMH consultants work, Jeanettes Blog, etc. Always relaxes me.

Kristina said...

Making handmade gifts and seeing the joy it brings them, that makes me happy!

Crafty Stamper said...

For me, is anything that has to do with crafting. But if I am every feeling down, I hook up my iPod and start creating cards. I do notice at the beginning my cards are not as creative as towards the end. As I get happier they get more beautiful. (Heehee!)

Amy said...

I just love to make cards for every occasion. I love to see the reaction on peoples faces when they receive one of my homemade cards....so much more personal than store bought cards.

Jennifer said...

Scrapbooking has always been relaxing for me. I love to watch my teenager look back at my scrapbooks. I am lucky I get to scrapbook with my friends about once a month. I look forward to it and it definiately makes me happy!!

Wendy K. said...

Scrapbooking makes me happy but I also enjoy making cards and altered items.

Lilly said...

I love to make cards and work with felt. It is relaxing and fun.
Thanks!

Jodi said...

buying cute paper and stamps has been my therapy for years! I love it!

Amy said...

Scrapbooking is still my favorite paper craft - and favorite of any craft. I do like cardmaking too and I do a little altered gift stuff but I struggle with that. I recently read a study that said looking at personal photos is a better stress reliever than wine, chocolate or watching TV.

CarrieB said...

I scrapbook, make cards, bake and give it away as well as I love to entertain! I think that you have to be creative in some regards to plan and host a party!

Terrie Mathison said...

Just having some quite time to focus on my scrapbooks/cards makes me happy!

Jody said...

My creative happiness comes from the finished product. The knowing that "I made it myself" be it the trinket or the whole darn thing. I just sit and look at it for the longest time, lol, weird, I know. It just makes me happy. Who knew paper could bring such happiness to one's own self!

Patty Williams said...

I love to make cards . LOVE to fondle paper and smell ink !!

Patty W

CathyCrafts said...

passing time with your hobby . . . funny isn't it that those hours fly by when crafting and drag at work !

Anonymous said...

is it too obvious to say scrapbooking?

Shannon said...

I love simply making scrapbook pages filled with memories of my children when they were younger. So fun to look back a them......and as always, making a homemade card to send to someone!
Shannon

Karen said...

I love scrapbooking or cardmaking but I think my favorite thing that I have made is a CTMH display album that I keep on my counter of my 2 dogs. I love to see everyone's expression as they flip through it.

Anonymous said...

Over the years many different crafts have made me happy. I am just really getting into scrapbooking and card making and being with other scrappers and being creative with the help of my CTMH consultant Jackie is great fun!!!

Keeley Kirwan said...

Just making time to scrapbook is hard, so each and every minute is precious!! I absolutely love to open our paper packs and stamp sets for the first time and take a huge whif...hehehe.

Lynaya said...

I love scrapbooking, sewing, crochet and just about EVERTHING creative. It is a nice feeling to now that you have created something so cute.

Nina N said...

Scrapbooks are my craft of choice. I love pictures of my family and friends, so scrapbooking was a natural choice for me and allows me to do something special with the pictures.

Cheryl P said...

I'm in the process of scrapping my step-children's photos from their early years-- it lets me get to know them from a time before me-- I find it very rewarding to imagine them at 3 and 4 and even 13. Then there's the fun of watching them as they look at something I created for them-- makes me feel warm and happy!

Trishkj said...

It's very satisfying to create something with my own hands and then see a finished project!

Anonymous said...

card making and little paper craft gifts for friends, family and students!
Carol W

Sheila H said...

I truly love scrapping and making cards. I've been doing it for about a year and a half, and nothing gives me more pleasure. It relaxes me and challenges me creatively. I sometimes spend hours working on colors and patterns because my supplies are limited, but I truly love it!

Elaine Hollander said...

I do all sorts of crafts, knitting, quilting scrapbooking, only when I am not rushed do I enjoy them

Unknown said...

Crafting of any kind makes me happy. I need to focus more on putting my families memories on paper and quit making projects for others.

Anonymous said...

I'm much happier when I have an active project. I love making birthday and other greeting cards for others to enjoy. I especially love the times I get to craft with my mom. The creativity flows when we're working together much better than when I'm working alone.

Amy Ulen said...

Thanks so much for those quotes. I'm going to use them in my classroom!

Lora said...

I love a variety of crafts. Papercrafting is one of my favorites. I like to make things for other people.

Trudy Harting said...

This paper is such fun and so versitle. I've made sympathy cards, birthday cards and an assortment of other types of cards. What fun. Get your pack today.

KellyC said...

Scrapbooking is a rather new hobby of mine these past few years and once I get better at it, I'll be able to relax and enjoy it more:-) I'm grateful for my consultant, the catalogs as well as the Imagine, Cherish and My Reflection books which all help me to loosen up and try new things.

My first love is quilting--something I've been doing for many, many years. I think that's why I've been enjoying scrapbooking so much--it's like quilting with paper!

Korine said...

I make birthday cards every month for all of our extended family and our friends. I know one mom cuts off the front of the cards I send to her kids and incorporates them in their scrapbooks.

Jenn said...

Sadly, organizing my stuff makes me the happiest lol!

Kerry J said...

I love scrapbooking but I get the most enjoyment when I am scrapping with my scrapbook-friends. We all have kids around the same age. At our get-togethers the kids play with their toys and we play with our "scrapbook-toys"! :-) Sharing ideas, supplies, helping each other with new techniques, and talking about the kids is really happy time!

Kerri W said...

I love to scrapbook but I have to admit the best time for me is when I get to go to a crop and scrapbook with friends. Im not saying I get a lot done but I sure have fun!

Anonymous said...

Happiness is...a completed scrapbook layout! :-)

Joyce said...

I scrapbook to make myself happier. Sometimes, I like to challenge myself with what I can come up with if I only have scraps on hand. Often times the products are not bad. Those are very satisfying moments.

Sherry Hawa said...

Creating has always made me happy, especially seeing the end result. I think that's one reason why scrapbooking is so satisfying. It's so easy to finish a project with all of our CTMH great products!

Lisa Shemko said...

Scrapbooking and cardmaking make me happy. It's a chance to relax and do something that I enjoy doing.

Unknown said...

Its one of the best feelings when you sit back and look at something you just made and love it!! I am so happy when my kids want to look at their scrapbooks and tell me how much they love them!

Paige Dolecki said...

Playing with paper makes me happy. Playing with paper with friends makes me happier. Playing with paper with friends with chocolate makes us the happiest!

Seriously, there is something about the textures of paper, ribbon, flowers, bling, metal embellishments, the sound of stamps hitting pads that all combines to make me relaxed and peaceful. There is nothing like creating something beautiful out of a few bits and pieces.

Paige

Paige

Cheri Hill said...

I am not a very creative person, but I want to do creative things. That is why I love Close to My Heart so much. You make it so easy for me to look like I am a creative person. Just scrapbooking in general makes me happy. Of course, winning would also make me very happy:)

Crystal Pledger said...

I love scrapbooking and papercrafting. Finishing a project and loving the way it turned out makes me very happy. Close to my Heart makes it easy for any level from beginner to advanced to do that. I love it!

Helen Van Daalen said...

I scrapbook, quilt and knit. I am interested in a variety of crafts and love seeing finished products and saying "I made it myself"

Noreen Smith said...

I scrapbook, make cards, design scrapbook paper products, blog, write articles and tutorials, make page plans. WHEW! Oh, and I do like to sew occasionally. Finishing off any creative project makes me very satisfied!

Unknown said...

Needle crafting was very restful for me when my children were growing up. Recently I have been trying scrapbooking, both albums and cards. My first projects were an album for my brother turning 75 and then a card for my daughter’s baby shower. I found the process to be creative, challenging, involving, and satisfying. They were both excited to receive them. This was HAPPINESS for all of us.

Unknown said...

Doing anything "crafty" makes me happy. Whether it be scrapping, counted cross stitch or even just coloring with the kids, doing something creative just releases endorphines...or something...that just makes me happy.

Michele said...

Scrapbooking pages of my family or making cards for friends makes me happy!!!

Unknown said...

Felicity is also defined as: a pleasing manner or quality especially in art or language
I thought this set was named felicity because it is REALLY NICE!!!

Tracy said...

Scrapbooking and making cards makes me happy, however, the look on my family's faces when they see my completed pages and my friends when the realize I made their card is what really makes me happy...knowing that I created something that others can appreciate and enjoy for years to come.

Anonymous said...

I love meeting with my stamp group and making whatever project(s) we do that month.

Denise said...

I love to do scrapbook pages and card making. I get more compliments from friends but I know one day my family will enjoy them. Really they will!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I think I am happiest making cards because they can be given away and an encouragement.

:-)

featheredheaven said...

Crafting Happeness for me is when I can get a great sale on supplies....love getting new supplies, such as paper, embellishments, etc.
It also thrills me, being a "newbie" and all, to be able to pull an album page together that may not be "fantabulous" to anyone else, but I look at it with great pride! That, and when trying out a new product for the 1st time and the project turns out really well.....makes me happy!

Mireille said...

Just the whole process.. paint and glue on my fingers.. beautiful inspiring stuff on my desk.. beautiful photo's of my loved ones..

Rosalynd Kelly said...

Any type of paper crafting makes me happy! Winning "Felicity" would make me happier!

Amy Moore said...

Happiness is capturing a great photo of my kids and scrapbooking it with beautiful products!

Gretel said...

Prior to learning the scrapbooking and card making craft, I would stamp on baby t-shirts with permanent ink. Every once in a while I like to revisit that place. Scrapbooking gives me long tem gratification. But card making provides an instant sense of accomplishment that's hard to beat!

smahrty said...

creativity does = happiness! As proven by this great hobby of ours! I also like to read, bake, decorate.

Unknown said...

Making handstamped note cards to give or send always puts me in a good mood!!

also... making a good cheesecake puts me in a great mood!

Cindy Vernon said...

Scrapbooking, especially mini-albums make me happy!

Unknown said...

I love the memories that come back while I'm working on something esp. if the pics are older. It makes me happy to work on something and get it 'just right' awe the since of accomplishment. 'happy dance' As far as stitching...let's just say I just started putting waxy flax through buttons. Yeah, you have to start somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I love scraping pics of my kids. It always puts a smile on my face!

Unknown said...

Scrapbooking and sewing projects!

Felicia C. said...

Lately I've really gotten into mini-albums and the endless possiblities for them. It really gets the creative juices going for me, but it is the entire process that really makes me happy.

Shauna said...

I actually find enjoyment in organizing my papercrafting suplies as well as using them. But scrapbooking my photos and memories make me the happiest!

Dory G said...

I am mentoring a teenage girl. We meet once a week and I get the most joy out of sharing my tools and supplies with her. We make cards, work on picture books and make crafts to give to others. It is wonderful!

AZconservativeMOM said...

Making my pages WITH pictures included makes me happiest! I tend to get behind on ordering/printing pictures, and then, because I love scrapping with my scrappy friends so much, I still go scrapping with them, even without pictures! This year, I am making the effort to have my pictures printed so I can do pages INCLUDING pictures!

WhyamIdoingthis said...

I think accomplishing something each day makes me happy, whether it be a scrapbook page, deep cleaning the house or making an out-of-the-ordinary dinner.

Laura O. said...

What makes me happy is doing crafts for my daughter to teach her different things i.e. colours, abc, 123...and watching her face light up

Myra Grodzuik said...

My favourite creative things I LOVE to do is Scrapbooking of course! But I really love to help and show others what they can do with their layouts. I also love to quilt, cross stitch, crochet, knit, and I love canning up our favourite fruits and veggies!

Jessica said...

Paper crafting certainly makes me happy!

Jayda said...

Being creative does make me happy!

Roxie said...

Creating artwork really makes me feel better. There are days that I just create because it raises my mood.

Elaine said...

Creating cards for friends and family gives me happiness. I have some friends/family who want handmade cards as gifts each year. It is fun to come up with new ideas to "wow" them.

Barbra Otten said...

Out of all the creative projects I do, scrapbooking is the one that makes me happiest. I love that it's a way to write my family's biography.

Nicole said...

Scrapbooking in general makes me happy, especially when something comes together easily and turns out the way I want. I also am happy when I can create a card or page workshop for other people to put together.

Parchey Family said...

I love papercrafting and the joy in brings the people who receive my creations. Angie

Unknown said...

Must be true....I love papercrafting....and I'm happy! especially when I have a fun night with the ladies planned for some fun scrapbooking or cardmaking!

marlene said...

My daughter's quote from years ago-I think women are supposed to create something. If they are not making babies
they need to be making something else". Makes sense to me-good reason to make something pretty with paper and be happy!

Unknown said...

I am one of those people that wake up happy. My cup is always half full. I am most happy when scrapbooking/cardmaking with friends, but love to take the time to create things for those friends. My husband always knows when I've been creating--I get so excited to show him what I've done. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body. lol

Unknown said...

I am always happy when I scrapbook. I have met the nicest people by going to scrapbooking retreats and classes. Everyone exchanges ideas and is willing to praise each other. Everyone I've meant has a little different creativity. I like to sit by the TV and do Iris Folding or paperpiecing projects.

Maggi said...

I scrap pictures of my dogs!! They are my loves!

Kim said...

All my crafts are therapy...it is "me" time and we all need a little of that!!

Becky said...

I am trying to go back in time and scrap the last 14 years of my two boys. It brings back memories as I am creating my pages. I don't know where the time has gone but it brings a smile to my face.

Unknown said...

I love to make cards. Pam W.

monicac said...

I have my periods-scrapbooking,crocheting, cross-stitching, stenciling, painting, flower-arranging-these all make me happy.

shena84 said...

I love to scrap for gifts to others. I always want to see there face when they open up there gift or card. I think sharing this with other people puts a smile on there face.

Semi Granola Mom said...

Getting a layout done for my kids to add to their albums, that is happiness. They love looking at pictures of themselves :)
~C

Celeste Hull said...

What makes me happy is scrapbooking. I especially enjoy scrapbooking my grandchildren. I also get much enjoyment sewing, although at this time I do not have much time to sew.

Nalazoo said...

Paper crafting of any kind or knitting or crocheting all make me happy.

harriet said...

I have been a papercrafter most of my life and I am "second" most happy with myself when I am capturing memories of spending time with my family in scrapbooking. I am the most happy when I am making the memories. Scrapbooking allows me to have the experience any time I want. That is true happiness!

Lily Patch Boutique said...

What makes me happy is creating gifts for family and friends.

Lacey said...

I'd have to say doing anything crafty makes me happy :)

Shirley said...

I love going to the scrapbooking workshops that my CTMH consultant puts together for my friends and me! We have such a good time eating dinner together and then having fun creating the scrapbook layouts.

qsogirl said...

scrapbooking *does* make me happy, and nothing makes me happier than knowing that i have time to scrapbook... it's a lovely little loop ;-)

This Is My Fibro said...

What makes me most happy creatively is scrapbooking a great page. But I also use my CTMH papers, inks and embellishments to make frames that I usually give at baby showers. People love the personalized frames in their nursery colors with baby's name.

Teresa said...

I love making cards and other paper crafts for people. I enjoy the creative process as well as the joy of sharing what I've made with other people. When I'm able to get together with a group of people to do my crafting, it makes it all the more fun!

Unknown said...

Scrapbooking = Happiness
or is
Happiness = Scrapbooking

Dan and Connie said...

I love it when I come up with a great design for a card. Sending it out to someone who you know is going to appreciate it makes it even more fun. If I don't find time to create, I just get grumpy

Sheila Wilkerson said...

I'm so happy about Felicity.

Janet's Joy said...

I love making calendars with family photos for Christmas gifts.

Deb30906 said...

I have always loved making things and become attracted to every craft that comes along. When scrapbooking came along (in it's present form, I had actually done it for years), I have been forever hooked. I've been doing it ten years steady now and haven't tired of it one bit.

patiogreen said...

I love to scrap. Watching books come alive with memories makes me really happy!

susan m said...

Scrapbooking makes me happy. Documenting memories is a great way to relive them - over and over again!

Anonymous said...

I am still kind of new to scrapbooking and so I appreciate the creativeness of the CTMH people that put together the books and workshops on the go that I use to help me put my pages together. I am so proud of my scrapbook pages and can't wait to try other creative projects like making cards.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy making things whether they are with paper as in cards or with needle and thread as in cross or needlepoint. I also love making homemade gifts which may include a baked goodie that is packaged special for the recipient. Maybe some time I will plunge into scrapbooking. Thanks for an interesting tidbit today - I enjoyed reading it.

Chris R. from Iowa

Manhattan Mandie said...

I love doing layouts of my beautiful daughters. It makes me so happy to preserve their childhood in such a beautiful way!

Stacey Barrows said...

All scrapbooking and home decor projects make me happy. In my busty life I get little time to scrapbook, so when I get the chance to do it I am very happy. To me it does not matter what the project is. I like doing layouts, cards, mini albums and home decor items. The felicity pack is quite nice. Thanks for giving them away each day. I do hope I get a chance to win.

Anonymous said...

It ALWAYS makes me happy to hand make something for someone else... mostly this means cards, thank yous, I'm praying for yous, things like that. But every once in a while I make little gifts as well, small altered paint cans with gift cards inside. Altered starbucks frappuccino boxes (frappuccinos included) and maybe a gift card as well :)

LARAINE said...

After I have created a scrapbook layout, it's so fun just to look at it!

Anonymous said...

Creating that just right card makes me happy. Laurie W. Seguin, TX

Amanda said...

although it always makes me happy to do any type of crafting project it makes me the most happy to do card and craft making with a group of people, so you can get everyones imput and ideas. Plus that added social benfit never hurts.

Janette said...

Any scrapbooking or home decor project makes me happy. I am also starting to enjoy cards thanks to the "Wishes" book!

Diane said...

creating a page or a card makes me happy. creating with my daughters and/or my sister and sharing ideas makes me creatively happy.

Anonymous said...

Embellishments make me smile! SandySec57@aol.com

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better than scrapbooking with great friends! :) Kim H.

Tammy C said...

I am so looking forward to an all day crop I'm attending at the end of the month. We will be having a card layout contest as well as a 2 page scrapbook page layout contest. Lots of good food, fun make 'n takes, prizes, games, and creating with a good group of friends - that makes me SO HAPPY!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

My creative happiness comes from papercrafting and baking.

Brendakaye said...

I love making things and giving them to someone, a card to cheer them up, a scrapbook of our times together that makes me happy

Cindy_K said...

Scrapbooking family albums is my favorite craft and altered art or re-using or re-creating items is another fun craft.

Rachel said...

I love creating mini-paper bag scrapbooks for friends and family. Creating something truely unique gives me immense pleasure and happiness!

Roberta Dermody said...

Scrapbooking albums for my family and showing my 6 year old grandsons how to make projects are two of the things that make me the happiest. I found out how much they enjoy it when the one was asking Santa for a paper cutter for Christmas.

Anna said...

Recieved my Felicity yesterday and am soooooo happy! Can't wait to dive into it!

Unknown said...

To make myself happy, I scrapbook layouts of my kids. Kids are truly the joy of my life, and scrapbooking is the ultimate therapy!
-Shannon in Columbia, MO

Simonetta Bois (Simmie) said...

My felicity is scrapbooking. I enjoy it so much. I enjoy it most when I have new pictures or paper to work with. If I wait too long I loose my umph, my excitement. I have been scrapbooking for 10+ years and when I discovered CTMH I discovered my style and my excitement went thru the roof.

Anonymous said...

I love making cards for other people! Everyone loves a homemade card! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful encouragement! Scrapbooking is more than just putting pictures in an album, it's helping us be a better person to ourselves and those around us. When we are happy, it's contagious :)

I love this new collection...it's so beautiful! It's a definite buy for me :)

Anonymous said...

I teach middle school so scrapbooking is therapeutic for me! Is it wrong for me the pretend I am cutting off their little heads when they drive me crazy? I always feel better when I am scrapping. It makes even the worst day in middle school a good day!

P.S. I really love my students! I am blessed to have great students! Only a few seem to drive me crazy!

Farmmom310

Cindy said...

Happiness is making cards and giving them to friends...Great happiness is to have a friend pull out ALL of the cards that you have sent her for the last 5 years. This really happened and all I could do was smile... :o)

Me Again said...

I'm still so new to this, but from the very first Gathering I attended I found that it was a very "zen" experience to get into the work of creating. I was hooked immediately.

Kevin Renz said...

Cards, cards, cards!

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

Creating scrapbook pages is what makes me happiest. Right now I am making a baby quilt for my new granddaughter, which makes me extremely happy.

Debbie Taylor said...

I LOVE making cards and gifts and I love to hear from recipients - "you make the best gifts!" Gift giving of hand made gifts is the best, because you love is always returned to you wfor your made gift, because the receiver always gives you back wonderful praise and appreciation and usually a very big smile of gratitude. Thanks for all the wonderful project and gift ideas!! Debbie

sandyh50 said...

Getting together with my scrapbooking buddies and making layouts and cards makes me happy!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Making cards and scrapbooking, plus needlecrafts, makes me happy--especially when I get to share my crafts with my children!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy crafting weather I am by myself, with my kids, with my friends & even when I use crafts at work as therapy. Karen

Michelle said...

I am happier when I am creating just about anything. I love to do projects for and about my kiddos. I think looking at their sweet faces when I make something is when I am at my happiest!

Judy G said...

Dear CTMH:

Thanks for the wonderful products. Your designers are to be commended! I love everything. I enjoy making cards and miniature books. It's great therapy! Judy G.

Laura said...

I always find a great deal of contentment being creative, whether it is scrapbooking, cardmaking, quilting, or cross stitching. Life is good when you can just sit and do your crafts.

Anonymous said...

Scrapbooking is a STRESS reliver for sure! I love to go to my Scrapbook room and veg out.
Michelle Smith @ smishell59@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love working on my family history album. Both the gathering part and the actual scrapbooking part make me feel connected to my family.

Tammy Wynard said...

Truthfully, I love scrapbooking everything about life, but the pages that make me the happiest are those that have the people I love in the places we love the most. For instance, my kids love the Arborteum (aka Tree Park) near our house. I love scrapping these pictures - once I get my own scrap room - they will adorn the walls, as they are my happiest pages.

Julie Decker-CTMH Independent Consultant said...

Happiness is good friends, lots of paper, some good adhesive, a decent trimmer, and a Diet Coke!

Maura said...

Love scrapping with friends! Don't get to do it often enough.... love giving scrapbooks as gifts and seeing the recipient excited about it!

Christine David said...

This may sound funny but organizing makes me happy. I know it isn't the sort of "creativity" that you are thinking of me. But nothing makes me happier than finding a new creative way to re-organize an area that makes life simply easier.

Abbey said...

Working on my family albums bring lots of fun and laughter to our lives. My daughter loves to look back at her "me' book. I learned many moons ago to be sure to make an album for each....so that each would have the memories to take as they grow and move on with their adventures.

Sheri M. from MN said...

I really enjoy working on my boys' books. They bring such joy to myself & my family.

Susan R from SD said...

Happiness is crafting with my 9 year old daughter or creating/stamping love notes for my family (and those I get in return)!

Rachel Carter said...

I totally believe that I can't just scrap whenever. I can only be creative when I am happy. I simply must be in the mood or it's no good.

sgoodbrand said...

Working in my craft room makes me happy! Sometimes my husband says "Why don't you go downstairs and make a card??" I take that as a hint that I need a "time-out" to let all the stress out by being creative!!

Corrie said...

I enjoy working on my projects with my daughter. She is only three but loves to look at my albums and loves to put things together once I cut them out for her. She is also a stamp addict, she calls them her "stampers" and even has her own markers for coloring them.

Michelle H said...

Creating a card or a layout that turns out even better than I had hoped makes me happiest.

Unknown said...

After a long day at work, there is nothing better than to relax working on my sb pages. Love it!

Tara said...

I like making things that don't take alot of time to do, for example making cards or little mini albums. Instant gratification!!!!

Penne said...

Getting together with friends for a day of scrapbooking is a happy feeling.

Danielle Cuthbertson said...

I really enjoy locking myself in my scrapbook room and having some solitude time to create and remember great times captured with my photos and displayed through scrapbooking. I also really like the instant gratification of making cards. I do believe the happiness is linked to creativity. Some nights you just lack that creativity needed for scrapbooking.

MrsSuzyQ said...

Creative pursuits that bring me happiness would be writing, cooking, crafting and especially working with papers. I just feel good when I learn a recipe for any of the above and then make my very own creative twist on it.

Becky Sorensen said...

What is really neat is when my girls sit down and look through their scrapbooks and show them to their friends!!!

~*Sandy*~ said...

When I scrapbook we make it a family affair...we tend to scrap on the weekends at my mom's sister's house...there's me and mom and her two sisters that get together and create some beautiful pages...my niece sometimes gets into it as well as shes got her own stash of scrapbooking items and crafting supplies...the possibilities are endless and priceless as the time we spend together is awesome

Laney's Legacy's said...

What makes me happiest is when those I make my projects for smile and say thanks for their gift.

heidi said...

I am happiest when I am scrapping, gardening, reading and sleeping! I have a great time making gifts for my family and friends.

Tara said...

I love to creat a lot of things. I love scrapbooking and card making. I really love the Felicity collection and think it is the perfect name for it.

Anonymous said...

I like to scrap pictures of all the fun things we've done. I also like to build things. We've built a reloading bench for my husband, the workstation for my scrapbook room and my hubby just made me a paper holder for all my different scrap papers. I love to take pictures and try to create that perfect shot. It's funny how in the posting you mentioned that after you're finished being creative that you feel happy and want to repeat the process. Thinking about this, I really do feel happy when I've created something, whether it be a new layout or calendar or whatnot or building something to use in my room, I feel happy and want to repeat the process as soon as I can again! Thank you for this opportunity to win. The Felicity collection is absolutely beautiful and it's amazing to see how versatile it can be with all the wonderful tip you have been sharing. I think that CTMH is my favorite company yet!!

Anonymous said...

Every week, I send an email out to family & friends with pictures of my two boys (4 months & 2.5 years) with a little blurb about what they've been up to. Then I use the email letter and pictures to complete a double page layout. Being able to look back on our lives and the boys' accomplishments is true happiness. And knowing that I'm going to be scrapbooking these layouts prompts me to cherish the little comments and funny moments. Thanks CTMH! Michelle LB.

Cheryl said...

Making gifts and crafts for other people is what makes me happy! I love to see someone's face when they get something handmade from the heart. :)

Emily said...

Doesn't matter what I make-- cards, scrapbook layouts, prepacked kits-- whatever I FINISH makes me happy!

Juliet A said...

I really enjoy going to challenge blogs and using challenges to inspire my paper projects. It gives me direction while still allowing me the freedom to create.

Michelle G said...

Nothing makes me happier than watching my daughter look through the scrapbooks that I have made for her. She loves reading about herself as a young person, and I like reliving all of the good memories.

Jayma Malme said...

I have a stamp that reads "Do something creative every day." Crafting is therapy for me...I do try to get some sort of project done every day, and when I do, I feel happy :)

Margy said...

I have two passions: quilting and scrapbooking. So when I'm not playing with fabric or paper, I'm reading about one or the other! My son got me a great book with patterns for making paper-quilted cards - he said it just "sounded like something I'd like." And he was SO right!

Unknown said...

becoming a "mom" i forgot how to be "amy"...it may seem insignificant to some but playing again with scissors, paper and glue, it helps me to feel more like myself. It helps that the result doesn't elicit the dreaded mommy guilt; I am actually doing something productive, something that honors the family that we have become and the memories that we create. All that and fun too! Who can ask for more?

Lya Lin said...

I wish I have more time to create, which really makes me happy. Happiness is also when someone likes and appreciates my artwork, I can see from their eyes the feeling of appreciation and that is wonderful too.

Thks,

Unknown said...

Finishing a layout makes me very happy (especially one made with cute papers;)

Lori L said...

Just making any project makes me feel happier.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 216   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2009–2010 Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with Felicity!
All rights reserved worldwide. Downloading or copying this Web page or images therein is a violation of copyright.